• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yahtzee reviews Pokemon White

no, i hate it how he expects every game to be completely different from anything else.
He bashes sequels because he expects every game to turn the series on it's head, while it is my philosophy, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I love his revewies, but i just disagree with him on that point.

It's fine that you disagree with him I just find it odd that you say you hate that aspect of his reviews. I completely understand where he's coming with that though so maybe I'm just confused because in most cases playing pretty much the same exact game over and over DOES get boring. If Pokemon weren't as addictive as it is and I didn't find the subtle changes (as in ones people who don't play regularly probably don't notice) so nice, I'd probably have been bored of it a long time ago.

People don't seem to understand that all of it was done for the sake of humour. Don't take everything so seriously guys.

But yeah, i loved that last line about jigsaw puzzles not adding 200 newer pieces every 2 years or so.

^Agreed

The Escapist pays him to rip on video games. Pretty much all of his reviews are negative because positive ones aren't funny.

Yahtzee himself has said that he's more of a QA man and that anything he doesn't mention in his review is a good part of the game.

^^This is true, as if anybody still needs me to repeat it.

His reviews are for pure humour, he points out the flaws of games no matter how significant and let's face it, ALL games have flaws.

This was a great 'review' as usual. I hardly laugh at them, though not because they aren't funny, but because usually I'm too busy trying to concentrate on what he says in his accent that laughing usually comes as an afterthought. Most of the things he says are well-thought out and witty, though :).

Anyways, thanks for sharing this Ryuutakeshi. I probably would've never gotten around to it. My visits are as infrequent as mine to SUPER EFFECTIVE..

Going to go check out what other games he's shredded up recently :D.

PS: Pokemon White > Pokemon Black

Man, that was a hilarious review!

I've been meaning to watch some of these reviews before.

Sometimes, one of my brothers friends watches these reviews when he comes over. And from what I hear from them, they've gotten a few chuckles out of me.

While I get his sense of humor and what he's attempting, I rarely find him entertaining. His aggressive, hate all games attitude is for laughs as much as it is for instigating flames, and while he may have valid points, all that's lost when you feel like you're watching the same thing at each review.

Now that's what he's going for, but it failed to strike a cord with me. Maybe had I seen this review before his others I would have gained a good laugh, unfortunately I didn't, and he's a fad that I've outgrown.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom