• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XYS05: The Legend of XYZ!

How come Xerneas's Geomancy fail to revive Aira but another Xerneas using the same move successfully restore Pikachu and the others in M17?

I'm guessing the movie Xerneas used a stronger version since it had to revert to tree form afterwards.

A shame that Xerneas and Yveltal didn't really appear in the main series. Then again, it wouldn't have made a difference since the whole Kalos saga sank.

Just watched the episode and to say, it was fairly good one, especially that curious little Helioptile in it. However, I still wish to ask... How come Xerneas's Geomancy fail to revive Aira but another Xerneas using the same move successfully restore Pikachu and the others in M17?

Also, apparently Jan feels heartbroken about Aira turning to stone but does not feel a thing about his own Talonflame being petrified by Oblivion Wing as well! I mean, he did not even bother looking for his Talonflame to be put alongside Aira's statue after his tragedy...
Maybe it is because she was turned for too long, and she has physically aged just like her lover, and even passed away.

Maybe it is because she was turned for too long, and she has physically aged just like her lover, and even passed away.
I think it's more like that it has been too long and there's nothing that Xerneas could do to save the girl.

No. Alan doesn't deserve to. He proves to be better than Ash and I rather he be the main character of Kalos since Ash failed that region greatly.

You do realize that's a joke? Besides, Alain couldn't save the Kalos Region without freezing up with guilt and shame. :p

Regardless, I am glad that Yveltal's status as the Pokémon of Death is not played down here. Though the girl is not dead in a natural sense, the fact that she couldn't be revived and her lover grows old beside her really does highlight the weight of Yveltal's power and the tragedy that cannot be undone.

I love the explanation on the legend trio's connection. Yvetal destroys lands, make them more fertile, then Xerneas gives lives to the lands, resulting in a better environment since the fertility give the lands better growth rates. Once the cycles interrupted, Zygarde returns the order back to the way it was.

I love the explanation on the legend trio's connection. Yvetal destroys lands, make them more fertile, then Xerneas gives lives to the lands, resulting in a better environment since the fertility give the lands better growth rates. Once the cycles interrupted, Zygarde returns the order back to the way it was.

Is it really fertility, the land didn't look so fertile after oblivion wing. For me, it looked more like Yveltal consumes life energy like food. But this is my main problem with this Duo, and especially Yveltal- I can't fully understand its motives to kill. I think it would be much better as a talking pokemon. Other than that great episode.

Just found the English sub of this finally and watched it.

So, what I understand of the prophecy is that Yveltal is just - what - flying around until it gets so tired that it's 'waking' life comes to an end? And whoever the unlucky souls are who are living "on this land" in the area where it turns into a cocoon, welp, your stuff is going to get destroyed. That's..... kinda weird. *shrugs*
And then I guess Xerneas has to wake up and heal everything and set it back to rights. Xerneas, I think you got the short end of the stick, there.
Points to Zygarde for bringing the pain to those idiots who were trying to burn poor Xerneas.

I feel horrible for poor Jan. But, I applaud him, as well, for having the foresight to think that he should record everything that transpired so future generations would know the story.

I thought it was a pretty nice episode, all things considered.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom