• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You know you're a dumb Pokemon trainer if...

You use a Ditto without Imposter for the ability. (Well, Gen V and beyond, anyways...)

Much like a Talonflame without Gale Wings, a Greninja without Protean or a Scolipede without Speed Boost. There are probably more examples, but I'm too lazy to think of them now.

You use charm on a obvious special attacker.

Use taunt on a pokemon with no status moves.

*Try to breed dittos or legendaries (Ditto can not breed with ditto. I've done that :p and most legendaries can not breed either.)
*Go into a gym with only your HM slave or breeding slave pokemon in your party (Breeding slave is any pokemon with Flame Body)
To be fair, you were able to breed Dittos in Gen 2. I actually wonder since when Ditto-breeding became impossible.
And at least Flame Body has a chance to burn the opponent.

You hate Gary motherfucking Oak
I know this is old, but I was actually quite unimpressed with Gary in OS-Kanto. Any problems with that?

You'd be a dumb trainer if:
- you think a Shiny Pokémon is a legendary, or has guaranteed 5 max IVs.

You command your Seviper to use Sacred Fire.

You try to seismic toss a Dusclops

You bring Grotles to a Honchkrow fight

You lose to a level 5 Snivy with anything other than a fresh starter or a newly hatched pokemon.

You think you pretty much won when the battle is: your *insert Ice-type Pokémon* vs *opponent's Dragon-type*.

You run around trying to get the eggs from two Pokémon that are still in your party and not in the day care yet...

You run around trying to get the eggs from two Pokémon that are still in your party and not in the day care yet...

Or you put two males, two females or two 'mons that aren't in the same Egg Group in there...

Better yet you put two pokemon in the daycare and run around for a very long time for an egg... only to realize the pokemon you put in are the same gender.

You equip a choice band on a pokemon with no physical attacks.

You train your Torterra in speed without teaching it rock polish

You have no care in the world when your opponent's strongest physical attacker uses bulk up

You forget what attacks your opponent's pokemon have after seeing them

You equip a flame/toxic orb on your pokemon without the intention of tricking it onto your opponent, activating Guts or blocking status with Magic Guard.

You try to wall a Fire type with Ferrothorn outside of an Inverse Battle

You use Eerie Impulse on Contrary Serperior

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom