• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS06: The Strongest Duo! Citron and Dent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode looks disappointing to be honest and I'm thinking bringing Cilan back wasn't the best idea.

I always felt like the special episodes were a huge wasted potential and this will be the same. The episode looks like is made for Cilan to fit so they made it about his hobbies instead of making it about Clemont and Bonnie. It's not even about his goal which clearly the writers gave up a long time ago. The episode will probably have Cilan being spastic about trains and a Clemon/Bonnie moment which we have already seen several times.

I'm just sad. We could had an episode about Clemont remembering his mother or getting a new Pokemon,Chespin evolving,etc. I wish we had an Alan/Manon or Serena episode instead because at least one of them would capture or evolve a Pokemon.

This episode looks disappointing to be honest and I'm thinking bringing Cilan back wasn't the best idea.

I always felt like the special episodes were a huge wasted potential and this will be the same. The episode looks like is made for Cilan to fit so they made it about his hobbies instead of making it about Clemont and Bonnie. It's not even about his goal which clearly the writers gave up a long time ago. The episode will probably have Cilan being spastic about trains and a Clemon/Bonnie moment which we have already seen several times.

I'm just sad. We could had an episode about Clemont remembering his mother or getting a new Pokemon,Chespin evolving,etc. I wish we had an Alan/Manon or Serena episode instead because at least one of them would capture or evolve a Pokemon.
I'd certainly love an Alain special, would be nice to see what he's been doing after Ash left. Hopefully a Serena special is down the road because if she doesn't get one, it will be incredibly odd.

Clawitzer appears to be a Pokémon fishable during the competition, and Eelektross seems to be the cause of the train that Bonnie's on to suddenly move. So chances that Cilan has a new Pokémon are sadly pretty slim, unless he catches one of these two, but I don't see that happening really. Not that any new Pokémon Cilan would have would have any time to develop in just one episode, but having new Pokémon would be a reflection of his journey and any possible progress he's made. Especially if he had any Water-types, since y'know, he seems to be focusing on fishing right now.

Cilan's dubbed interpretation of his character annoyed me to tears, but I am happy that there is SOME involvement between generations in this regard.

She'll most likely get a special focused on her somewhere down the road. Just because it isn't the first one doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. I'd be pretty shocked if she doesn't get at least a special when Serena seemed to be a pretty well received character.

Agreed.

One never knows, do one?

Heck, her having misadventures in Hoenn--preferably with Gen 3/AG characters--practically writes itself!
Shoot, they could make, like, 3 or 4 episodes with that kind of material.

So, last one before SM anime? I probably still won't enjoy this episode much. The main Kalos saga is still a sour reminder of how bad it was in my opinion.

She'll most likely get a special focused on her somewhere down the road. Just because it isn't the first one doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. I'd be pretty shocked if she doesn't get at least a special when Serena seemed to be a pretty well received character.

I sure hope you are right, man......

Eelektross is pretty good consider Ground can't touch it due to Levitate. Companions can catch pokemon in specials so it is possible.

Let me guess: In 3 years there will be a special about Sophocles and Clemont admiring each other's work.
Well that would be a good thing (to me at least), because that would be nice to see, considering they have a shared interest in something.

If Iris could catch a Gible, Clemont could catch the Eelektross. Maybe Bonnie might want Clemont to catch it for her. I mean, she did find a Slaking cute, so she could find the Eelektross cute.

So cycle of disconnection from past and no ties to past characters, sagas XY was known for, but BW on good part too(minus few exceptions) has been finally break?
Well, not quite since main anime still ignores continuity completely(for most part). But its nice to see at least through side stories Ash traveling companions getting to meet each other, be involved in some action which would have them bond with each other and if lucky advance their own stories.

Im glad that Cilan will be showed once again emerging briefly from claws of oblivion. Especially when he was one of more entertaining and unique characters(to certain degree) that sparked my interest with his vibrant, flamboyant character and lot of hobbies he was interested in. Adding refreshing note to his character.

And of course Clemont and Bonnie with their sibling dynamic and various spats and peculiar dramatic scenes her child curiosity and innocent behavior tends to get her into. Bonnie was done great as character adding lot of life, humor and upbeat energy with her actions, so i have no doubts she would contribute to this special as well with her presence.

Alhough plot doesn't seem especially enticing, at least not on first glance. Considering how whole Bonnie finding herself in trouble, now in subway has been used quite a fait number of times. But at least this concept provides opportunity for Cilan to demonstrate his connoisseur skills and knowledge in finding way out of dangerous situations So im looking forward to it, Expecting some interesting dynamic and decent action scenes.

If anything Cilan now met both Brock and Clemont. Two of major secondary male traveling companions from Ash. And that's pretty cool, though in this case i do hope Ash will be brought up in conversation knowing all three they are his friends. Being like link which brought them ti each other.

However this special alone doesn't solve glaring issue of pokemon doing in general terrible job when it comes to continuity and remembering past triumphs and main characters. Seeming like once they leave Ash they get erased from existence unfinished and abandoned.

So hopefully this isn't a one time thing, with more of them being made down the line.

Such as getting to see Serena and Iris again. Or how about other past characters like Misty(she had so much unanswered things and potential never to be used) ?

But somehow i doubt anyone older from BW anime will be ever seen again.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom