• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS03: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act III~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mega Evolution Act III

Yep.

DEFINITELY better than "Groudon vs. Kyogre" (and that's just the preview)! :-D

Can't wait for Mega Charizard X vs. Primal Groudon. I still can't believe Mega Charizard X cut through that lava pillar like butter with Dragon Claw.

Sick of these fucking legendaries. Can't they concentrate on showcasing normal mega evolution mons? I thought that was the goal of these specials. Now it's just consists of rushed legendary appearances which is just garbage.

Sick of these fucking legendaries. Can't they concentrate on showcasing normal mega evolution mons? I thought that was the goal of these specials. Now it's just consists of rushed legendary appearances which is just garbage.
It seems that most of the Mega Evolutions won't ever get actual screetime.

This special exists to promote the upcoming movie, not to mention probably give Tomioka Atsuhiro a second shot at the Groudon and Kaiorga storyline. These specials will likely continuing being made for the next two years, so there's plenty of time to use the other Mega Evolutions.

You do realise that this promotes Primals which are directly related to Megas so I don't see the problem there, also they can promote other Megas anytime they want like in the main anime.

Also its action-packed so isn't that the most important thing.

This special exists to promote the upcoming movie,
Because another set of Hoenn titans also appear in the movie alongside a dozen of other legendaries? There is no real connection.

These specials will likely continuing being made for the next two years,
We don't know that. Alain and Lysandre may just a conclusion in the regular anime, which won't necessarily be about Mega Evolution considering that isn't the focus in the XY story.

so there's plenty of time to use the other Mega Evolutions.
Only 9 Mega Evolutions out of 48 have appeared in nearly 1.5 years. The main problem with showcasing them is that they have to belong to strong trainers, and there are only so many of those.

Last edited:

How is that a problem? All you have to do is draw up a character, say they're strong, and give them a Mega Evolution.

How is that a problem? All you have to do is draw up a character, say they're strong, and give them a Mega Evolution.

And throw in a "I've been a trainer for [X] years!" which is a hell of a lot longer than ten year old Satoshi.

40+ times? That wouldn't be repetitive at all.

I'm just saying that at the base level there's no difficulty in making a strong trainer.

Beyond that there's plenty of ways to differentiate them beyond that so it isn't repetitive.

Beyond that there's plenty of ways to differentiate them beyond that so it isn't repetitive.
What could be so different every time? Either the trainer has to master Mega Evolution (Korrina) or they're already adept at it, putting trainers like Ash at a disadvantage that shouldn't be overcome on a regular basis. A multitude of such trainers would only serve to detract from the badge quest.

I'm expecting to see Mega Evolutions in the league, but even then, it won't be a crazy amount for the simple reason that Ash can only have so many opponents.

I meant the character themselves, their design, their personality, their goal. It doesn't even need to be connected directly to having a Mega Evolution, I'm just saying if you wanna showcase Mega Pokemon, there's not really any real barrier to it.

It's not that much different than creating countless COTD already to showcase the regular Pokemon.

This would have been even better if it was P.Groudon and P.Kyogre destroying the whole of Hoenn with their powers and Alain getting caught in the explosion while trying to save Hoenn from mass destruction without knowing about Rayquaza and which consequently results in his death.

It would have been a good twist for the Mega Specials as they seem to be targeted more towards the older fans.

Here is the preview from the official Pokemon youtube channel.

[video=youtube;AEuz3Sv1xag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEuz3Sv1xag[/video]

These specials will likely continuing being made for the next two years,
We don't know that. Alain and Lysandre may just a conclusion in the regular anime, which won't necessarily be about Mega Evolution considering that isn't the focus in the XY story.

I'm with ya there, but who's to say the producers won't mainly use Mega-evos and Team Flare in this mini-series :confused:

(Especially since using TF--or at least Lysandre--here would means they don't have to deal with that pesky Ultimate Weapon business)

Only 9 Mega Evolutions out of 48 have appeared in nearly 1.5 years. The main problem with showcasing them is that they have to belong to strong trainers, and there are only so many of those.

Actually, they've used 12 (13 if you count Wikstrom's Mega-Scizor in the last Movie).

To help folks keep track:
Charizard X
Mewtwo Y
Blaziken
Garchomp
Absol
Blastoise
Gardevoir
Lucario
Mawile
Diancie
Metagross
Rayquaza
Maybe Scizor :confused:

To be fair, they seem to mainly save Mega-Evolution for special occasions, which I can't really fault 'em for. Heck, I actually like that they're doing that and not shoving it in our faces (Gamefreak does that enough).

Kinda agree with you about the strong trainer part. That's another reason I think they should be bring back old characters with them, which includes a number of Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Champions, and significant rivals you could see earning a mega-evolution at some point.

Though I think the Show may be cutting folks some slack when it comes to how strong you have to be(as usual). For example, there wasn't anything about Remy or Astrid that make us think they were really that strong other than having Mega-Evolable Pokémon & Stones. And it looks like Sycamore's Garchomp will Mega-Evolve, but just how strong or skilled is a scientist who doesn't battle & train (at least not that we know of)? Not to mention, of course, if Ash's Charizad Mega-Evolves, but let's please not go into that here.

Last edited:

SammyWS7 said:
I'm with ya there, but who's to say the producers won't mainly use Mega-evos and Team Flare in this mini-series

(Especially since using TF--or at least Lysandre--here would means they don't have to deal with that pesky Ultimate Weapon business)
I'm just saying that we shouldn't take it for granted that there will be more specials, especially if Lysandre and Alain are meant to meet Ash (the Ultimate Weapon can be ignored either way).

Actually, they've used 12 (13 if you count Wikstrom's Mega-Scizor in the last Movie).
I wasn't counting the movies, but I did miss Mawile.

The VA list.

Alain: Kenshō Ono
Mairin: Mikako Komatsu
Steven Stone: Ken'ichi Suzumura
Lysandre: Hideaki Tezuka
Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida
Charizard: Kensuke Satō
Chespin: Yuka Terasaki
Metagross: Kenta Miyake
Operator: Takahiro Miyake
Operator A: Takaaki Uchino
Operator B: Yoshiki Nakajima
Tyranitar: Tsuguo Mogami

Here is a new, small summary of this special.

The third special! The legendary trio Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza finally clash! Alan and Daigo confront them using M-Lizardon and M-Metagross respectively!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom