• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS03: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act III~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mega Evolution Act III

Will this take half a year too?

Don't be surprised if it does. Tomioka Atsuhiro, Asada Yuuji, and Iwane Masa'aki have other duties to attend to for Pocket Monster XY.

125px-Mairin.png
180px-XY_Ramos.png

I think I'm probably the last person to notice this... but Manon and Ramos look similar in terms of outfit. Not only that, but Ramos specializes in Grass-types, and Manon has a Chespin and a Flabebe (which carries a flower). My guess is that they are related, Manon possibly being Ramos' granddaughter.

There's no announcement for Ash's fourth gym battle yet, and the Mega Evolution Act3 is scheduled for 2015 spring. If there are enough fillers during Winter, I think they could just make it so that Ash meets Manon during one of his episodes including Ramos, and the Mega Evolution specials join the main series from there on.

Here's a small preview.

[video=youtube;LtQCPYBw450]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQCPYBw450[/video]

Gawd. It's more action-packed than I expected

125px-Mairin.png
180px-XY_Ramos.png

I think I'm probably the last person to notice this... but Manon and Ramos look similar in terms of outfit. Not only that, but Ramos specializes in Grass-types, and Manon has a Chespin and a Flabebe (which carries a flower). My guess is that they are related, Manon possibly being Ramos' granddaughter.

Yeah her hair sort of looks like Ramos' beard so he must be his granddaughter, I also see Ramos having lots and lots of grandchildren.

And here's a thought...since they're going to Rustboro, maybe Roxanne could appear (with Mega-Aerodactyl). Or at least Mr. Stone

It seems the special will air March 19th

5E2GS1p.jpg

Also, current broadcast data suggests it could be an hour long, though that could change.

Last edited:

I really hope Act III is twice as long as the others. Act II practically rushed through the Mega Rayquaza plot and Alain's backstory.

These type of specials need to be longer than ordinary episodes because they deal with more complicated subject matter.

March is sooner than I expected. Five months is still five months, though, so it's not impossible for it to air. I doubt Act III will be an hour long, though. My guess is it will air with a regular Satoshi episode or at the most Act IV.

New pic and summary:

mqjeFnq.jpg

A Three-Cornered Super Battle Between Legendary Pokémon!

Primal Groudon has the power to extend the land! Its counterpart, Primal Kyogre, can extend the sea by causing great amounts of rain. Now, Mega Rayquaza leaps in between these two Pokémon that possess the power to destroy the entire world!! Is this the beginning of a grand showdown between legendary Pokémon!?

Arceus willing this means we'll FINALLY get a GOOD take on the Weather Trio's story/battle. (He certainly knows this'll have to best thing with Groudon and Kyogre animated...)

I'm hoping that there will be some god-tier legendary battles. If it just ends with Rayquaza Megavolving, glaring at the two, and all three just running off... anti-climatic wouldn't even define it well.

I can't see the story being too good. It's not likely that we'll be able to have Act III stand on a months-long cliffhanger, so I see this battle being wrapped up in one episode.

If it just ends with Rayquaza Megavolving, glaring at the two, and all three just running off... anti-climatic wouldn't even define it well.

And yet...that still sounds better than what happened in AG...

I'm hoping that there will be some god-tier legendary battles. If it just ends with Rayquaza Megavolving, glaring at the two, and all three just running off... anti-climatic wouldn't even define it well.
It's funny because that's what happened in Emerald (sans Mega Evolution) and a lot of fans ate it up.

It's funny because that's what happened in Emerald (sans Mega Evolution) and a lot of fans ate it up.

In the very least, it could be a showcase of their broken abilities. Have an impressive display of how Delta Stream negates both intense sun and heavy rain.

New Image from Special
img_next150319.jpg

Attachments

• img_next150319.jpg
    img_next150319.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 150

I really wish this special was moved to the 26th so that we can get the Sliggoo episode the week before. I just dislike that the last episode of March has to be Sliggoo's episode, when if it wasn't for the special airing on that day we would've gotten the Sliggoo episode already. But I suppose they did it like that to space out between Fennekin and Sliggoo and perhaps for some other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom