• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You as a Gym Leader/Gym Theme/Gym Puzzle in the game.

Blue Dragon

七パーセント
Reaction score
I thought I would post this, as I find it interesting to know what everyone would choose as their gym in the game.

This is a list of things you would have in your gym:

Pokemon Type
Gym Theme
Gym Puzzle
Gym Leader Theme
Pokemon Party
Gym Name
Gym Leader Name

My Gym would be a multi-type gym with a Neon Blue theme called the "Neon Gym" and I would be called Lee, which is my trainer name in Pokemon Black. It would have four rooms that lead to me as a Gym Leader.

These rooms would be lounge rooms with Cool and Veteran trainers you would have to battle to find a key to unlock the door for the next room.

They would have a party of 2 to 3 powerful Pokemon that were leveled between 43 to 50.

When you finally reach me I would say "Truly outstanding that you have managed to reach me.....well then let's begin!". My Gym Leader theme would be similar to Riley's atire, but a grey and black mixture.

My Pokemon party would be my Pokemon Black party, however they are at maximum level, so I would tone them down to levels between 58 and 68. It would consist of:

Whimsicott
Breloom
Gengar
Tyranitar
Garchomp
Dragonite

Here is what my team and I would look like ^^...

MyTeamTrue.gif

Please post your ideas for you gyms :p

Type: Water
Puzzle: Requires the use of Surf and Dive to find the switches that change the direction of the water currents in the correct order.
I will not battle the player unless he has defeated ALL the trainers in the Gym.
Team: Dragonite, Kingdra, Gyarados, Swampert and Samurott. All between Lv43-47 in first match.
I will wear a white shirt, jeans and a blue tie. Completely normal look.
Badge: Torrent Badge.
TM: Water Pulse

Pokemon Type: Multitype.
Gym Theme: Basically what my paradise in real life would be.
Gym Puzzle: There would be really hard Puzzles that relate to each Pokemon type.
Gym Leader Theme: I will just wear a plain old blue T-Shirt.
Pokemon Party: I would be Levels 75-77.
Darkrai Lv. 77
Zekrom Lv. 77
Lucario Lv. 75
Metagross Lv. 75
Arceus (Holds a random plate each time.) Lv. 77
Scrafty Lv. 77
Gym Name: The Ultimate Gym.
Gym Leader Name: Joey. (My real name)
Gym Badge: Legend Badge
Rematch Party: I would be Lv. 100.
Scrafty Lv. 100
Arceus (Still random plate each time) Lv. 100
Darkrai Lv. 100
Zekrom Lv. 100
Reshiram Lv. 100
Genesect Lv. 100

Last edited:
Pokemon Type: Electric
Gym Theme: Coffee
Gym Puzzle: Use of electric transporters, in the vein of Sabrina's Gym.
Gym Leader Theme: Purely electric.
Pokemon Party: Raichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Luxray (Because many of them are generally weak, all of them have considerable high-levels)
Gym Name: Coffee Gym
Gym Leader Name: Just me. :K

Pokemon Type: Ghost
Gym Theme: Storybook/Tournament
Gym Puzzle: A simple tournament, in which you battle Gym Trainers. But the person and their team are based off of books stories, or legends. (Like, a Trainer named Yuki would use a Frosslass.)
Gym Leader Theme: I'd have a researcher theme: books everywhere.
Pokemon Party:
Musharna, Lv. 35
Swoobat, Lv. 34
Beheeyem, Lv. 34
Gym Name: What city am I in? It'd be [City name] Gym.
Gym Leader Name: Jack

Pokemon Type: Ghost
Gym Theme/Puzzle: There would be about 3-5 dark rooms within the gym. There will be a candle in each room, which the trainer will have to light in order to find the door to the next room. There will be trainers hidden within the dark rooms that the trainer will have to fight if they don't go in the right direction towards the candle.
Gym Leader Theme: A black t-shirt with purple stripes, and a white long-sleeve shirt underneath. I'd have black jeans on and black converses as well.
Pokemon Party: Chandelure (my main Pokemon), Drifblim, Jellicent, Dusknoir
Gym Name: Blackrose Gym (I guess the city's name would be Blackrose)
Gym Leader Name: Chris, which is my real name.
Gym Badge: Abyss Badge

Pokémon Type: Dark/Dragon
Gym Theme: Post-Apocalypse/Chaos
Gym Puzzle: Survival, you would have to fight your way in and survive for 24 hours alone with anything you could scavenge
Gym Leader Theme: Raider/Marauder
Pokémon Party:
Tyranitar
Garchomp
Flygon
Hydregion
Bisharp
Krookadile
Gym Name: Chaos Incarnate
Gym Leader Name: Tye
Badge: Choas Badge

Fun thread!

Type: It will be a dark type gym.
Building: The building is high, and black on the outside with sort of a gothic style. Once you enter, the building, it will be complete black.
Puzzle: Each trainer will be lighten up with a lamp in the roof. You can hear water flowing under you and the floor is only made of small path, which you cannot see, you sort of have to stumble in the dark until you find them, haha! Once you beaten the trainer, you'll be sent through a portal to the floor above you and do the same thing. Once you beat them all, you'll get to the top room where I am (not that fun puzzle maybe but it was all I could come up with, lol!).
Gym leader: I'll be male, dressed complete black with a white necktie. Simple. Name? I'm not sure. Any of the names I'm using in my games I guess... Ziggy/Cain/Motyl. I'll be saying "Without dark, light cannot exist." or something like that.~
Pokémon: I'll be using Absol, Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Hydreigon, Drapion and... Darkrai.
Badge: Not quite sure, to be honest. Dark~

Type: Multitype
Puzzle: A puzzle similar to Elesa and Clay's, the puzzle is multilevel, except going up over time. Each area has a bit based off of different types, like switches for Electric, ice tiles for Ice, fog for Ghost etc.
I am 5 floors above the entrance.
Team: Lucario, Zoroark, Volcarona, Dragonite, Wailord, Jumpluff. All between Lvl 55-62 in first match.
Gym Name: Undaunted Gym
Gym Leader Name: My real name.
Badge: Terminal Badge
TM: Hidden Power

Pokemon Type: Steel
Gym Theme: Metalworks factory (like Fuego Ironworks)
Gym Puzzle: Straightforward path, 3 floors, required trainer fights (First floor: 1 fight, Second: 2 fights, Third: 1 regular and 1 double)
Gym Leader Theme: Work boots, blue overalls, blue long sleeve shirt(sleeves rolled up), one big ass work glove, one monkey wrench, hard hat, and welding goggles. (See TF2 Engineer)
Pokemon Party: Steelix, Aggron, Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Lucario (levels 44-48)
Gym Name: Zirconia Gym (Zirconia City)
Gym Leader Name: Dell
Gym Badge: Ferrous Badge

I used to go for a late-game Bug type and leave the Grass type for Elite 4, but eh.

7th Gym. Grass type.
The theme is a labyrinth within a conservatory. It is located at the back of an actual one that can be visited, in a similar way to Aloe's library.
The puzzle involves figuring out which plants are real and which ones are pokemon in disguise, think of Sudowoodo. You cannot capture them and fleeing won't open up the way. Though a Pokédoll will work.
Defeating trainers will give hints on what you should be looking for. Though the only required fights are the pokemon blocking the way. But it is a labyrinth, so there are a few paths leading to just a trainer.

Pokemon: Victreebel L41, Shiftry L43, Ivysaur L45, Liligant L47 (last)
TM: Grass Knot

Badge: Thorned badge, in the shape of spiny vines holding something. All pokemon's special stats are boosted and allows control of traded pokemon up to level 70. Allows using _____ outside battle.

The gym would be challenged after visiting the greenhouse first because of the main quest, to obtain a particularly rare plant.
Gym dude: "Hey, champ-in-the-making! This gym is house for many Grass Pokémon, which like to blend along other plants! You should use Fire-types against them!"
Before battle: "Welcome. I hope to have been of help back then, but that's not why you are here for. Plants are fascinating creatures, did you know? They are what lets our planet breathe, and give life to us all. We are dependent of them, yet humans don't care as much as they should. Pokémon are the same, we live in a mutual relationship, and if we don't care about them, then they won't care about us. Do you care about your pokémon? I'll check if they do!"
First hit: "So that's what you do."
Last Pokémon: "They trust you..."
Player lose: "That was a shame. You need to train them a little better."
Player win: "That was a great battle! I rarely see pokemon that close to their trainer!"
After battle: "You certainly care about your pokémon, and therefore, are worthy of this badge!" "It will allow you to use the move _____, so you can get to _____ with ease, and pokémon up to level 70 will obey you. Take this TM as well. It is Grass Knot, a situational move that is stronger on heavier foes." "Your pokémon care about you, and I hope you can get to the League together. Good luck!"

Last edited:
Pokemon Type:Fire
Gym Theme:Completely white with perfectly clean,marble floor and simmetrical patterns.
Gym Puzzle:The same as Blaine's but with an IQ test.
Gym Leader Theme:Dressed in a long blak coat with a top hat and a tie with red and white checkers. Holding a DS.
Pokemon Party:Chandelure,Typhlosion,Arcanine,Darmanitan,Houndoom,Volcarona
Gym Name:Purification Gym
Gym Leader name:Mastermind
Gym Badge:Volition Badge

Well, I'd be a Mixed gym leader, talking about needing to understand about the different types, and fight with passion. I'd be the last gym leader.

My gym theme would be based on types. You'd have to enter the right type on six blocks in the right order, to unlock the door, in the order of fire, water, grass, flying, electric, ground. Each block would have a puzzle relating to the name of the block and if you get it wrong, there will be a trainer behind, who'll challenge you with the previous type. (For the fire one, it'd be the ground type).

The gym leader would be Andrew, and he'd be dressed in casual clothes, a t-shirt, tracksuit, that kind of thing. When you arrive he'd say; "Well, you finally managed to get to me! I look forward to seeing you battle; you've beaten all the others. Now! Show me the strength of you and your Pokemon!"

I'd have a team of:
Sigilyph: Magic Guard - Lv 45
Altaria: Natural Cure - Lv 46
Pikachu: Static - Lv 50 (Last)
Breloom: Effect Spore - lv 45 (First)
Arcanine: Flash Fire - Lv 47
Gengar: Levitate - Lv 46

When first hit, I'd say; "Good move. But we all need to learn to adapt, don't we?"
When on the last Pokemon I'd say; "It'd not over yet, I can't be beaten that easily!"
When beaten; "Amazing...I've been beat."
After beaten; "That was an amazing battle. I can see how you've been able to beat the others, your skill is impeccable. Here's the Flower badge, as beauty comes from the smallest things and variety is the spice of life. Oh, and don't forget this, my gift to you, TM 90, Subsitute. Use it wisely."

Pokémon Type: fire/rock
Gym Theme: rock walls and Laval falls
Gym Puzzle: cross the bridge, beat the trainer at the end of the bridge, find the hidden button in a rock (the number of rocks increases per bridge.) the gate to the next bridge will open. Continue until I appear at the end of the last bridge.
Gym Leader Theme: open black jacket, red t-shirt underneath, black pants, spikey hair with red tips, and small pickaxe in pocket.
Pokémon Party:(first round)Magmortar,Pupitar,Magcargo,Rampardos,Rotom(heat form),Archeops.(second round) Magmortar,tyranitar,Magcargo,Rampardos,Rotom,Heatran.
Gym Name: Extinct gym
Gym Leader Name: Vulcan (after the roman god of fire.)

Oh, this seemed like fun, so...

Pokémon Type: "Electronic Pokémon" What I mean is almost mechanical Pokémon, like Steel and Electric.

Gym Theme: Steam punk.

Gym Puzzle: Challengers must maneuver through the floor to connect some wires to power the elevator to the next floor. After two floors, they can challenge the leader.

Gym Leader Theme: Baggy pants and shirt covered in oil stains. Sporting a pair of goggles on his head.

Pokémon Party:
Metagross:65
Porygon-Z:64
Magnezone:61
Golurk:63
Rotom-Wash:60
Klinklang:62

Gym Name: Steam punk Gym

Gym Leader Name: Kole

Gym Badge: Advancement Badge.

Battle theme: Something like Four Part Plan ‪Portal 2 Soundtrack - Four Part Plan (Final Boss Theme)‬‏ - YouTube

Battle quotes:
Before battle:"Oh hi! How did you fare through the gym? I do hope you're not too winded. Because trust me, if getting here was trouble, then I, Kole, Master of Alternatives, will surly bring you down!"
First hit: "Oh, good to see you're not bad at all."
Last Pokémon: "Hmm, maybe, just maybe..."
Victory (Kole): "What great fun that was, do come back with an alternate plan though."
Victory (Player): "Amazing! You my friend are highly deserving of this badge!"
After battle: "Despite all of the troubles you went through to get here, you still came out on top, and for that, I congratulate you. Here, take the Advancement Badge and were it with pride! None of my Pokémon were able to triumph over you and your team. The passion you all share is prominent, and I wish you luck with your later journeys. Actually, before you head out, let me do this for you. Come visit me anytime and I'll teach your Pokémon Autotomize, this way you can be even more effective in battle by out speeding your foes."
I'll probably be adding pictures to it, if I can get around to it.

Last edited:
Ah jeez. If only. I think mine would be multitype, but just the, like...off types, y'know? Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Steel. Unnatural, perhaps? I dunno. Gym name would just be whatever city I was in. Screw originality.

The building would be simple on the outside, just one medium-sized room. Nothing would be in the room but a big dark hole, requiring a leap of faith (or recklessness). On the lower level, after a relatively short drop (it's padded, I'm not out to kill anyone >.>) there is a door on each wall, leading to a room that looks exactly the same, minus the padding. Trainers would essentially have to pick them at random and avoid getting lost until they managed to find me. Fighting all the trainers (one per room) would be optional.

The team would randomly pick 5 among these pokemon, to keep things interesting: Metagross, Tyranitar, Chandelure, Steelix, Mismagius, Weavile, Crawdaunt, Froslass, Scizor, and Gardevoir. The 6th would always be Lilligant, to throw people off, and because it's adorable *_* (A side note, why is it that 99% of all trainers and even gym leaders/elite four bros never have 6 pokemon? Have never understood that.) I have no idea what their levels would be. I would assume it'd be a higher-up gym, considering everything is fully evolved, but it's whatevs.

Upon defeat, the Unpredictable Badge would be handed out, along with TM30, Shadow Ball (One of my favorite moves).

Who knows what I would look like. I may try doing one of those fancy recolors. Never have before, but it doesn't look too tough.

...so yeah. Go gym go.

Ooh I love this thread. Mine would be the 6th gym.

Pokemon Types: Water(main)/Ground(secondary)

Gym Theme & Puzzle: The Gym would be located in a huge wetland/swamp. It would be a single storey building with moss and mushrooms covering the walls. There'll also be frog noises (Politoed) & cricket noises (Kricketune) in the background. The challenger will have to balance walk in the logs that will connect them to the next platform. If they fall, they must face the gym trainer and win so that the stairs for the platform will activate. There'll be 5 logs to cross and balance which means 5 gym trainers to face.

Gym Leader Theme & Name: Gym Leader is Amé (Japanese for rain). Amé is a gyaru (click link for picture). She has light tan skin, long wavy honey blonde hair, and wears bronze make up. She prefers wearing outfits like tank tops and mini shorts with leggings. Amé is an environmentalist. She fights for pokemon habitats and protests against big companies that destroy pokemon's homes. She studies water pokemons' habitat. Recently she got fascinated by water pokemons living in land. Hence her gym's theme, swamp.

Pokemon Party:
Gastrodon - level 35
Seismitoad - level 37
Whiscash - level 37
Swampert - level 39

Gym Badge: Drizzle Badge

Type: Fire and Ice
Puzzle: You basically have to find your way through a giant maze using fire to melt the path needed to get through and at some points you need ice to freeze the water paths into a way to the next portion.
Gym Leader:Flacier, the name is derived from flames and glacier, to denote the fire/ice theme going. His design would be based on a duality of striking blue angular design combined with orange curvature based on flames. The angular design would come through a long coat with the collar being spiky as well as the cuffs and the bottom coat rim having this icicle look to it. With this, you then see a striking orange coming out of the icicles and for the elbows and shoulders as well. On the inside he simply wears a gray t-shirt, to signify the steam created from fire/ and ice. His hair is a combination of long flowing hair spiked in several areas. His shoes reflect this whole angular/curvature thing as well, by being a semi round tipped heeled boot.

Pokemon:
Floatzel
Magcargo
Kingdra
Torkoal
Basculin
Camerupt.

Badge: The Striker Badge. It would a striking piece of greatness, with a flame caught inside a giant spiky block of ice.

POKEMON TYPE: Fire, of course.

GYM THEME: Sort of like the inside of a volcano, with a rocky path and pools of lava on the sides. The main character (you, the player) will have to fight Ace Trainers, Burglars, and *gasp* even a former Team Magma grunt. There's also a point where the player has to cross a HUGE lava pool (which is far below the rest of the gym). To do so, a platform will carry the character over it, but it'll drop him/her at the halfway point. All's not over for our hero yet, though, since a robotic Charizard will appear just before s/he meets an untimely end, pick him/her up, and carry the player to the leader (Me), who is blocked off by four pairs of doors.

GYM PUZZLE: It's quite interesting, actually, since the gym itself is pretty big. Before crossing the huge lava pool, the player has to find each of these things based on my tea and solve their respective puzzles, whle battling trainers along the way:
  • A Flareon statue is found somewhere in the gym, you must use Strength to move it to its proper place.
  • There will be a pair of Charizard wings, inspecting it will make them flap and open the first pair of doors.
  • A handle that looks lke a Heatmor's arm is on the right side, pushing it down will open the second pair of doors.
  • A Houndoom statue is in the top-left corner, inspecting it will make the thing close it's jaws, opening the third pair of doors.
  • Finally, much ike Blaine's gym, a key is required to open the last door pair: however, this key looks like a Camerupt and is disposed of immediately afterwards.
GYM LEADER THEME: Dark grey pants, red shirt with fiery design, dark bown hair, black fedora.

POKEMON PARTY: Heatmor Lv. 60, Camerupt Lv. 62, Houndoom Lv. 62, Charizard Lv. 64, Flareon (specialty) Lv. 65.

GYM NAME: Blazonic Gym

GYM LEADER NAME: Flareth (so what?)

BADGE GIVEN: Flamacoal Badge

TM GIVEN:TM38 Fire Blast

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom