• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

You have a dream about a Ho-oh creating a triple rainbow and commencing the apocalypse. I wish I were kidding about this.

In a similar vein, you know you're obsessed with internet memes when your first thought when you read that was "Triple rainbow all the way"

Anyways, you know you're way too into Pokémon when you wonder what Pokémon the personas used by various internet celebreties would use (So far, I have Heracross (Blue Beetle) and either Kibago, its first evolved form, or a Gen IV fossil Pokémon (They all have something to do with the zords of one of the original Power Rangers) for Linkara, and members of the Riguree, Voltorb, Porygon, Magneton lines or some sort of Fossil Pokémon for Dr. Insano (since they're all science-y).)

1: You Make/edit Your own/Orignal theme songs. (I do)

2: In School, You will change your seat to your best freind's seat who is a poke fan too and play pokemon with him (battles, story).Everyday. (I (really) do)

3: you will try to learn and complete the pokerap (hoenn, sinnoh & isshu). (only learn, i do)

4: you will daydream with your favorite char travelling with ash's group in whichever region. (i... do!)

5: You are willing to kill cartoon network if they startagain/closedown pokemon anime while they are dubbing the next season. (i do.)

you see, i do. i also do the numbers (16, 26, 48, 59, 66,& maybe 67) of the first pages. i did not look ahead.:banana:

When you consider starting a mass murder of all the Pokemon haters in the world....

.....erk, guilty. He he...he...he...

When you swear like a drunken salior when your friends gets a critcal hit and kills your best sweeper (guilty)

When you also spent 4 hours talking about pokemon even thought this is you best friend that you have not seen in 8 months(guilty)

You play Arceus's Theme on your desk, using it like a drum.

You have contemplated buying a tin whistle so you can play Dialga's Theme (PMD II) and other Pokémon music. <Seriously, a store near me sells tin whistles and I contemplated doing that...until I realized that I cannot read music nor play an instrument...>

... When you sleep with a giant Bulbasaur plushie.[/sad]

... When you want to come up with evolutions for Jynx, Mawile, and Sableye.

... When you start going on Pixiv again for Will fan–art to save in your folders.

... When you call your cat "Mew" by accident.

... When you would collect a fruit roll–up pic of a Pichu from your wrapper and keep it for yourself.

... When your start dressing up like Yellow from the PokeSpe. manga for Halloween.

... When you have tons of plushies/toys in your room.

... When you always bring a stupid BK toy of Kabuto to a pool and pretend it's using water gun on your enemies.

... When you and your cousins pretend to be Pokemon WHILE in a pool. (I was a Vaeporeon. :S)

... When you steal all your cousin's Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh stuff.

... When you have TWO Shadow Lugia posters in your room. (Along with Hamtaro and Hello Kitty...)

Is there another version of this thread except with Pokemon, anything in general? xD

I know someone who is guilty of these:
- You wish to have a date with a Gardevoir (even if it is a male one).
- You cry when watching any Pokemon movie.

I'm guilty or semi-guilty of:
- You LOL when reading posts in this thread (and find yourself guilty).
- You are responsible of making 50% or more of your classmates playing Pokemon.
- You cry when watching some of the Pokemon movie.
- You cry when watching the first episode "Pokémon, I Choose You!" after years you watched it at the first time.
- You spend whole nights only for Pokemon (game, anime, looking for shipping pictures, whatever).
- You think the best topic for a daily conversation is a Pokemon related topic.
- You know Japan, mostly, because of Pokemon.
- You have the Pokerap memorized (and proud of it).
- You can identify every single Pokemon and their evolutions (and proud of it).
- You memorized the type chart (and proud of it).
- You relate any animal to its Pokemon counterpart.
- You think you know the most about Pokemon in your school.
- You are 17 or more.

- When you put your Pokemon action figures in the Christmas tree like ornaments. (My brother is guilty)
- When you name your pets after Pokemon.

The foe's DIALGA used Roar of Time!

DODUO held on using its Focus Sash!

DODUO used Endeavor!

*next turn*

DODUO used Quick Attack!

It's not very effective...

The foe's Dialga fainted!

... When you have tons of plushies/toys in your room.

... When you and your cousins pretend to be Pokemon WHILE in a pool. (I was a Vaeporeon. :S)

... When you steal all your cousin's Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh stuff.

1: Guilty. What's more, I'm actually getting plushes of Zoroark, Snivy, Tepig, Koffing, Tentacool, and Zubat, and Venonat and Venomoth figures for Christmas.

2: Guilty, but years and years ago. My cousin pretended to be a Goldeen, if memory serves, and I was pretending to be a Seadra.

3: Semi guilty; not ALL of it, just his Machamp figure. And his Sandslash figure. And Poliwhirl. And Poliwrath.

Now then...

...When you catch a Caterpie on Yellow and evolve it all the way to Butterfree, all while having dental work done.

...When you have a picture of Weezing you made entirely out of colored duct tape.

...When you constantly search the internet for a plush version of your favorite Pokemon... And your favorite Pokemon is Weezing.

...When you know for a fact that Weezing gets Psybeam as an egg move.

...When you actually spell Qwilfish correctly 100% of the time, not counting the times when you misspell it intentionally to demonstrate how people do that.

...When you spend your time between classes EV training Pokemon.

...When you have a level 100 Skill Link Shellder with Rock Blast and Icicle Spear all trained up and ready, in anticipation of teaching it Shell Blade and Shell Break in Black version, then evolving it into a Cloyster and using it as a physical sweeper.

...When you spent the past week EV training a Butterfree, a Beautifly, a Dustox, and a Mothim, all in anticipation of teaching them Butterfly Dance in Black version.

...When you wear more than one Pokewalker on your belt every day, and wear them to college.

...When you actually turn your hat backwards whenever you're about to use a Poké Ball in the games and/or Pokewalker.

...When you were on the verge of rioting on November 22nd when they didn't reveal Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott's names at the stroke of midnight. Or in the morning. Or at noon. And so on and so forth.

...When you chose your B/W starter roughly four seconds after seeing them for the first time.

...When you do all of the necessary chain breeding to get a Bulbasaur with Sludge, solely because it's your favorite move. FYI, that involves breeding Weezing with Shellos, the resulting Shellos with Mudkip, and the resulting Mudkip with Bulbasaur. Yeah.

...When you chose your team for Black version based solely on pre-released Pokemon. And when your decision hasn't changed at all once all the Pokemon were released.

...When the number of Pokemon cards you own exceeds the number of calories you consume in a day.

...When the Riolu Egg you got from Riley and the Lucario you kicked Byron's ass with are one and the same.

...When you were the first one on any forum to point out after Munna was revealed that the lass in R/B/Y/FR/LG wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral Pokemon.

...You still have a Pokemon toy that came from Burger King in the 1990s.

...You've ever soft-reset for a shiny Pokemon.

...You have over 9 boxes worth of level 100 Pokemon.

...Your team on Shoddy Battle includes Arbok and Weezing.

...You raised a Wynaut from level 5 to level 100, without Exp. Share, hacking, or the daycare being involved in any way.

...Your battle against the champion in Yellow version finished with your Pikachu finishing your rival's Jolteon with Thunderbolt.

...During aformentioned battle, you yelled out "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!".

...You've ever woken up in the middle of the night, yelling "Weezing, Sludge attack!".

...You've ever let loose a string of swearwords due to something that happened in a Pokemon game.

...You retrieve your Weezing that was in your now-destroyed Pokewalker and immediately hug your DS.

...You have more Pokewalkers clipped to your belt than you have copies of HeartGold and/or SoulSilver.

...It is impossible to fit all of your Pokemon games in the same case.

...Any of your Pokemon gained over 85 levels in the daycare alone.

...At least two of your shinies were obtained on your birthday.

...You still own a Pokemon Mini and at least three games for it.

...You know for a fact that it is possible to get a Dusknoir with Mega Kick.

...You constantly fantasize about how your life would be if Pokemon was real.

...You've ever used Wite-Out and red ink to turn a toy Poké Ball into a Premier Ball.

...Putting the accent over the e in "Pokémon" is second nature to you by now.

...Your Pokemon card collection fills up at least 8 binders.

...You buy booster packs of Pokémon cards out of that vending machine in the grocery store in spite of the outrageous price.

...You buy a Pokemon figure out of aforementioned vending machine, it gets stuck in the machine, and your first instinct is to headbutt it.

...You count Flaaffy when you can't sleep.

...You have more shiny Pokemon than you have articles of clothing.

...You consider shiny hunting to be the ultimate thrill.

...Your idea of living dangerously is looking for shiny Pokemon in the Safari Zone.

...You have at least 19 legitimately obtained Master Balls in one game.

...You can't remember which of the four shiny Linoone in your PC was the shiny Zigzagoon that was your first shiny ever.

...You don't know what took longer; obtaining a shiny Eevee or deciding what to evolve it into.

...In preparation for Diamond and Pearl, you raised a Sneasel to level 99 and nicknamed it Weavile.

...Part of the reason you were teased in grade school was because your favorite Pokemon was Wobbuffet.

...You knew what your team would be in HG/SS before the games were even announced.

...You organize a Pokemon battle tournament for when your relatives visit for Christmas.

...You have a driver's license, no credit cards, and at least twenty Pokemon games.

...Whenever you realize that you hate mowing the lawn, you wish you had a Rotom to do it for you.

...You have 60 ribbons on one Pokemon.

...You've ever traded your cousin a rare Pokemon as a birthday gift.

...You own a shiny Rattata in Rumble that didn't involve entering a password.

...Your parents don't let you name family pets out of fear that you'll name them after a Pokemon.

...The vast majority of your dreams involve Pokemon.

...You did not worry too much over what to evolve your shiny Tyrogue into because you had three of them.

...You're only two away from your goal of obtaining all shiny Eeveelutions.

...Your only motivation for getting a GameCube was Pokemon Colosseum.

...Roughly 1/4 of your PC space is occupied by shiny Pokemon.

...The background on your phone depicts one of your shiny Pokemon. Or a Weezing.

...You routinely restart Generation III games after Pal Parking over the Master Ball.

...You could retire by selling your Pokemon card collection on ebay.

...You've ever defeated Roxanne with nothing but a Dustox.

...You know for a fact that Intimidate Fire Fang Arbok is a reliable Scizor counter.

...Your idea of a great time involves a Pokemon battle.

...You have so many different ID numbers that you always win something in the lottery.

...You own no less than three shiny Haunter in Rumble.

...You yawn on purpose to try to make people sleepy.

...You can't find your bed beneath all your Pokemon plushes.

...You prominently display Pokemon figures anywhere in your room.

...You've ever finished Brock's Onix off with a Caterpie.

...You got your Pokedex and evolved your starter, but not in that order.

With a mustache.

Last edited:
When you set aside $100 to preorder Pokémon White Version and buy all the strategy guides for it. You do this even though you have to figure out how you going to pay to have your wisdom teeth removed and get braces. (Guilty.)

...When you constantly search the internet for a plush version of your favorite Pokemon... And your favorite Pokemon is Weezing.

Lickilicky <3

...When the Riolu Egg you got from Riley and the Lucario you kicked Byron's ass with are one and the same.

...You've ever let loose a string of swearwords due to something that happened in a Pokemon game.

...You don't know what took longer; obtaining a shiny Eevee or deciding what to evolve it into.

...You know for a fact that Intimidate Fire Fang Arbok is a reliable Scizor counter.

With a mustache.

The one's I've done

Epic List is epic

With a mustache.

When your friend calls the Psychic type the "Physic" type and you don't whether to laugh or cry.

When your hear the name Jasmine and an image of the Disney Princess isn't what pops into your head...

When you die a little inside every time someone pronounces it "Pokeymon".

When you spend four consecutive hours looking at shipping pictures.

When you can hum pretty much every city/route music in the main series games (save the ones with a billion different instruments).

When you listen to the B/W soundtrack religiously.

When you try and pay attention in geography class and suddenly your mind wanders to "crap, forgot to water my berries this morning".

All guilty.

When you start crying when it's time to delete the data from a game from after generation II because the pokemon look so realistic.

When you do the above action and chant 'they're going to a better place, they're going to a better place' just to get through the deletion process alive.

When you check Bulbanews and nearly sob if there's no updates.

When you save before every Gym battle so you can find the cruelest and most degrading way to beat the leader's pokemon up, MULTIPLE TIMES.

I'm guilty of them all. Even the last one, because I don't care about a pokemon unless it's been raised by ME.

The foe's DIALGA used Roar of Time!

DODUO held on using its Focus Sash!

DODUO used Endeavor!

*next turn*

DODUO used Quick Attack!

It's not very effective...

The foe's Dialga fainted!

1: Guilty. What's more, I'm actually getting plushes of Zoroark, Snivy, Tepig, Koffing, Tentacool, and Zubat, and Venonat and Venomoth figures for Christmas.

2: Guilty, but years and years ago. My cousin pretended to be a Goldeen, if memory serves, and I was pretending to be a Seadra.

3: Semi guilty; not ALL of it, just his Machamp figure. And his Sandslash figure. And Poliwhirl. And Poliwrath.

Now then...

...When you catch a Caterpie on Yellow and evolve it all the way to Butterfree, all while having dental work done.

...When you have a picture of Weezing you made entirely out of colored duct tape.

...When you know for a fact that Weezing gets Psybeam as an egg move.

...When you actually spell Qwilfish correctly 100% of the time, not counting the times when you misspell it intentionally to demonstrate how people do that.

...When you spend your time between classes EV training Pokemon.

...When you have a level 100 Skill Link Shellder with Rock Blast and Icicle Spear all trained up and ready, in anticipation of teaching it Shell Blade and Shell Break in Black version, then evolving it into a Cloyster and using it as a physical sweeper.

...When you spent the past week EV training a Butterfree, a Beautifly, a Dustox, and a Mothim, all in anticipation of teaching them Butterfly Dance in Black version.

...When you wear more than one Pokewalker on your belt every day, and wear them to college.

...When you actually turn your hat backwards whenever you're about to use a Poké Ball in the games and/or Pokewalker.

...When you were on the verge of rioting on November 22nd when they didn't reveal Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott's names at the stroke of midnight. Or in the morning. Or at noon. And so on and so forth.

...When you chose your B/W starter roughly four seconds after seeing them for the first time.

...When you do all of the necessary chain breeding to get a Bulbasaur with Sludge, solely because it's your favorite move. FYI, that involves breeding Weezing with Shellos, the resulting Shellos with Mudkip, and the resulting Mudkip with Bulbasaur. Yeah.

...When you chose your team for Black version based solely on pre-released Pokemon. And when your decision hasn't changed at all once all the Pokemon were released.

...When the number of Pokemon cards you own exceeds the number of calories you consume in a day.

...When you were the first one on any forum to point out after Munna was revealed that the lass in R/B/Y/FR/LG wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral Pokemon.

...You still have a Pokemon toy that came from Burger King in the 1990s.

...You have over 9 boxes worth of level 100 Pokemon.

...Your team on Shoddy Battle includes Arbok and Weezing.

...You raised a Wynaut from level 5 to level 100, without Exp. Share, hacking, or the daycare being involved in any way.

...Your battle against the champion in Yellow version finished with your Pikachu finishing your rival's Jolteon with Thunderbolt.

...During aformentioned battle, you yelled out "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!".

...You've ever woken up in the middle of the night, yelling "Weezing, Sludge attack!".

...You retrieve your Weezing that was in your now-destroyed Pokewalker and immediately hug your DS.

...You have more Pokewalkers clipped to your belt than you have copies of HeartGold and/or SoulSilver.

...At least two of your shinies were obtained on your birthday.

...You still own a Pokemon Mini and at least three games for it.

...You constantly fantasize about how your life would be if Pokemon was real.

...You've ever used Wite-Out and red ink to turn a toy Poké Ball into a Premier Ball.

...Putting the accent over the e in "Pokémon" is second nature to you by now.

...Your Pokemon card collection fills up at least 8 binders.

...You buy booster packs of Pokémon cards out of that vending machine in the grocery store in spite of the outrageous price.

...You buy a Pokemon figure out of aforementioned vending machine, it gets stuck in the machine, and your first instinct is to headbutt it.

...You count Flaaffy when you can't sleep.

...You have more shiny Pokemon than you have articles of clothing.

...You consider shiny hunting to be the ultimate thrill.

...Your idea of living dangerously is looking for shiny Pokemon in the Safari Zone.

...You have at least 19 legitimately obtained Master Balls in one game.

...You can't remember which of the four shiny Linoone in your PC was the shiny Zigzagoon that was your first shiny ever.

...In preparation for Diamond and Pearl, you raised a Sneasel to level 99 and nicknamed it Weavile.

...Part of the reason you were teased in grade school was because your favorite Pokemon was Wobbuffet.

...You knew what your team would be in HG/SS before the games were even announced.

...You organize a Pokemon battle tournament for when your relatives visit for Christmas.

...You have a driver's license, no credit cards, and at least twenty Pokemon games.

...Whenever you realize that you hate mowing the lawn, you wish you had a Rotom to do it for you.

...You have 60 ribbons on one Pokemon.

...You've ever traded your cousin a rare Pokemon as a birthday gift.

...You own a shiny Rattata in Rumble that didn't involve entering a password.

...Your parents don't let you name family pets out of fear that you'll name them after a Pokemon.

...The vast majority of your dreams involve Pokemon.

...You did not worry too much over what to evolve your shiny Tyrogue into because you had three of them.

...You're only two away from your goal of obtaining all shiny Eeveelutions.

...Your only motivation for getting a GameCube was Pokemon Colosseum.

...Roughly 1/4 of your PC space is occupied by shiny Pokemon.

...The background on your phone depicts one of your shiny Pokemon. Or a Weezing.

...You routinely restart Generation III games after Pal Parking over the Master Ball.

...You could retire by selling your Pokemon card collection on ebay.

...You've ever defeated Roxanne with nothing but a Dustox.

...Your idea of a great time involves a Pokemon battle.

...You have so many different ID numbers that you always win something in the lottery.

...You own no less than three shiny Haunter in Rumble.

...You can't find your bed beneath all your Pokemon plushes.

...You prominently display Pokemon figures anywhere in your room.

...You got your Pokedex and evolved your starter, but not in that order.

With a mustache.

...when you actually take the time to type all this out.

-When you look EVERYWHERE in your school's library to find a Pokémon book, and get (silently) really dissapointed when there isn't. (Guilty as heck. My elementary school had some Pokémon books, and my middle school doesn't :sweat:)
-When your pet parrot flies around your room, you sometimes yell "(Parrot's name) used Fly!" (Guilty)

...When your Ditto is Lv 100 just through Daycare. (Guilty.)
...When you read 100 chapters of Fanfiction in one day. (Also guilty.)
...When you greet your friends with "Trainer Niall wants to Battle!" (Occasionally Guilty.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom