• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yaoi and Yuri

Which do you prefer?

• Yaoi

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • Yuri

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Both

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • None

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Leeney*

Eeny Leeney Miny Mo!
Reaction score
Which is better for you? Yaoi or Yuri. I like both but I do tend to look at more Yuri than Yaoi.

I prefer yaoi but have no problems with yuri, even though I'm straight. I avoid explicit stuff in both cases, though. Then again, I always avoid explicit stuff.

I lean towards Yuri, though OriginalShipping is hot xD

I like yoai since im oppotsite sex of male.

I dont rlly like yuri that much rlly and Yoai have hot smexy anime boys :3.

I really like Yuri :D. Cant tell you why, but i do XD

I can't stand either, especially when great characters' personalities are ruined when portrayed in such ways. Whenever I see a yaoi/yuri picture of two of my favorite characters from an anime/manga series, I seriously just want to punch the artist in the face. Of course, I would also argue that the artist doesn't understand the characters very well if they decided to protray them in such a manner, unless it they were from a piece of media like Gravitation. ^_^

And this would my my two, or rather "three", cents on the whole Yaoi/Yuri scene. Sorry if I sounded harsh. ^_^;;

I vastly prefer Yuri, mostly because yuri manga is more commonly sweet and cute. Kashimashi, The Last Uniform, Maria-sama ga Miteru, and Strawberry Panic are great series and I highly recommend them as long as your fine with yuri (though it's not like theirs girl on girl action or whatever in most of those... just massive blushing and kissing...)

I don't really care to ship two girls together unless there's some form of hint, and that really doesn't come along often. However, Aqua/Aria is perfect yuri bait. のヮの It has all the ingredients to be a yuri manga but without the actual yuri! xD

I really dislike how people seem to assume because I'm a girl I HAVE to like yaoi. I don't and I really hate getting lumped in with that sort of group just because I'm a girl and like anime/manga. :/

Both it's all hawt.

I prefer Yaoi fiction and nonexplicit Origin and Pallet.

Yuri is all of it ... definatly the dirty dirty stuff too :p

I like both of them. I don't really have a preference for one or the other.

I seriously just want to punch the artist in the face. Of course, I would also argue that the artist doesn't understand the characters very well if they decided to protray them in such a manner...
I wouldn't go as far as that. It's as if you're saying that all yaoi/yuri artists are sex-crazed and don't have the capacity to understand a character's depth. I believe wholeheartedly that there are many kinds of love, not just the explicit kind, but at the same time I like to see certain characters together just because it feels good. Doesn't mean it should be taken seriously - it's just an artist's imagination taking form.

Sorry if you're taking this the wrong way, I respect your opinion 100%. Just felt like getting into debate mode... xD

Whenever I see a yaoi/yuri picture of two of my favorite characters from an anime/manga series, I seriously just want to punch the artist in the face. Of course, I would also argue that the artist doesn't understand the characters very well if they decided to protray them in such a manner, unless it they were from a piece of media like Gravitation. ^_^

um o_o you do know there is such a thing as wishful thinking, right? and hypothesizing, and subtext? does anybody really deserve to be punched in the face for indulging in those things?

anyway...i much prefer the dudes, but yuri is fine with me, too.

My manga and doujin collection vastly points to "hound for the man love".

But on that note, I like yuri at my own pace. I won't go looking for it when I'm looking for fics or pics, but if it happens to be there, that's cool (and if it's one of the yuri couples I adore, bonus points). But I'm not gonna turn on my heel in case it my ruin my boi-ghei (well, unless it's a couple I'm in dispute over).

I can't stand either, especially when great characters' personalities are ruined when portrayed in such ways. Whenever I see a yaoi/yuri picture of two of my favorite characters from an anime/manga series, I seriously just want to punch the artist in the face. Of course, I would also argue that the artist doesn't understand the characters very well if they decided to protray them in such a manner, unless it they were from a piece of media like Gravitation. ^_^
Well that's open to interpretation. Some men and some women have such dynamic chemistry, no matter their relationship, that a romantic relationship might not be out of the question under a flip (hey, if a man and a woman who hate each other, fight each other, and are enemies in the strictest right, can still be a couple by the end, so can two men, so can two women).

It's not fair to say it ruins "great character personalities" when the only one who can say that is the one who created those characters.

Besides, most people have canon on their sides when it comes to pairings; and some people didn't like how canon turned out. And some people will throw a conniption fit if the boy is with the wrong /girl/, never mind his own gender. So, you can't call the yaoi/yuri supporters out like that and simply leave out the alt-het supporters.

I hate being confined to boxes. Unless I like those boxes. And sometimes, I have one foot in, and one-foot out.

I like Zack/Aerith (canon); it's sweet and heart-breaking and I watch the end of Advent Children JUST for them. Now let me enjoy Zack/Cloud, Zack/Sephiroth, Zack/Genesis, Zack/Angeal, and Zack/god-knows-who-else while I'm at it.

It's as if you're saying that all yaoi/yuri artists are sex-crazed and don't have the capacity to understand a character's depth.
Yeah, I've read some fantastic fanfiction exploring same-sex relationships between characters in various series. Not all of it is sexual, and some of it is very well written and believable.

Because I'm a guy.

I really don't like how people are using their gender as a reason to why they like one over the other. >_> But that's prolly because I'm a girl who likes yuri over yaoi or whatever.

I really don't like how people are using their gender as a reason to why they like one over the other. >_> But that's prolly because I'm a girl who likes yuri over yaoi or whatever.

Okay, here's a more detailed answer then

Yaoi isn't my thing. I'll admit there is some good stuff out there, but nothing beats romance between two girls when you are a guy. Why? I don't know, I jsut find it attractive.

In the words of Douglas Walker, "Hello, hot character trait."

Neither.

I'm very much heterosexual, so I dislike yaoi extensively. I find Yuri to be quite boring and I fail to see the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom