• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XYS05: The Legend of XYZ!

Does the episode say how far back in the past the "legend" took place? (Spans quite a while, judging by the aging of the male.)

Also, someone who looks like an ancestor or maybe even a past life of Olympia.

It seems to me like they want to continue this particular arc into the SM series, but first impressions of that are leaving me apprehensive.

Well that was a good episode. Nice to see some stuff resolved here and there. I noticed one of the characters looks an awful lot like Olympia. And they did manage to get the legendries in so that's all fine n dandy. Bit annoyed they aired it early though, I thought they were gonna air it at the usual time but I guess not. And also odd they chose Pikachu as the title card, they should have done a new one. Oh yeah, was that girl with the Dedenne from a time skip or not?

-- Actually wait never mind, that scene with the girl took place around the same time so it's not a timeskip.--

Nice episode, but man does that archer guy with a skiddo and talonflame have bad aim or what? How the heck do you miss a target that big?

That turned out to be a below average episode to be honest. I was surprised to see Olympia's ancestor or w/e in this though xD
Hoping the next special will be good, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Actually now i know why I didn't see the special. Clocks went back didn't they? Darn it, can't see new eps at the time they air now.

So the writers just had to shoehorn a Bonnie clone in there... anyway that was neat I guess

It is an odd episode, but I suppose we do complain enough about too much Ash.

This is what that complaint gets us

The episode would have been better if some old previous character (Like Gary, Cynthia or some other random character interested in legends) had someone gotten involved in the storyline for this side story. Aside from Steven Stone (who isn't exactly recognized as being the same Steven from the AG series), this entire series has been completely cut off from all previous generations in terms of storyline continuity and involvement. I think that's the only thing that makes me bitter.

What OP/ED was used for this? It was bloody weird seeing the XY Satoshi/Pikachu next-time-on-Pokemon intro thing for the next episode's preview.

What OP/ED was used for this? It was bloody weird seeing the XY Satoshi/Pikachu next-time-on-Pokemon intro thing for the next episode's preview.

It was XY&Z / Puni-chan's song.

This was alright considering Ash is not in this but it still didn't remove the sour taste in my mouth of what the main anime gave me. 3/10.

Would have much rather have seen Ash's battle with Astrid....

No need to dub this...

Yeah...usually, I'm all for the Anime being more serious & dramatic than usual here and there...but not when it's in so...pointless.

Why have all this Shakespearean scope and tragedy if it's all for nothing? :confused:
(that's what the Movies are for)

See, this is the kind of thing that has SM going back to the silly.

That almost felt more like Zelda than Pokemon.

Really hard to judge the ep without knowing what they're saying but it seemed like it could have been a 2 parter easily.

Just watched the episode and to say, it was fairly good one, especially that curious little Helioptile in it. However, I still wish to ask... How come Xerneas's Geomancy fail to revive Aira but another Xerneas using the same move successfully restore Pikachu and the others in M17?

Also, apparently Jan feels heartbroken about Aira turning to stone but does not feel a thing about his own Talonflame being petrified by Oblivion Wing as well! I mean, he did not even bother looking for his Talonflame to be put alongside Aira's statue after his tragedy...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom