• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, mega zard x is kicking mega asses but it looks good. At least anime seems to care for elite four members by giving them mega's.

The Banette trainer is very interesting; if I am not mistaken he has hexagon patterns on his cloak, and he is the only known trainer to fight Alain outside in this special.

And for some reason the green blob Pokémon are surrounding Chespie with an aura.

Very vague hexagon patterns, are you mentioning that to have some sort of relation to Zygarde? I think that's a stretch... they are purple, and their looks to be a Banette design on the lower part of the cloak. Awesome eye though, didn't notice that until you said...

Sooo... Alain is actually going to battle a fair amount of the Mega Pokemon from the poster (Aggron and Pinsir haven't been shown yet though), we've got Malva and her Mega Houndoom, then Chespie seemingly trying to rescue these blob things? Hmm. Looking good though!

Malva being in the special is pretty awesome. I felt like her being involved with Team Flare was one of the biggest missed opportunities in X/Y, if not the biggest one, so I'm hoping that the anime does something with her character. An Elite 4 being involved with an evil team like Team Flare should be a big deal.

As a slightly off-topic note, I did not realize that Alain's Japanese voice actor is the same person who does Yuya's voice in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. I am surprised that I didn't realize this earlier.

Considering that this is the final act, how are they going to finish the whole flare plot plus Alain vs Lysandre in just one act considering all the battles that re taking place already in this act, unless they do finish of in the main XY anime like how people have speculated.

Considering that this is the final act, how are they going to finish the whole flare plot plus Alain vs Lysandre in just one act considering all the battles that re taking place already in this act, unless they do finish of in the main XY anime like how people have speculated.
Of course that's what's going to happen! They've never let a main team be destroyed by someone other than Satoshi!!

I am so excited for this & for the eventual crossover into the anime... These specials have certainly built up my hopes for what the main anime will do with the Flare guys, let's hope the epic-ness can be continued!

I am pretty sure the trailer also pretty much implies that the specials are setting up Alain and the Team Flare plot for the Anime itself.

On another note, Zyminions forming into a tree, that is a pretty huge implication. As I mentioned in the Gen 6 thread in the VG forums, that could well mean that they technically existed forever, and even in ORAS, with the sootopolis tree being one such thing. And it means the plot isgonna get insane from here on out.

For the first time in Kalos saga, Movies element will crossover with Specials.

Some parts I just wondered, the timeline more works like a prologue rather than a special. My theory states, Alain may will appear on the 19th movie due to the fact that the "blob" Pokemon debuts at both TVs and cinemas with connections between those two along with Mairin and TF.

The site lists Steven in the cast...is he really appearing again? Malva finally making an appearance is great news too.

Here is a translation of the information on the special, courtesy of Dephender.

The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~ will air this fall! What is this green, Pokémon-like thing that appeared in the trailer for next year's Pokémon movie!?

A special episode of the currently airing, popular anime "Pocket Monsters XY", titled "The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~", will air this fall! Incredibly, the green Pokémon-like thing that appeared in the trailer for next year's Pokémon movie has also been confirmed to appear! What kind of role will it play in the story? Play close attention to the upcoming information!

Story
Alain's journey in pursuit of becoming the strongest once again takes him to the Kalos region. Wanting to become even stronger, he bets his Mega Ring and Mega Stone on being able to defeat 10 Mega Evolution users in a row.
Alain throws himself into battle. Mairin is worried sick about Alain. And Manon's partner, Chespie the Chespin, meets a mysterious being. It all leads up to something seriously major... We've finally reached the final act of the story! Don't miss the shocking climax!!

Characters

"Alain"
A Trainer who travels around to "master Mega Evolution and stand on the top as the strongest". Although he studied Mega Evolution with Professor Sycamore once, he... His partner Charizard can mega evolve into Mega Lizardon X.

"Mairin"
A new Trainer just starting her journey. She refers to her partner Chespin as "Chespie", and always asks it for help. She travels together with Alain out of a desire to to one day mega evolve herself.

"Steven Stone"
The Champion of the Houen Region. He spends his time researching the roots of Mega Evolution. His partner is a Shiny Metagross, and he has an amazing battle with Alain, using his mega evolved Mega Metagross against Alain's Mega Charizard X.

"Lysandre"
A celebrity in the Kalos Region working for Lysandre Labs. He gave Alain his Mega Ring and Mega Stone and told him to become stronger if he wanted to protect the people important to him. It appears he's conducting research on Mega Evolution energy and the Kalos Region's legends, but......?

"Malva"
A member of the Kalos Region's Elite Four, her partner is a Houndoom. She and her mega evolved Mega Houndoom stand blocking Alain and Mega Charizard X's way. She has the appearance of a news anchor, but is also apparently on friendly terms with Lysandre!

Voice Cast
Alain: Kensho Ono
Mairin: Mikako Komatsu
Steven Stone: Kenichi Suzumura
Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida

Staff
Executive Director: Kunihiko Yuyama
Director: Tetsuo Yajima
Series Construction: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Character Design: Toshihito Hirooka
Executive Animation Director: Toshihito Hirooka
Art Director: Katsuyoshi Kanemura
Color Keys: Noriyuki Yoshino
Director of Photography: Tairin Suzuki
Editor: Toshio Henmi
Music: Shinji Miyazaki
Sound Recording Director: Masafumi Mima

Last edited:
On another note, Zyminions forming into a tree, that is a pretty huge implication. As I mentioned in the Gen 6 thread in the VG forums, that could well mean that they technically existed forever, and even in ORAS, with the sootopolis tree being one such thing. And it means the plot isgonna get insane from here on out.

They are sitting under a tree, and then it looks like they somehow merge into something yes, but I don't think they FORM the tree themselves, as it was already there. I think this is possibly taking us back to the routes of XY's focus with the Norse mythology, and the Yggdrasil (the tree).

THIS is also very interesting regarding the Yggdrasil and Norse mythology, taken from Wikipedia: "Yggdrasil is an immense ash tree that is central and considered very holy. The gods go to Yggdrasil daily to assemble at their things. The branches of Yggdrasil extend far into the heavens, and the tree is supported by three roots that extend far away into other locations"

I may be reading past the info we've got, but it does go to show that they could deepen the connections ect with stuff like that.

The (Team Flare) plot thickens...

All we need is a Drasna appearance and XY will be the 2nd Saga to have all of a region's Elite 4 show up! :-D

Though I gotta say, I was hoping Mega-Banette meant a (long overdue) Phoebe appearance. Oh well.

What's more disappointing is that it looks like most of the Megas will just make quick cameos to be owned by Charizard X...

though I'm guessing Alan loses, forcing him to give up his Mega Ring and Stone, which puts him on a collision course with Ash-tachii...

Last edited:
*sees episode summary*
No... No. No. No. No. No. No. NO! Alain, you idiot, you freaking idiot! Why on Earth would you EVER bet the one thing that is the physical proof of your bond with your pokemon? Just why?! Then again, I shouldn't be completely surprised that you would make such a decision as it's clear you've been off your rocker since the end of Act 3. But regardless, I hope Mairin comes to knock some sense into you before you lose everything in this ridiculous gamble, or worse, lose yourself in your own mad lust for power.

(Heh, sorry for being dramatic, I'm just too hyped for this episode. Especially for Malva and the reveal of the new Pokemon)

Nice to see that these specials returned to what they always should have been: Mindless Megaevolution showcase. The Mairin subplot will be interesting to see. I'm also glad that we might get some background for Lysandre and Malva. Overall it's a weird plot choice for a final episode but we can let it slip as long as the TF part it's continued on the main anime.

The "anime references the movie" part was already done with Movie 16, I think this time something similar will happen.

"Alain throws him into battle."

Wait, so Alain's Charizard is male then?

And at least it confirms Malva is the Mega Houndoom's trainer. Considering his track record against another E4 member, I have a feeling that Alain's winning streak will end with that Houndoom.

Another note. It's nice that this special has plenty of battles (that's actually what I liked about Act I), but I am concerned that this will be a 20-minute special like all of the previous ones which could mean that the battles resolve very quickly. Alain is supposed to fight six Mega Pokemon, and we have the whole Zygarde/green blob subplot too. It's a lot to cover in 20 minutes.

Another note. It's nice that this special has plenty of battles (that's actually what I liked about Act I), but I am concerned that this will be a 20-minute special like all of the previous ones which could mean that the battles resolve very quickly. Alain is supposed to fight six Mega Pokemon, and we have the whole Zygarde/green blob subplot too. It's a lot to cover in 20 minutes.

I'm afraid most of the battles will be rushed as *bleep* (though as (overly)powerful as Megas are, one would kind of expect them to be over fairly quickly) while Zygarde & blob things subplot will be left dangling to be resolved in the Show proper or even the next Movie. Could even be a plot point from the 3rd Version/Sequel Games for all we know.

Last edited:
"Alain throws him into battle."

Wait, so Alain's Charizard is male then?

And at least it confirms Malva is the Mega Houndoom's trainer. Considering his track record against another E4 member, I have a feeling that Alain's winning streak will end with that Houndoom.

It turns out that the translator meant himself, not him, so I don't think Alain's Charizard's gender has been confirmed yet. Also, I wish people had more support for Alain when it comes to his battle against Malva. He could end up defeating her or at least the battle could end in a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom