• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

- you search pet shops within a 1 hour range for any fish that looks like remoraid, magikarp, feebas or relicanth (guilty of magikarp in local pet shop, and successful)
- you name a rat rattata
- you've named an eeveelution for every type (guilty on my youtube channel, here if you want proof: Duskhero3000's Channel - YouTube)
- you stare at a chandelier just in case...
- you look for rayquaza or ho-oh in the sky (guilty)
- drugs and pokeballs are the only thing you need to have an amazing night (luckily not guilty, but seen it)

...you count your DS games and half of them are Pokemon games. (overly guilty)
...you plan your life living in the Pokemon world (more guilty than you'd think)
...your wish upon a star is obvious to most over Pokemon fans (maybe guilty?)

you want to be a pokemon character for halloween u_u
(probably gonna be White, but who knows)

• People beg you to play Pokémon for 4 years, but you can't afford any of the games because you don't get an allowance and don't save money, so you play cheaper Pokémon ripoffs (guilty)
• You start wishing that tv shows would work Pokémon puns into the script (guilty)
• 90% of your time on the Internet is related to Pokémon. (guilty)
• You encourage your closest friends to play Pokémon, and even offer to pay for their games so they can trade with you. (GUILTY)
• You sometimes talk to people in Pokétalk, and then refuse to explain. (guilty)
• You absently try to draw random Pokémon on desks at school, but they usually look hideous. (guilty)
• You introduce your Dad to Pokémon so he wont call you lazy.
• You assign the starter that best suits them to practically every character, and even some real life people too. (guilty)
• You refer to yourself as a 'hardcore gamer and that's it' because you don't watch the Anime and only read one specific chapter of one specific manga because it directly corresponds to your first and favorite game. You do not have any physical copies of this manga, so you read it online. (GUILTY!)
I only read the HeartGold and SoulSilver chapter of pokéspecial and I still don't like Crystal. Someday I want a psychopath character to put her and Green (girl) in their place.

Last edited:
-You scramble to find a Reshiram on the GTS so you can trade for a Golett in Canada... simply because the trainer offering it was named Luke. (Very guilty.)
-You grin for an hour after the trade goes through because you can say that technically, you have Luke's Golett. (Again, guilty.)
-You give said Golett a moveset similar to Luke's Golett from BW. (Take me to jail for I am totally guilty on that one!)

You start shipping people based not only on their personality, but on the starter you assign to them. (guilty since Tuesday)

You then name this shipping, first checking on Bulbapedia to ensure the name is not in use. (guilty man!)

1. tough it out through the bullying in school until it becomes "retro" and cool again.. but still love it just as much if not more ♥
2. dress like pikachu and go to the store and not answer to anyone that doesn't call you pikachu!

When you have an Unown alphabet card you got back in 2001 after preordering Crystal in your wallet alongside your credit cards, coupons and transit passes.

- You spend time training to have an awesome throw (GUILTY)
- You imagine how epic it would be if you send out your HO-OH for the first time in an official battle (GUILTY)
[Volcanoes will emerge, lava would come out from underneath, it will rain fire]
- You tell your friends and family about Pokémon even though they don't really care (GUILTY)
- You imagine how school would be if you can bring real-life Pokémon with you (GUILTY)

You sleep with Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidbook under your pillow. (Guilty.)

When you have about 50 Pokemon plushies.... ans still feel that's no where near enough (So, so guilty of this)
When you've been listening to way too much Japanese Pokemon music lately (seriously, on the bus, in the car, when I play Minecraft. ._.)

When you spend a lot of time on Pokemon Amie playing the games and feeding your Pokemon Poke-puffs instead of going out to battle. (Guilty, but it paid off in the end. :D)

When you get all excited seeing references of it in what you do (Like in AdventureQuest Worlds' Current events with the Battlecon and this years Friday the 1th event)

When you have a wall dedicated to Pokemon.everything

When you sleep in a bed with Pokemon sheets under.two official Pokemon blankets and a blanket.made.yourself because you did not have enough Pokemon stuff.

When your phones home screen has nothing.on it because you don't want to cover up the Pokemon pictures you have as wallpaper.

When you spend your time listening to Pokemon music instead of whatever.else you need to do.

When you say Girafarig every time you see a picture of a giraffe.

-When you watch a fight scene in a movie and say things like "Thor used Thunderbolt! It's super effective!" (So very, very, very and completely guilty...)

-When stuck in traffic you catch yourself thinking, "If only my Golurk were here. He'd fly me out of this in no time flat!" (So insanely guilty!)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom