• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia You Decide the Rules Mafia: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Edition - Endgame - 14/09/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave all of my money to Zexy
upload_2017-9-12_21-25-43.png

First of all, I should explain why I voted Cherub last minute without any explanation. I might've presented more of my case if I was around, but I had to just post the last minute from my phone.
Cherub was the first and only one to proceed with a vote, late enough in the game, and it was on Jsach, who softclaimed that he had a name he would not like to claim just after I said that whoever is Quagsire shouldn't claimed because the doc is an important PR (basically he softclaimed doc there). They also didn't share any actual information, basically CWACing the entire phase if not entire game. As for why I did it without prior notice, it was to not influence the lynch outcome in any undesirable way; when so few people are voting and ties result in everyone getting lynched, I didn't want to risk more so I made my move when no one would have the time to react.

4 people alive.
There should be 1 scum alive, Drowzee the Mafia Goon. If there were 2 scum alive they would've reached parity and should've won.
Finally, there might be another indep, in particular that SK Murasaki was talking about. But tonight there was only one death instead of two, but that could've also been because of the Doctor.
So the game is either 2-1-1 or 3-1. I'd like to believe it's the latter else town is pretty screwed already, we've lost parity and are basically kingmakers between the indep and the scum.

The players left:
  1. @Lone_Garurumon
  2. @Zexy
  3. @Kyriaki
  4. @Doctor Floptopus
I'll need to re-read everyone soon, however what I remember off the top of my head for all three of you is that you've been quite inactive :(

Also thanks for the money @Jsach :D I'm gonna need it if town needs a way to win this game -_- :p

I will admit that yes, I have been rather inactive. 4 games at once was not the greatest choice of my mafia career.

The revelation that Murasaki was the Medium makes me think they were trying to tell us something with the whole "There might be a second SK theory". Maybe the second SK figured they might as well help Town since they couldn't win anymore. Murasaki never gave a name though, and that feels like something they'd give out. So who really knows?

As to what I think of the people remaining

Zexy: High Town lean. It might just be 'cause the loudest ones look best, but he looks to be trying pretty much the hardest out of everybody here right now. I can't see scum trying as hard as he's been. Plus his thoughts on Cookie make sense.

Lone: Absolute scum, lynch this instant.

@Doctor Floptopus: Doctor Who? She made two posts in D1, one of which was just a vote with no context (probably a joke), the other informed us of the Jester. Very, very slight Town lean because she told us about the Jester, but that's all.

@Kyriaki: Again, who? She's a sub, who hasn't said anything since subbing in, whose previous form made literally zero game relevant posts before asking for a sub out. It is literally impossible for my read on her to be any more null. That said, 100% null is still the worst read I have.

Vote: Kyriaki

I would very much like to hear from the two tagged users above.

Sorryz for being late

The rules state I can Nameclaim. I'm Wigglytuff... not that it would matter much, but since its late-game and maf is Drowzee best try and clear myself.

GG guys. And for some reason, I always end up as D2/N2 kill in the past Mafia games I played (except the sub I did in the ToS mafia)... Wishing all the teams luck.

The revelation that Murasaki was the Medium makes me think they were trying to tell us something with the whole "There might be a second SK theory". Maybe the second SK figured they might as well help Town since they couldn't win anymore. Murasaki never gave a name though, and that feels like something they'd give out. So who really knows?
You might be overthinking that, if he had info he would've just outed it imo.

I'd rather be a bit more cautious about the Wigglytuff claim, it's the only thing that slot has ever done so how much we may want to believe that or not is debatable.
At the very least, I would like to hear from @Doctor Floptopus before putting a vote. We've been missing her nameclaim too.

First off, I haven't been well, which is why I've been away.
I am wigglytuff.
I would have claimed this earlier if not for the aforementioned illness.
I will give more information after asking the hosts a question, but for now:
Vote: Kyriaki

@Lone_Garurumon Game is solved :D They fell for the CC trap.
We now have 2 CCs, one of them must be the final scum. So we just 2-2 the votes, get them both lynched and win.

So for now I'm doing nothing as the votes are 1-1; if/when Kyriaki shows up to vote Flop, I'll vote Kyriaki.

I'm going to keep an eye on Zexy. Flop has only just shown up to CC the exact same character I have when there are other pokemon in Mystery Dungeon they could have claimed... and yet trying to tie the votes despite that suspivious behavior?

Vote: Flop

I didn't vote before because I wasn't sure who'd be mafia, but I am not going to let my CC kill me

EDIT: *facepalms* all players with the most votes will be lynched

Excuse me for not reading the rules carefully

Gg

Well, looks like it's one of the two.

Sounds like a plan Zexy. Just make sure you're here at phase update just in case she tries to vote-ninja. Since 3:30am is not very helpful for me.
Yeah I'll be checking both of them for potential ninja-ing, don't worry I'll be around.

So let's pull this off
VOTE: Kyriaki

What was this madness? - Endgame
Day 3 final vote count.
Kyriaki II (Zexy, Flop)
Flop II (Lone, Kyriaki)

Dear AussieEevee, You are Wigglytuff from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

150px-040Wigglytuff_PMD_Explorers.png

Known as the Grandmaster of your own guild, and a bit of a pushover on the Grass Continent. Not many fear you, but when you strike they are sure to regret that decision. However, normally you're quite the happy-go-lucky character and are all but subtle.

Due to this, you are the Loud Watcher / Tracker. As you want to know everything that is happening in your guild you can either choose to Watch or Track someone each night. You do so by typing the following command during the day for the next night phase: Command Chatot to track/watch on: [Playername]
However, the player you are targeting will know you have targeted them.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all opposing factions have been defeated.
Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are Dusknoir from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

pokemon-grovyle-dusknoir.jpg

You are the old and wise Dusknoir, famous for your wisdom and solo explorations on the Grass Continent. However you have a dark secret. You are from the future, just like the Player Character and are on a mission to take them back to the future and dispose of them.

However, this is only one step in the smaller scheme of things, due to your affiliation with the dark side, you are the Mafia Even Night Strongman every even night you execute the kill it counts as a strongman kill. Breaking through any protection on your target.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or this outcome is inevitable.
  • Kyriaki was lynched, they were Wifflytuff the Loud Watcher / Tracker
  • Doctor Floptopus was lynched, they were Dusknoir the Mafia Even Night Strongman

Because of this, All that's left is Zexy & Lone_Garurumon. Time for the last night.
-----------------------------
Night 3 recap.

Dear Zexy, You are Drowzee from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

latest

As innocent as people might believe you to be, your looks are all so deceiving. After having kidnapped a small Azurill from Treasure Town, you revealed your true intentions to the Player Character, that of a cold blooded thief.

Due to your deeds, you are the Mafia Goon. Your power is your vote, both for the lynch and the mafia night kill.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or this outcome is inevitable.
"Huh, What? You're telling me you fucked up the PM delivery on thread start? Zexy got the wrong role?! What have you done! hm. I see. Well guess we better show the real one..."
Dear Zexy, You are Drowzee from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

latest

As innocent as people might believe you to be, your looks are all so deceiving. After having kidnapped a small Azurill from Treasure Town, you revealed your true intentions to the Player Character, that of a cold blooded thief.

Even though you have done many evil deeds, you in the end still help out Azurill escape from their nightmare. You might've succumbed to the dark side, but are not truly one of theirs. Because of this, you are The Crazy Old Man. You believe you are a mafia goon, but in actuality you're a member of the town. Any factional kill actions performed by you are instead performed by a random member of the mafia. Due to being in the mafia chat, you can not participate in the game after your death in any way shape or form.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all opposing factions have been defeated.

Meaning that all that's left is, our winner @Lone_Garurumon !
Dear Lone_Garurumon, You are Yveltal from Super Mystery Dungeon

e20f987e5dc5ad58c741a926d6ded264.jpg

You are the secondary antagonist of the Super Mystery Dungeon games, not only have you turned dozens of Pokemon to stone, you have tried to kill the Player Characters but failed.

Since your job is to kill everyone you are The Serial Killer Every day you put in a kill action for you to execute at night, and you will attempt to turn them to stone, silencing your target for good. You do this by typing: Obviously, Oblivion Wing on: [Playername] in this role pm.

You are aligned with your self and only win when every opposing faction has been defeated, or this is inevitable.

Meaning our two winners are:
Lone_Garurumon and Neon Borealis!

Congrats guys!

A list of questions, and what answers were submitted can be found right here.
We have had to tweak some things, so if the answers say something different then what actually happened that's why. We tried to keep in everything we could though! :)

This game was chaotic, but very fun to watch unfold. Sadly we had to modkill 2 indeps :\ but that happens with these wacky rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have a few questions for y'all though!
Code:
1. What did you think about the concept of the game, picking a rule between multiple choice questions?
1a. Would you pick the rules in any other way, f.e. asking "what is the rule regarding X" and instead of giving options taking open answers etc.
1b. What did you think about letting people decide "rules" in regards to the setup?

2. This was the first game where I tried to put at least some effort into role PMs ^-^, Did you like what I did? Or do you prefer less pokememes/puns in there ;)

3. Did you think this game was a fun gimmick for one time use, or would you like to see this type of game return, maybe in like a year or so! :)
Thanks everyone for playing! I hope you had fun!

PS: Sorry not sorry Zexy for your role <3 (PSSSHT it was Cheff's idea).

:O

This is what I get for carrying the entire mafia team until the end -_- This might be THE most Bastard game I've ever seen, and I've seen another game with a townie that thought they were mafia (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Mafia, Soulmaster, June 2014)

I still enjoyed a lot playing as scum alongside you, Darth and Flop... sorry THIS happened.
Well played, Neon and LG.

I'll say thanks to Cheff and Dylan for hosting but GUYS, WTF WITH THAT ROLE

1. What did you think about the concept of the game, picking a rule between multiple choice questions?
The idea of picking rules was good. But not in a setup-influencing way.
1a. Would you pick the rules in any other way, f.e. asking "what is the rule regarding X" and instead of giving options taking open answers etc.
Nah, that would make it more of a mess.
1b. What did you think about letting people decide "rules" in regards to the setup?
Those are not "rules" and I didn't really like it happening, but I guess it added to the mess that was this game :)
2. This was the first game where I tried to put at least some effort into role PMs ^-^, Did you like what I did? Or do you prefer less pokememes/puns in there ;)
They were cool. As long as they don't have hidden parts :p
3. Did you think this game was a fun gimmick for one time use, or would you like to see this type of game return, maybe in like a year or so! :)
Please bring it back! But next time we'll know what we're getting into, full on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom