• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS06: The Strongest Duo! Citron and Dent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokepal_123

Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/SDr6ZaR.jpg

"While participating in a fishing tournament in Lumiose City, Clemont and Bonnie meet the traveling Pokémon Sommelier Cilan. Cilan tells them he'd like to go to the Prism Tower so Clemont and Bonnie decide to guide him. At Cilan's suggestion, they attempt to travel via the subway, but while down there, an unmanned test vehicle Bonnie boarded ends up starting to move."
Translations thanks to Dephender
Cilan is returning peeps!!:D

What do you know, there is continuity after all. And ironically, it's Cilan who gets the Pokégirl treatment (or did he start a male companion special trend?).

I wonder if he would ever know of Ash's big accomplishment here?

I was expecting Serena's special instead though. Maybe she will get it later. Cilan will now meet clemont. That means, Cilan has met all the major traveling male companions. Orange islands was a minor arc, hence Tracy is a minor companion. I really want a Serena special. I hope we do get one.
Edit: Iris's special aired 5 months later after Cilan got his special. So, there is a chance we will get to see Serena's first contest!

So Cilan is basically a fisherman now? I'll give the writers props for consistency, after all he did leave Kanto two seconds after his arrival as he had to go to Johto and compete in Mr. Briney's fishing tournament.

Writers did nothing with his Pokémon Connoisseur goal during the entire Best Wishes series, it's unreal to expect they would do something with it now, but I would prefer if Cilan had arrived in Kalos to be a judge at a Pokémon Showcase. Santo from the Dendemille Showcase was a Connoisseur, right? Not that I wanted to see another awful Showcase, but they could mention that he came to Kalos for this reason rather than to participate in a random fishing competition.

I find Cilan to be an annoying character, so I'm not thrilled to be seeing him again. Just glad old companions aren't dead.

I smiled as soon as I saw this title. I really liked Cilan and he was one of the reasons I kept watching BW. And I like Clemont a great deal too as the only companion in XY I liked, so count me really excited for this. The only thing I'm hoping is that they will come to know about their mutual friendship with Ash, so not like what happened in the Cilan special last time. Though I have a feeling that's not going to happen, so I guess I'm just going to enjoy their interactions.

Would it be too much to ask that this special episode gets dubbed, would love to see Cilan again

I seriously doubt it. Dent and Iris's specials weren't dubbed, and I imagine TPCi will be keen to get straight onto the Sun and Moon series especially since they're already a few weeks behind.

Would it be too much to ask that this special episode gets dubbed, would love to see Cilan again

The past special episodes with Iris and Cilan weren't dubbed, so maybe this one won't.

I seriously doubt it. Dent and Iris's specials weren't dubbed, and I imagine TPCi will be keen to get straight onto the Sun and Moon series especially since they're already a few weeks behind.
The special that Dawn appeared in also isn't dubbed.

Well being a BW fan myself, I'm definitely happy with this. Even more so that that went with Cilan instead of Iris since, let's face it, Cilan got the short end of the stick for the majority.

Unfortunately, I don't see this being dubbed like the previous shorts for Dawn, Brock, Iris, and Cilan but I am definitely going to watch this subtitled.

He's gonna show Clemont how real male companion does things!

No really, he's going to teach him how to actually DO something.

He's gonna show Clemont how real male companion does things!

No really, he's going to teach him how to actually DO something.

I don't get it why do people think Clemont didn't do anything while it was actually Brock who didn't do anything. Clemont made inventions which were used by the gang in most of the episodes. Without him, they wouldn't have been able to many things that they did throughout their journey.

I don't get it why do people think Clemont didn't do anything while it was actually Brock who didn't do anything. Clemont made inventions which were used by the gang in most of the episodes. Without him, they wouldn't have been able to many things that they did throughout their journey.

I don't know...it got to where he didn't make as many inventions as he used to.

Plus, considering how many of blew up for a running gag instead actually serving their stated purposes, I have to question his usefulness there.

I hope Cilan asks about all the death and destruction Kalos went through, or say something to acknowledge that he heard about the Team Flare incident. I know the world gets fucked over all the time, but that should still have been big news to the rest of the world. At the very least, have him learn about it in the episode.

I missed Cilan, so I can't wait to see him. I'm kind of surprised they're still going with the fishing angle, though, since his Connoisseur role would be perfect for a region like Kalos. But the anime's been making really weird, unexpected decisions when it comes to characters, so whatever. I just hope Cilan takes Clemont and Bonnie with him back to Johto, just to continue the weirdly consistent and hilarious theme of characters going there to die.

I wonder which animation style they'll use here...

I wonder which animation style they'll use here...
They used BW art style for Cilan and Iris's special so maybe they will be using the XY artwork over here. In the coro coro image, it doesn't look like it is SM's artwork tho. And I think they won't redraw clemont just for one episode.

Well, just noticed that 'the strongest duo' in the title. Does it mean there will be a tag battle? I don't see how they can are the strongest duo if there isn't any tag battle. And I would call them the strongest if they defeat Diantha + Alain(with the mega stone) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom