• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: You can Call him Agent P

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Description: By day, Perry the Popplio is the star battler of Elio's Pokemon team. Also by day, he's Agent P, a secret superspy tasked with foiling the schemes of the evil Dr. Faba. Rated E for everybody.

Author’s Note: Hello there, friend. Welcome to a fun little one shot parody I made while trying to fix my writers block. Basically, It’s Phineas and Ferb’s B-plot but with Pokemon. I was inspired by an image I saw ages ago but haven’t been able to find. Anyways, enjoy the “show.”

In Iki Town, Elio and Hau were engaged in a fierce battle. It was Hau’s Litten up against Elio’s Popplio, Perry, and it was the most intense battle you’ve ever seen. Well, that’s what they thought, anyways. Eleven year olds have a habit of dramatizing things.

“Litten, Ember!” Hau shouted.

Litten arched its back. The hair on it stood up on end and began to glow red.

“Lit… ten!” The Fire Cat Pokemon cried as it released a small ball of flames.

“Perry, dodge it!” Elio shouted.

“Pop!” The Popplio shouted, leaping into the air to avoid the ember.

“Now, use water gun!” Elio shouted, pointing dramatically at Litten.

Perry inhaled heavily and then exhaled a series of rapid fire water spurts.

“Mrow!” Litten shouted, taking the water gun point blank and being knocked backwards.

“Come on, Litten! Get up!” Hau urged. “We’re not gonna let a little bit of water stop us are we?”

Litten leaped back to its feet and growled. “Litten!”

Hau pumped his fist and cheered. “Yeah, that’s the spirit! Use scratch!”

“Litten!” Litten shouted. It charged forward, claws glowing.

“Perry, counter with pound!” Elio shouted.

As Litten dashed towards him, Perry lifted his flipper, which had begun to glow white. Once Litten was in range, he thrust his flipper forward with a mighty “Pop!” His flipper went straight into Litten’s face, once again knocking it backwards.

“Alright, now the finisher!” Elio shouted, grabbing the brim of his hat and turning it around. “Use Aqua Jet!”

Perry leaped into the air and held his fins close to his side. He positioned himself diagonally and charged straight downwards towards Litten, his body wreathed in water. Litten’s eyes widened in shock as Perry slammed directly into him, creating a cloud of dust and dirt. When the metaphorical smoke cleared, Perry was the only one left standing.

Elio leaped into the air. “Woohoo!”

Perry clapped his flippers together. “Pop! Pop!”

“Dang.” Hau said, recalling Litten. He held out his hand. “Good battle.”

Elio accepted the handshake. “You bet. Want to go again?”

“Sure.” Hau said. “Just let me get Litten all healed up.”

“Sweet.” Elio replied. “Alright, Perry, you ready for-” Elio stopped mid-sentence. Perry had disappeared. He looked around but couldn’t see him anywhere. It was like he had just vanished into thin air. “Hey, where’s Perry?”

V__-6biR7yKF9JVNKKV4quMr22kpumG0h-OCJPIvlx2Z9uvNQkOgO3nHkC7PoAdUfGmStsgMycRD8PwEw6VEzKG4qDHu4mVPNFlqt939qj2WJclvB94q0h-P8OGvXts7xwkCsjg5
V__-6biR7yKF9JVNKKV4quMr22kpumG0h-OCJPIvlx2Z9uvNQkOgO3nHkC7PoAdUfGmStsgMycRD8PwEw6VEzKG4qDHu4mVPNFlqt939qj2WJclvB94q0h-P8OGvXts7xwkCsjg5

Meanwhile, behind Kahuna Hala’s house, Perry was checking to make sure that nobody was watching. Once he was satisfied that he was alone, he pulled out his 1940s secret agent fedora from seemingly nowhere, and placed it upon his head. Then he took out a remote, again seemingly from nowhere, and clicked the single button on it, opening up a previously unseen elevator in the side of the house. However, instead of being empty, within the elevator was a sign.

Out of Order
Please Use Other Entrance
Thank You​

Perry sighed. He turned away from the house and headed into the woods that surrounded the town. Not far in he came across a rock. To anybody else it would be unassuming but Perry knew that it was a secret entrance. Under the rock was a metal hatch and under the hatch was a set of stairs.

Perry pushed the rock aside and opened the hatch. He looked down the dimly lit tunnel. He sighed again.

Twenty minutes of exhaustive walking later, Perry arrived at the bottom of the stairs, breathing heavily. He opened a door and entered his secret lair, filled with Popplio themed gadgets and gizmos. He headed over to his computer (also Popplio themed) and, once seated in his chair, pressed a button on the console. A video image of his boss, Anabel, appeared on the screen.

“Good morning Agent P.” Anabel said. “Apologies for making you use the alternate entrance, our elevator maintenance guy quit and moved to Hoenn. Apparently he thought there was too much water here in Alola. But, moving on,” Anabel took out a piece of paper and began to read from it. “It would seem that Dr. Faba is up to his old tricks. For reasons unknown to us he has been buying honey en mass. We can’t be sure what he’s going to do with it but we presume that it will be evil and honey related. Go get him, Agent P!”

Perry saluted Anabel and hurried over to his Popplio themed flying car. Taking a seat and fastening his seatbelt (even in flying cars it's important to follow the rules of the road), he revved up the car’s engine and took off, rising up and away out of a hole in the forest floor to the sound of a theme song that will not be transcribed here as I am not a songwriter, let alone a parody song writer.

One transition wipe later and Perry had arrived at Dr. Faba’s secret base on the Aether Paradise. Well, secret base might be a stretch considering that it was a large, oddly shaped building that had “Faba Evil Incorporated” plastered on it in big letters. It was baffling why Lusamine let someone so blatantly evil stay there. Status quo was even more powerful than Arceus, it seemed.

“Faba Evil Incorporated!” Faba's jingle jingled as Perry approached the building.

Perry put the car in park and unbuckled himself and stood up. It must be remembered that what he was about to do should not be tried at home. He leaped out of the car and smashed through one of the building’s windows and into Dr. Faba’s lab using pound. Somehow, despite lacking legs, he stuck a three point landing. Dr. Faba, who was working on a machine of some sort, turned around.

“Ah, Perry the Popplio.” He said. “What an unexpected surprise. And by unexpected I mean completely expected!” He pulled a remote from his lab coat and clicked its single button. A cage fell from the ceiling, trapping Perry.

Dr. Faba laughed. “Now that you’re trapped, allow me to explain my evil plan.” He gestured dramatically to the machine he was working on while a music sting played. It was some sort of giant ray with a glass container full of honey attached to it. “Behold! The Stuck-in-Honey-Inator!” Dr. Faba began ringing his hands evilly. “When this device is activated it will cover anybody it hits in honey!” He let loose an evil laugh. “I was going to use gum but there was a sale on honey and I’ve got to stay within a certain budget. Anyways, I plan to use this to trap the four Island Kahunas in honey, thus leaving nobody to stop me from taking over the ENTIRE QUAD-ISLAND AREA!”

“Pop.” Perry said, unimpressed.

“Don’t give me that attitude!” Faba said, annoyed.

Perry gave him a deadpan look.

Dr. Faba crossed his arms. “It’ll work, you’ll see.”

Dr. Faba turned away to start the machine. As soon as his back was turned, Perry took a nail file out of hammer space (nail file space?) and began sawing at the bars of his cage as quickly as possible. Dr. Faba raised his finger to press the button.

“Now, I shall finally get rid of those annoying Kahunas!”

But before he could press the button, he was knocked to the ground by one very obnoxious Sea Lion, accompanied by a music sting. Perry the Popplio had filed his way out of his cage in record time.

Dr. Faba sat up. “Grr. You infuriating mammal!” He then realized that he had smacked right up against the control panel, activating his machine. He stood up and laughed. “Well, well, it looks like you are too late.”

“Pop.” Perry said seriously.

The Sea Lion Pokemon leaped over Dr. Faba, who instinctively ducked. He rammed right into the Stuck-in-Honey-Inator, causing it to flip around and face towards Dr. Faba, instead of its original target.

“Oh no.” Dr. Faba whimpered.

The machine fired and covered Dr. Faba up to his neck in honey. He struggled to escape but he was completely stuck. As he struggled to escape, Perry donned his jetpack (again pulling it out of thin air) and flew out of the building via the hole he had created upon entering.

“Curse you Perry the Popplio!” Dr. Faba shouted obligatorily after him.

“Grubbin! Use bug bite!”

“Litten, dodge it and use ember!”

Elio and Hau were locked in another “fierce” battle. Because Perry had disappeared, Elio was using Grubbin. It seemed that nobody had taught these kids about type matchups.

Grubbin rushed forward, mandibles opened and prepared for rapid fire biting. It never got there, as it got hit straight in the face by Litten’s ember, knocking it out.

“Oh man.” Elio said, recalling Grubbin and holding out his hand. “Well, that was a great battle. Too bad there was nobody around to see it.”

“Yeah.” Hau replied, shaking Elio’s hand.

“Pop.” Came a voice from behind Elio. He turned around to see who it was. As it turned out, that someone was blue and had flippers.

“Oh, there you are Perry.” Elio said.

Last edited:
I mean you are right about one thing, eleven-year-olds have a thing with being dramatic as that battle they had was standard par. Though, Perry was unique in battle. It was kind of hard to really visualize but that's just me. I find the idea itself to be cool, a battler one day and a secret agent the next. The agent persona was cool, it was a nice switch and his interactions were alright. Dr. Faba was underwhelming for me a little but it's also a one-shot. He seems like the standard Disney villain, which I'm alright with.

All and all, I liked it!

You can call this Review Challenge madness

- We open with an allegedly epic battle. Funny line about them overthinking that it is
- Oh man it really is start of the game, lmao
- This is not suspicious at all. Lucky no one questions the agent monkey or whatever
- Who even set up that out of order sign?
- Man if that guy thinks there's too much water in Alola
- Evil and honey related. This is parody and it owns
- Well no one wants to fly out the windshield, let alone in midair
- I mean S&M Lusamine was even more twisted than any version of Faba so
- One flipper, two flipper, tail. Three points!
- And Faba going bond villain cause of course
- Well maybe he's going full Dr. Claw.
- Hey, bright side, at least Dr. Faba's prized bee and bear collection didn't get freed at the same time
- I like this interpretation of the trainers being incompetent. Breath of fresh air

Goofy little fic, but I was a fan of the similar Agent Monkey or whatever from Dexter's Lab, so I liked this too. And making fun of how the player characters really should be in the games is always fun.

Hello there! You've got a surprise review by yours truly! :D

So, a Pokémon x Phineas & Ferb crossover, huh? Well, I personally love crossovers, so I wanted to check this oneshot out. I've got to say that you caught the vibes of P&F perfectly, and you picked the right characters to pull off their respective roles (I could even see Sophocles working as the gadgeteer and being the one who worked on Perry's gadgets).

It's a pretty simple and lighthearted story, but if there is something I would add, it would be fleshing out a bit Faba's defeat. In many P&F chapters, there are many goofy shenanigans that happen without anyone realizing it, so I could have seen some small accident with the honey before the climatic defeat and destruction of the machine. Just a thought.

Also, a little detail I've noticed is the inconsistency with the capitalization of the various moves, which go from Ember and Aqua Jet to scratch and pound. I'd suggest picking either one option or the other for the sake of consistency.

All in all, this has been a really cute story and I could see this working as some Pokémon special in Phineas & Ferb. ^^

That's all for now. Thanks for sharing this adorable piece, and until next time~

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom