• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

...you organize a "Save the Wailmers" demonstration.

...you actually go to the "Save the Wailmers" demonstration.

...you get the word "wheedle" on a vocab list and immediately ask why we're studying Pokemon.

(Guilty...)

You forget to eat because of playing one of the games.

Very guilty back in the day.

You wake up on a weekend, start daydreaming about pokémon battles (in the game, not real life) and you think they are actually happening (as in you actually think your playing your DS)
Then you come back to reality and think, why am I sitting here?
You then grab your DS and start playing for real.

Has happened to me lots of times...

... You spend the majority of your day thinking about Pokémon, on Pokémon forums, doing sprite art, making trainer cards, writing a Pokémon fan-fic, browsing Bulbapedia, working on your own Pokémon text RPG or playing the games. (Guilty. This is pretty much what I do. Even though I should be working and being a responsible adult.)

... You spend the majority of your day thinking about Pokémon, on Pokémon forums, doing sprite art, making trainer cards, writing a Pokémon fan-fic, browsing Bulbapedia, working on your own Pokémon text RPG or playing the games. (Guilty. This is pretty much what I do. Even though I should be working and being a responsible adult.)

You just summarized me perfectly!

..When you attempt to make Youtube videos using your figures and a Pokemon D/P Playset. Oh so guilty of this. :)

...you write song parodies a la "Weird Al" Yankovic about Pokemon.

Guilty almost a dozen times over.

Guilty Of 8,37,43,46.
New Reasons:
52.) You Make Up A Region Of Pokemon. (Guilty Twice)
53.) You Constantly Mutter Multiple Theme Songs To Yourself. (Guitly, Mostly Songs 8,10,11,12)
54.) You Make Up A Fully Developed Pokemon Non-Electronic RPG. (Guilty) (You're Ten Times As Guilty If It Is Electronic)
55.) You Compare Your Pets To Pokemon To See What They Most Look Like. (Guilty, They Look Like Arcanine, Poochyena And Glameow)

You start daydreaming in class about certain type combinations that haven't been done yet and wonder how they'll fair against known Pokemon. Then getting excited when you find a type combination with next to no weaknesses; Steel/Ghost with levitate?

You try to create a type chart to put at the front cover of your binder for convenience of above. I now have it memorized.

You have all 649 Pokemon sprites, nature chart, and elemental types chart on your iPod touch for reference.

You doodle Tsutarja everywhere you get the chance.

You get your younger cousins to like Pokemon, and then tell cousins the same age as you that you've effectively recruited/converted them.

You want to make a Pokeball in order to throw it at unsuspecting people.

I know I probably have a lot more, but let me just take this moment to take a breather from my Pokemon obsession.

Steel And Ghost With Levitate Would Be Weak To Fire, OH YEAH!!! (Yeah, I'm Weird)

You spend a good portion of your free time carefully thinking of and constantly refining your theory on how the pokemon world works and makes sense based on your increasing knowledge of science as you progress in school and making sure to fill in any and all plot holes that arise(very guilty).

You spend a good portion of your free time carefully thinking of and constantly refining your theory on how the pokemon world works and makes sense based on your increasing knowledge of science as you progress in school and making sure to fill in any and all plot holes that arise(very guilty).

Guilty of that as well. Taking Chemistry in high school is definitely changing my outlook and logical reasoning of the world (and thus, changes the Pokemon World as well).

... when you put 950 hours in a Pokemon game to feel the full experience of the Pokemon World in a hope of one day living there. It is pretty sad but I was young when I thought this (Not true).

... when you put on a karate suit, get some spoons from the kitchen, and try to bend them with your mind, 'like Sabrina'. COMPLETELY GUILTY! (but when I was 6)

When you have a dream that you have to climb to the top of a skyscraper (Up the side of the building)to get a silver briefcase. And once you have the briefcase, you have to climb all the way back down. When you slip and fall, your first priority is to hang onto the briefcase with both hands (So you don't drop it in panic), instead of grabbing onto something to save you. And when you think your life is about to come to an end, and you're 10-15 feet off the ground, something jumps up and catches you. Then, when you look to see who's holding you, there's a lucario in your face. You and the lucario run to a small building surrounded by newer, taller buildings, and hide there for a while until another member of Team Rocket comes to collect you and the briefcase. And you're very upset when you wake up BEFORE you find out what was actually in it. :\

When you named one of your pet dog "eevee"(guilty even thought eevee is long dead)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom