• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

YOU are a Gym Leader (or Elite Four)

Re: If you were a gym leader...

Town:
Sunrise Town

Type:
Psychic

Pokemon:
Espeon
Slowking
Gallade
Matgross
Hypno
Solrock

Badge:
Upon defeating the gym leader in a double battle, the trainer receives the Morning Light Badge.

TM:
Dream Eater

Well, i would rather be a Champion or Elite Four member than a gym leader. I would have some variation but specialize in Fire-type Pokémon and moves.

My Pokémon would include:

1) Charmeleon ♂ ("Leon")
2) Magmortar ♂ ("Magmo")
3) Raichu ♀, shiny ("Sparkler")
4) Typhlosion ♂ ("Cynder")
5) Blaziken ♀ ("Blazefeet")
6) Altaria ♀ ("Victoria")
7) Charizard ♀ ("Riza")
8) Heatran ♂ ("Igneon")

Of course, i would switch around my team of six. My Charmelon would be a "walking Pokémon" and hang around outside his Pokéball.

viridian city gym

mespirit
electivire
dragonite
lucario
swampert
kindra

Town: It would be some place weird and historical - like Lavender, Ecruteak, or Sootopolis. (But I would live in a different city - whatever the giant metropolis of the region is. I'd commute via Fly).

Type: Psychic/Water

Pokemon -

Exeggutor:
Solarbeam
Psychic
Stomp
Razor Leaf

Starmie:
Psybeam
Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Surf

Gardevoir:
Hyper Beam
Confusion
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Poliwrath:
Seismic Toss
Hydro Pump
Bubblebeam
Dynamicpunch

Swampert:
Mud Shot
Dive
Magnitude
Water Pulse

Xatu:
Psywave
Fly
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing

I guess i'll be the last gymleader in the Morru Region.
If you were a gym leader:
  • What's the name of your town? Ebonight City
  • What type of gym would you be? Dark
  • What pokémon will you have to battle? Gen VI pokémon + a Houndoom
  • What would you name your badge? Night Badge.

* What's the name of your town? Maybe something like... Uhh... NokNok City! ... Don't ask.
* What type of gym would you be? (aka Fire, water, ground) Different types, actually very random xD
* What pokémon will you have to battle? Raichu, Espeon, Dewgong (High levels >:3)
* What would you name your badge? Multicolor badge (Because the types are so random xD)

I would be... one interesting gym leader...

* What's the name of your town? Lake City
* What type of gym would you be? (aka Fire, water, ground) Different types, random types
* What pokémon will you have to battle? Freligatr, Espeon, Venusaur, Blaziken, Dunsparce, Staraptor
* What would you name your badge? Muffin Badge (It's shaped like a muffin)

The City would be called Volasto City I would have fire types
Pokemon and moves:
Ninetales lv.48 with
-Will-o-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-Dig
-Iron tail

Ambipom lv.50 with:
-Fire Punch
-Double Hit
-Shadow Ball
-Shock Wave

Crobat lv.47 with:
-Heat Wave
-Sludge Bomb
-Air Slash
-Giga Drain

Houndoom lv.55 with:
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Fang

Finally, Infernape lv.50 with:
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Punch
-EarthQuake

Winners will get the FLARE BADGE, TM35 FLAMETHROWER
and availability to get to the Pokemon League [This is the 8th Gym]

Town:
Gale City

Type:
Normal

Pokemon:
Smeargle
Wigglytuff
Porygon-Z
Slaking
Togekiss
Tauros

Badge:
Sunset Badge

TM:
Hyper Beam?

Town: Vibe City

Type: Dark, Ghost

Pokemon:

Umbreon
Honchkrow
Dusknoir
Sharpedo
Gengar
Mismaguis

Spirit Badge

[town] ecruteak city or maybe cerulean

[type] water/ice

[pkmn] Dewgong, Cloyster, Starmie, Wartortle, Poliwrath

[badge] descent badge
[tm gift] Blizzard

Name: Silver Aerie

Badge: Aether Badge
Aether is the golden air that the gods breathe in the highest heavens, the fifth element which represents life, or the spirit, itself.

Type: Dragon

Description: The gym would be built into the face of the mountain, with steps carved into the stone leading up to the arena, which is on the top level of the Gym. The arena's terrain is a combination of mountain and water with deep pools and towering spires.

Format: Battles would be conducted according to challenger's preference, as 3 vs 3 single, 4 vs 4 double, or full, either single or double.

Roster:
Dragonite (Main; the Master's gift Dratini)
Dragonair (Offspring of the main Dragonite)
Nidoking
Charizard
Kingdra
Salamence
Flygon
Gyarados
Tyranitar

Also... this might be a tad off topic, but has this been done here? I mean, is there a "Pokémon League" on this forum? I saw one in the battle section the international league or something like that, but I didn't quite like the rules it has, to be honest. I thought of a system where a gym leader can basically run their gym as they please, and the "League Officials" would periodically check on these gyms to see if they should be accepted as certified...

Anyhow. I digress. I guess my question is basically if there is another League on the forum to challenge?

Also... this might be a tad off topic, but has this been done here? I mean, is there a "Pokémon League" on this forum? I saw one in the battle section the international league or something like that, but I didn't quite like the rules it has, to be honest. I thought of a system where a gym leader can basically run their gym as they please, and the "League Officials" would periodically check on these gyms to see if they should be accepted as certified...

Anyhow. I digress. I guess my question is basically if there is another League on the forum to challenge?

As far as I can tell, it hasn't. I haven't seen the IPL rules yet since I personally don't like international competitive organizations (my dislike of them started with IFMAR, or the International Federation of Model Automobile Racing), so I wouldn't have a clue, but I think there should be another league, even if it isn't really official in the way it's set up.

Sunset City

Type: Electric

Pokemon:

Electrode lv 37:
Light Screen
Rollout
Screech
Shock Wave

Jolteon lv 39:
Pin Missle
Thunder Wave
Volt Tackle
Thunderbolt

Luxray lv 40:
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Discharge
Strength

Rotom lv 41:
Omnious Wind
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Dark Pulse

Electrivire lv 43:
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder
Giga Impact

Badge: Energize Badge

Tm to Give Away: Discharge

Last edited:

riddle town

type:ghost
-banette lv.35
-frosslas lv.34
-duskul lv.30

badge: the angel badge
tm: shadow claw

-HELL
-Fire
-Vulpix, Growlithe
-THEHELL BADGE

I only have two because I'd be the first gym. XD

Town: Aquifelli City ~ City of Remembrance
Type: Water
Pokemon:

- Starmie
- Gastrodon
- Cloyster
- Weavile

Badge: Vapor Badge

I posted this in the "If you could create your own Town/Village/City" thread, but it certainly goes here as well.

City Name: Thistleport City

Gym Name: Thistleport Gym (6th gym in the region)

Type of gym:
Grass (Though Water Pokemon are just as abundant)
When the challenging trainer gets to the leader, it's a double battle.

Pokemon in the gym: Trainers own various grass and water Pokemon (that may be caught in or near the ocean), such as Wingull, Mantyke, Krabby, Lotad, Sunflora, Roselia, and Cherrim.

Pokemon owned by Gym Leader Bay (Bay originates from my nickname and a shortened version of my actual name, Baylor. Also, it can mean a bay as in an indentation of the shoreline by a body of water, as well as certain types of plants. As you can see, this all fits perfectly with the city name, the Pokemon, and surroundings of the city itself.):
Spr_4d_271_s.png
Lv. 40 (Rain Dish ability, holds a Damp Rock):
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Giga Drain
Icy Wind
Spr_4d_153.png
Lv. 39 (Overgrow ability, holds a Light Clay):
Grasswhistle
Ancientpower
Energy Ball
Light Screen
Spr_4p_453_m.png
Lv. 42 (Dry Skin ability, no item):
Poison Jab
Ice Punch
Sucker Punch
Cross Chop
Spr_4p_418_f.png
Lv. 42 (Swift Swim ability, no item):
Aqua Tail
Ice Punch
Bulk Up
Brick Break

Bay prefers to fight with the Pokemon he has always had, rather than stick to his 'Grass' type gym. His strategy revolves around having his shiny Lombre lead off the match with Rain Dance. Rain Dance greatly benefits his team for many reasons. Lombre's rain dish ability allows it to recover health. Buizel's swift swim doubles his speed. Croagunk's dry skin allows for HP recovery. Buizel and Lombre's water moves benefit from Rain Dance as well, and Bayleef isn't as hurt by fire because of the rain. Bayleef will set up a Light Screen for the team and put Pokemon to sleep. The power of the team resides in Croagunk and Buizel, while Lombre and Bayleef set up for the team with many helpful moves.

Usually, in his double battle match style, he will pair Bayleef with Lombre, and Buizel with Croagunk. However, he will switch things up from time to time.

Bay doesn't mind being defeated. He encourages the trainers to get stronger and keep working hard, so long as they bond well with their Pokemon. For some reason, Bay's Pokemon do not evolve from their current states. The four stay the same and prefer to be that way.

It is unknown how Bay's Lombre knows Hydro Pump and his Buizel knows Aqua Tail, as they cannot learn them at the current level/evolution stage. However, they do.

Badge and tm: Palm Badge & TM18 (Rain Dance)

What's the name of your town?

Mt. Frosenthia, players much climb to the top of an icy peak where the find a small, remote town. Considered to be one of the most challenging treks in the whole of the Pokemon regions, it is the final badge the trainer must collect before moving on to the Pokemon league

What type of gym would you be? Ice type, obviously

What pokémon will you have to battle?

Level 42 Dewgong
Level 44 Jynx
Level 45 Dewgong
Level 46 Weavile

What would you name your badge?

Peak Badge

Town name: Soleade Town, similar to Ecruteak (nearby a large city, though very small and full of history).

Type: Dark.

Pokemon:
Houndoom
- Overheat
- Crunch
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball

Spiritomb
- Sucker Punch
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Ominous Wind

Absol
- Night Slash
- Aerial Ace
- Zen Headbutt
- Calm Mind

Weaville
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick
- Nasty Plot

Badge: Dusk Badge

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom