• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

Searching Youtube for the latest game trailers
You buy things purely for the sake of getting a Pokemon figure/toy
Your favourite 18th birthday present was Pokemon Platinum and its game guide
You check serebii.net everyday

Ahh, guilty of all of these

When your grandfather gives you $75 in cash for Christmas and you decide to save it for HGSS. Yes, this is me.

when your sister tries to ask you a question and you say "i cant understand you, it doesnt relate to Pokemon"

You work for this company:
gallade_header_05.gif

In case you were wondering, yes, this is a real company but other than the name I cannot see a connection between Gallade the Pokémon and Gallade Chemical.

Granted the emblem does look vaguely like a Gallade's head...

2. When you turn around and stare at someone when they say "It's misty out" or "That's a huge pile of ashes" (guilty)

It's real bad for me in May... did you think of the character or the month when you read that? I see the girl first. Lol... Broccoli. I always look up when I hear that too.

1-...You will die from boredom without regular poke-stimulation
2-...You argue with friends and family about various shippings.(This is my sister and i when it comes to penguin vs. ikarishipping. I penguin, she ikaris):argue:
3. you lie awake at night wondering if suicune/enti/rako are dogs, cats, or just beasts.
4. You don't use HM slaves because you worry that it would make them feel bad about thier existance.
5. You don't want to pick a starter in HG/SS because you don't want any of them to go to the abusive Silver (guilty already)

Last edited:
You write crossover fanfics between Pokemon and other shows you like. (Used to be guilty)
Your sleep schedule is off a lot because you wake up early to watch Pokemon. (Guilty....:embarass:)
You write a fanfic about your favorite COtD, hoping she will not be a COtD and will be back again. (Guilty--check out Star of the Show in the Fanfic forum here!)
You write a fanfic about your favorite shipping. (Soon to be guilty--look for an Ikarishipping story soon!)
You have created a slogan for your fave shipping. (Guilty. Ikarishipping, because DP is so perfect, there's a TV show named after it.)
You say "I Love You Missingno.!" multiple times daily. (Guilty.)
You see a sign that has the word "Advance" on it and you immediately think of Advanceshipping. (Guilty)
You see a street sign that says Hawk Bill Street and think of Falkner and Bill. Then you see one that says Jericho Road and think of Jirachi. (Guilty)

Last edited:
when you use an action replay to obtain the GB Sounds at the very beginning of hgss, because you cant stand the new music

When you have a separate house covered in posters, animation cels, standees and a Snap Station >_>

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

- When you know exactly who your rival would be, if you were a Pokemon trainer
- When you compare species of Pokemon ot people you know
-When the thing you want the most for your Sweet 16 is the first GSC volume of Pokemon Special.
-When you're wearing a Pokemon shirt in a school picture (sure it was when I was a much younger Ferocia... but still...)

Shouldn't this be in forum games?

Yeah, so get someone to move it over there.

... you cry over you lost/broken Pokemon game.
... you liek mudkipz. (Guilty)
... your favorite month is May.
... you bring your Pokewalker to school and show it off to friends every day. (Guilty) :3

-you stay awake every night trying to get your favorite pokemon's stats up
-you talk to yourself about pokemon
-you have bokks, posters (ect) about pokemon
-your wallpaper on any electronic device

You're not surprised that this thread keeps getting revived. (Guilty. It died in January.)

You picture what people from your life, even celebrities would own if Pokemon was real (Guilty)

You picture while walking down the road and being challenged to a Pokemon battle (Guilty)

You ask nothing but Pokemon stuff on your birthday (Guilty)

*You constantly defend every aspect of the anime in regards to the anime logic (guilty)
*Have your friends yell at you for saying "Bunneary" all the time (guilty)
*Have your friends miss it when you said "Bunneary" when your Bunneary Evolved (guilty)
*Yelled at your Pokémon to Dodge, and being sad when it didn't (guilty)
*Configured every writing program you had on your computer to instantly change "Pokemon" to "Pokémon" (Yep Yep)
*Sat down with a bunch of friends figuring out the best moves to teach a Pokémon that was named after a male organ (guilty, Gunk Shot, Splash, Pound, and the ever popular Harden)

...you buy a game that's not in your language because you want an early taste of it. (Guilty.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom