• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review XYS05: The Legend of XYZ!

Something about magnets
Reaction score
Does the episode say how far back in the past the "legend" took place? (Spans quite a while, judging by the aging of the male.)

Also, someone who looks like an ancestor or maybe even a past life of Olympia.

It seems to me like they want to continue this particular arc into the SM series, but first impressions of that are leaving me apprehensive.

Reaction score
Well that was a good episode. Nice to see some stuff resolved here and there. I noticed one of the characters looks an awful lot like Olympia. And they did manage to get the legendries in so that's all fine n dandy. Bit annoyed they aired it early though, I thought they were gonna air it at the usual time but I guess not. And also odd they chose Pikachu as the title card, they should have done a new one. Oh yeah, was that girl with the Dedenne from a time skip or not?

-- Actually wait never mind, that scene with the girl took place around the same time so it's not a timeskip.--

Reaction score
Nice episode, but man does that archer guy with a skiddo and talonflame have bad aim or what? How the heck do you miss a target that big?

Sand Demon
Reaction score
That turned out to be a below average episode to be honest. I was surprised to see Olympia's ancestor or w/e in this though xD
Hoping the next special will be good, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Reaction score
Actually now i know why I didn't see the special. Clocks went back didn't they? Darn it, can't see new eps at the time they air now.

Life and Soul
Reaction score
So the writers just had to shoehorn a Bonnie clone in there... anyway that was neat I guess

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
It was kinda nice to see characters that resembled characters like Bonnie and Olympia, but this episode just didn't interest me that much.

Reaction score
It is an odd episode, but I suppose we do complain enough about too much Ash.

This is what that complaint gets us

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
The episode would have been better if some old previous character (Like Gary, Cynthia or some other random character interested in legends) had someone gotten involved in the storyline for this side story. Aside from Steven Stone (who isn't exactly recognized as being the same Steven from the AG series), this entire series has been completely cut off from all previous generations in terms of storyline continuity and involvement. I think that's the only thing that makes me bitter.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
What OP/ED was used for this? It was bloody weird seeing the XY Satoshi/Pikachu next-time-on-Pokemon intro thing for the next episode's preview.

Reaction score
What OP/ED was used for this? It was bloody weird seeing the XY Satoshi/Pikachu next-time-on-Pokemon intro thing for the next episode's preview.
It was XY&Z / Puni-chan's song.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
This was alright considering Ash is not in this but it still didn't remove the sour taste in my mouth of what the main anime gave me. 3/10.

Reaction score
Would have much rather have seen Ash's battle with Astrid....

No need to dub this...

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
Yeah...usually, I'm all for the Anime being more serious & dramatic than usual here and there...but not when it's in so...pointless.

Why have all this Shakespearean scope and tragedy if it's all for nothing? :confused:
(that's what the Movies are for)

See, this is the kind of thing that has SM going back to the silly.

Not Dead
Reaction score
So what does this episode teach us about the XYZ trio?

Reaction score
That almost felt more like Zelda than Pokemon.

Really hard to judge the ep without knowing what they're saying but it seemed like it could have been a 2 parter easily.

Utsukushī sakura o mite
Reaction score
Just watched the episode and to say, it was fairly good one, especially that curious little Helioptile in it. However, I still wish to ask... How come Xerneas's Geomancy fail to revive Aira but another Xerneas using the same move successfully restore Pikachu and the others in M17?

Also, apparently Jan feels heartbroken about Aira turning to stone but does not feel a thing about his own Talonflame being petrified by Oblivion Wing as well! I mean, he did not even bother looking for his Talonflame to be put alongside Aira's statue after his tragedy...