• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS06: The Strongest Duo! Citron and Dent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the Clawitzer or Eelektross belong to Cilan? You'd think that after all this time traveling, he'd get a new Pokémon. They could also belong to other competitors in the fishing tournament or other background characters I guess but we'll see.

And Ash being here also intrigues me. Hopefully, it's a flashback of sorts through which Cilan, Clemont and Bonnie learn he's a mutual friend. If not, it could indeed be setting up Ash leaving for Alola, although that'd be kinda weird in a special focused on Cilan and Clemont.

I want to say its likely that he could have caught something new. We don't know for sure though if those could be Cilan's or competitor's Pokemon. As for Ash, I'm not sure what role he'll play, whether he'll just appear in a flashback or we'll actually see him setting off for the Alola Region.

Also, I wonder how my son Chespin will deal with Cilan and his Pokemon.

I want to say its likely that he could have caught something new. We don't know for sure though if those could be Cilan's or competitor's Pokemon. As for Ash, I'm not sure what role he'll play, whether he'll just appear in a flashback or we'll actually see him setting off for the Alola Region.

Also, I wonder how my son Chespin will deal with Cilan and his Pokemon.

I just assumed that Clawitzer and Eelektross were Pokémon that are a part of the Pokémon that the competitors have to fish for, but I guess one or both of them could be Cilan's.

Also, I hope that Chespin and Pansage interact with each other.

With Ash and Pikachu now in the cast list chances are it's either scenes of them getting ready for Alola or it'll be the usual flashback scene.

What a stupid idea to bring Cilan to Kalos. Do the writers remember one of the main characters from the next series is also a fisher(Lana)? and we already have Misty. Unless this is Tsuritama there is nothing more boring than fishing.

I just assumed that Clawitzer and Eelektross were Pokémon that are a part of the Pokémon that the competitors have to fish for, but I guess one or both of them could be Cilan's.

Eelektross for Clemont and Clawitzer for Cilan

s he had to go to Johto and compete in Mr. Briney's fishing tournament.

iirc the fishing tournament was still on Hoenn but he went to Johto because reasons...

Last edited:

Gonna have to wait and find out!

And I want them too also. That will be cute.

I'm disappointed we won't get to see a special with Serena, considering all the potential there, but this should be fun to watch at least

She'll most likely get a special focused on her somewhere down the road. Just because it isn't the first one doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. I'd be pretty shocked if she doesn't get at least a special when Serena seemed to be a pretty well received character.

I had a feeling that Cilan will meet Citron and to tell the truth the both have the same name
I really happy to see Cilan again, however, this make me feel that Iris will back which I don't want
Cilan I am happy to see you again because I really like cilan character

You mean since Kalos was so good that this would seem less exciting? I agree, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy this.
No, Kalos in anime sucked. Stop putting words in my mouth or don't reply. This special won't make up for what happened.

Satoshi being in this makes me 1000000000000000x intrigued. Either flashback because realising they're mutual friends or Satoshi heading to Alola scenes would be welcome in my book.
It kinda gives me hope of Cilan, Clemont, and Bonnie acknowledging the fact that they were all friends with Ash and traveled with him.

Ash appearing is most likely be a flash back while Clemont, Bonnie, and Cilan talk about being friends to Ash.

What value would something like that have though? It would give Iris a cameo appearance, but it wouldn't really accomplish much. She wouldn't have any kind of progression or insight into her goal, she wouldn't interact with Serena and she'd just be there for the shake of a tradition. It would be virtually meaningless and not really appealing for fans of her character either. Going to Hoenn to learn more about Rayquaza makes more sense than going to Kalos for that same reason, but much like the theories about how Iris could end up in Kalos, it sounds more like something she could do on her own than something to bring her and Serena together. Serena wouldn't be able to help with something like that and I don't see how their two goals could collide either.
Hm, perhaps Serena's special could have her doing a contest (after some time has past) where it gets suddenly get interrupted by the antagonist of the day and Iris, being in Hoenn for the same reason Cillan is in Kalos (for the reasonz) hears about it/sees it happening then decides to help out. They team up and yada yada yada.

Jeez. I honestly don't see how it could happen, them two girls being together. I really doesn't fit with Iris at all, and if they do decide to shelf the contest thing by making Serena show the viewers how much ribbons she had gotten so far (and about a minute of talking about it) for the sake of putting Iris into a situation that would fit her with Serena, that wouldn't appeal well to the fans...

These specials are for an hour right? I hope they can manage somehow.

I was never a big fan of Cilan but I always like it when old characters come back.

I'm hoping that unlike Cilan and Brock, Cilan, Bonnie and Clemont will learn they have a mutual friend

Same. I thought the whole "Brock and Cilan know nothing of each other" thing was unconvincing. It'd be especially dumb now after the XYZ finale made a point of the characters keeping in contact.

Hm, perhaps Serena's special could have her doing a contest (after some time has past) where it gets suddenly get interrupted by the antagonist of the day and Iris, being in Hoenn for the same reason Cillan is in Kalos (for the reasonz) hears about it/sees it happening then decides to help out. They team up and yada yada yada.

Jeez. I honestly don't see how it could happen, them two girls being together. I really doesn't fit with Iris at all, and if they do decide to shelf the contest thing by making Serena show the viewers how much ribbons she had gotten so far (and about a minute of talking about it) for the sake of putting Iris into a situation that would fit her with Serena, that wouldn't appeal well to the fans...

These specials are for an hour right? I hope they can manage somehow.

That still sound like a forced reason to bring Iris and Serena together. Not to mention I'd be pretty disappointing if we couldn't see a Contest again just because the writers want to force in a team up. That's really the main bright side of Serena suddenly going for Contests in my opinion. Plus, I don't know if I could see Iris just randomly being in Hoenn. I can believe that Cilan would randomly appear in Kalos since he's more interested in traveling than advancing in his goal. Even his reasoning for leaving at the end of BW was just going to a fishing contest rather than anything to do with his goal. As poorly handled as I think Iris was, at least her departure was connected back to her goal. There are legendary Dragon Pokemon in Hoenn, but there are legendary Dragon Pokemon in a ton of other regions. With that reasoning, she could just as easily go to Sinnoh instead. It may not be impossible, but I think that the idea of Serena and Iris teaming up together is pretty unlikely. I don't see how they'd connect, why Iris would be in Hoenn or how it would really benefit each character to meet with each other.

Preview
- Bonnie pulls a Clawitzer from out of a body of water as Clemont and Cilan watch.
- Bonnie is on a train as it speeds off.
- Cilan's Pansage uses Vine Whip while on the train tracks.
- An Eelektross is inside the train with body as the train is stationary and then climbs on top of the train.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBWV4RXHJ4

Well judging from the preview it looks like it's gonna be a train bonanza now that Cilan's with Bonnie and Clemont for a bit. Animation looks kinda off in some places though. I wonder if Serena's getting a special since we haven't heard anything about her yet. I'm also sure they could do one for Alain and Mairin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom