• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You are a pirate captain!!

*Gyarados to have a large, powerful Water-type with the ability to fly and create storms, making it easier to catch other ships.
*Sceptile because Pokémon logic suggest lots of sailors will use Water-types, also agile and can not too heavy.
*Chatot for obvious reasons. No, actually Xatu; it's still a type of bird, and it can be used for emergency Teleport when the Galar navy inevitably catches up to my ship while grounded in an inlet digging for treasure.

1. Psyduck - my loyal companion. Its Cloud Nine ability will make traversing stormy seas much easier.
  2. Blissey - in the event that anybody falls ill or dispirited, Blissey will be there to help. Also, infinite supply of eggs that are apparently delicious!
  3. Cradily - when it comes to defending yourself from enemy Water-type users, Storm Drain and Giga Drain would be the best of both worlds. Its natural habitat is the ocean, so it'll never feel too homesick.

In addition to your ship and loyal crew, you have a team of three Pokemon - excluding legendaries and mythics - to assist you as you sail around doing as you please on the high seas! What are they? And what purpose do they serve you?
If we're keeping the pirate theming, I think Chatot, Kabutops, and Dusknoir would be my picks.

Togekiss, since it can learn Soft-Boiled to heal allies, it is useful for illuminating caves with Flash, and good for aerial search.
Swampert, because it is so strong and can use Rock Climb for navigating sheer cliffs, Whirlpool for clearing maelstroms, and Dive for underwater exploration.
Weavile, since it is very fast and can use Dig if needed.

Gardevoir - Body guard and loyal friend to the crew, protects the ship from attacks when possible
Decidueye - Observing the sea from the sky, keeping an eye out for land and potential places to explore
Magnezone or Mawile - Helping with things on the ship and boosting morale on the ship with positivity and encouraging the crew to do their best

Dragalge-because its my favourite -mon and it
can ram other ships.

Venusaur-because it has his vine's that can bind other ships and makes them ready to board.

Yamask- its my Parrot

Torkoal-I know this may seem weird considering it's a fire type, but it's lava attacks would be really powerful against other ships, either melting or burning them. Plus, sunny day ensures good weather.
Decidueye- My bird. Can shoot precise arrows to threaten other ships. Also good against water types.
Greninja- My partner. It uses smokescreen to blind sailors and get onto their ship, from which it can disable key parts of the ship such as the sails.

Dragonite - It's my favourite Pokémon, plus the Pokédex lists that Dragonite assists with shipwrecked crews and brings them to shore.

Gyarados - One of my favourite Pokémon. A powerful sea Pokémon that would be useful to destroy rival pirates/ships. Can also hunt for food in the ocean.

Charizard - Another one of my favourite Pokémon. Seems random for a pirate to use a fire type but having access to unlimited fire can be very useful to keep warm on cold nights as well as cook food. Also a strong Pokémon, and can burn down enemy ships/attack their gun powder/explosives and blow their ships up.

Having three powerful Pokémon will help defeat rivals/threats etc, and they can all fly which means searching for land will be much easier. Charizard can keep my crew warm and cook food. I have a lot of bases covered with these three.

Alright, here’s what I came up with:

1) Sharpedo: I can easily find one of these in the ocean, right? This bad boy can tear up super tankers and sheet iron, so no enemy sheets will be getting away so easily. Plus, it can swim up to 75 miles per hour, making it a boon in water transportation and emergency getaways.I think Speed Boost would be a great ability, but the standard Rough Skin also works, especially with a Rocky Helmet. I think I’d teach mine:
  • Surf-To ride on
  • Dive-Also to ride on
  • Crunch-To tear through ships and foes, plus STAB
  • And Strength-To help it bust through hulls easier
2) Heliolisk: I’d need some coverage, so this guy would work fine. It can also learn Surf, which means it can swim (Or, seeing how it’s partially based on Basilisk lizards, run on water!), though I’m not sure about using a move slot for it. Dry Skin is kind of a risky ability, but seeing as how there’d be water literally everywhere, it couldn’t hurt. I’d go with:
  • Sunny Day—yeah, risky for Dry Skin, but water’s everywhere.
  • Solar Beam—For Water types that shrug off electric attacks and to play off Sunny Day
  • Parabolic Charge—To hit lots of opponents and to heal my funky lizard
  • And either Surf or Thunderbolt—If I don’t need Surf for it to swim, I’d go with Thunderbolt for more damage
3) Garchomp: It would be pretty safe to say that with all the Water types, other crews would have their own coverage. So it’d be wise to have some coverage for that coverage. Garchomp can also learn Surf, meaning it can swim, and it can fly at Mach speeds (but can only learn like, one Flying move) which is helpful in case of an emergency or just scouting or whatever. I’m not sure if Megas are an option, but those scythe-arms of its Mega would be good for hacking down enemy masts. Plus, it’s really cool! I’d teach it:
  • Earthquake—Pretty standard for Garchomp, and can handle Electric types. And hey, if it can work while surfing in the games, it can work on boats
  • Dragon Rush—A tough STAB move that can deal with other part-dragons like Kingdra
  • Iron Tail—This move can take out Grass, Fairy, Flying, and Ice types. Fairies would definitely be a problem for Garchomp and Sharpedo, so this is a must
  • Hone Claws—This is going to be needed for Iron Tail and Dragon Rush to actually hit
Well, there we have it mateys!

I make an new team for sure with new Pokemon:giggle:

Dragalge
He is a great swimmer and can use multiple types of physical attacks. I gave him a Mystic water what i found at...
...the neck of a death Pirate
His abilty is Adaptability, because thats super strong and he learns Draco meteor to bomb other shimps in seconds.

Alakazam
He is part of the crew since 20 years and is super smart and has more knowledge about the sea as the best human-pirates. He can use Psychic that is realy good on a ship. He uses his power to mess up with cannonballs and other weapons of enemys to mirror coat them. His ability is inner focus what makes him super concentrate on battles.

Lickitung
She is my cook. She can make awesome food like curry's or chocolate. During storms it comes out and prevents with his ability cloud nine damage at our ship.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom