• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
[video=youtube;vd9umShRZPc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9umShRZPc[/video]

So it's airing next Fall... My guess's September or October, near the new game's possible release to help promoting it.

Alan's narration makes it seem like this will be the final Mega Evolution act, what with the "speeding toward a climax" line and all.

Hilbert said:
I hate "previews" like this -___- It's not a preview, it's a recap with a date.

They likely don't have any finished animation ready to show off yet.

AnimeAddictedNihon said:
So it's airing next Fall

It's airing Fall 2015.

Yeah, no animation is finished. If it's airing in Fall that means Iwane Masa'aki is probably two months from even beginning work on it. It takes Iwane two months to do the key animation for the Mega Evolution episodes, too, so it'll be a while before there is any available animation to show off.

Man, how long are they gonna milk this sucker :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I really like this mini-series. But I'd like some Mega-Evolutions to be in an actual story in the Show and have Alan--and more importantly, Lysandre (with Team Flare in tow)--cross paths with Ash-tahcii

PLEASE ALAN PLEASE DON'T TELL MANON YOU CAN'T BE WITH HER

Words cannot describe how much I love them ;_; I ship them, but shippings aside, I like them as travelling partners, too. So please let them travel together and have Alan be her mentor or something. After watching Act3, I could see how they really care about each other ;_;

Just so I understand this clearly, Mega Evolution Act IV will resolve the crisis involving Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre? So the final Mega Evolution special won't delve deeper into the in-game lore associated with Mega Evolution established in the XY games?

I don't like this direction at all. In the first special, we found out Alain went on his journey to discover where Mega Evolution comes from, but the story is only focusing on a very narrow instance of such in an isolated region (Mega Rayquaza and the Primal Reversions) as opposed to its true source (in Kalos). In other words, he is investigating an effect as opposed to the cause.

I understand that these specials are promoting ORAS (as opposed to XY), but story-wise it doesn't make sense. Alain already has the leads to explore the origins of Mega Evolution in Kalos from both Sycamore and Lysandre, but he went on a journey to discover Hoenn's Mega Evolution secrets instead. At best, it feels like the Primals and Mega Rayquaza were tacked on to Alain's story (established by the end of Act I), and the writers dragged Alain to focus his attention on them instead of the Megas in Kalos.

I didn't mind that Act III had focused on the Primals, but I am annoyed that we need a second act to cover this subject matter that had already been covered in Acts II and III when the anime could be exploring other subjects of Mega Evolution.

I am also disappointed that Mairin hasn't really developed over the course of these acts. We get that she wants to Mega Evolve her own Pokémon, but we don't even see her battling alongside those Pokémon, and aside from Chespie she doesn't even interact with them on screen. What was the point of Mairin catching a Flabebe in the middle of Act I, for instance? Considering that Mairin's story has largely been neglected over Acts II and III, hopefully the writers rectify that for Act IV. The story shouldn't solely be about Alain; she is on this journey too and she should get to learn as much from this experience as her companion does.

Maybe I wouldn't complain so much if this weren't the last Mega Evolution special. I really enjoyed the first one and the first 10 minutes of Act II, and I am really invested in the characters and storyline. I don't like that the Primals and Mega Rayquaza are taking a huge chunk of a mini-series that should focus on all known Mega Evolutions out there.

The only writer who has written these episodes is Tomioka Atsuhiro, the head writer of the main series. Even then his is not the only voice that commands the direction of the story. Yajima Tetsuo is series director, Yuyama Kunihiko is chief series director, and Asada Yuuji is the episode director for these specials. Then we have to add in any restrictions they might have on story possibilities, too.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Act IV will be the last Mega Evolution special. Unless XY ends this year I doubt there won't be another, later.

Just so I understand this clearly, Mega Evolution Act IV will resolve the crisis involving Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre? So the final Mega Evolution special won't delve deeper into the in-game lore associated with Mega Evolution established in the XY games?

Maybe I wouldn't complain so much if this weren't the last Mega Evolution special. I really enjoyed the first one and the first 10 minutes of Act II, and I am really invested in the characters and storyline. I don't like that the Primals and Mega Rayquaza are taking a huge chunk of a mini-series that should focus on all known Mega Evolutions out there.
They are already back in Kalos and the Primal stuff has already been resolved with Rayquaza intervening and Lysandre stealing the megalith successfully. The last act will most probably focus on Lysandre and his plans to do with Mega Evolution.

They are already back in Kalos and the Primal stuff has already been resolved with Rayquaza intervening and Lysandre stealing the megalith successfully. The last act will most probably focus on Lysandre and his plans to do with Mega Evolution.

Really? That's reassuring. I read on Serebii that Mega Evolution Act IV would focus on the Primals and Mega Rayquaza, and I didn't want that to happen.

Hopefully this special resolves Lysandre's storyline as well.

This is now a miniseries rather than a special.

And does Alain own any other Pokémon?

Are they finally going to confirm Lysandre was using Alain to get the Megalith/giant Key Stone for Team Flare, or is Alain meant to be Lysandre's apprentice in the art of leading Team Flare, and Ash and Professor Sycamore are the only ones who can bring him back to the good side of the law?

Ash vs. Alain will b the climactic finale of what the "Introduction and Setup of Team Flare(AKA The Strongest Mega Evolution)Saga" is leading into, calling it now.

This feels almost exactly like when we were waiting for Act 2: There are so many possibilities for how they could go about doing this. Oh, I can't wait for more information to come out!

The next generation could very well be released in early 2016 before there is time for another special.
That is not going to happen. The only thing that might be released in early 2016 is the final Generation VI game.

That is not going to happen. The only thing that might be released in early 2016 is the final Generation VI game.
Keep telling yourself that. You also said that only RS remakes could be released in 2013.

Regardless, the trailer implies that this will be the final act. There is no reason to disregard that just because it doesn't suit your predictions.

'Speeding toward a climax' doesn't necessarily etch it in stone, although it probably isn't impossible if Alan digs up proof of there being something fishy with the chief early in the episode.

'Speeding toward a climax' doesn't necessarily etch it in stone,
It strongly implies that, and they don't have a reason to be misleading in this case.

although it probably isn't impossible if Alan digs up proof of there being something fishy with the chief early in the episode.
The plot may be concluded in the regular series. It's also possible that this will be a two-parter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom