• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Nice work on the lynch! Now that I'm free from worrying about the dentist, I should be a little more in the right mindset to actually be active lol. no cavities

Kyriaki was the first vote on MCH (I think? I don't remember seeing one before that vote) and it wasn't a vote framed as a joke or a gentle prodding between scumbuddies imo, so I'm thinking Kyriaki is looking pretty good right now on that basis.

Knowing now that Max is almost assuredly town, part of me finds MegaPod's vote on Max interesting just for the fact that I absolutely could see scum wanting to take advantage of a misspoken comment like Max's knowing that he tends to be easy to incriminate with stuff like that and it could've been a smooth mislynch (and in fact may have happened that way had he not made his softclaim clear just in time). This kinda goes for Pika_pika as well. I get where their votes were coming from and it's good that they both provided reasoning and continued to question Max (and both did unvote once the claim came to light), but it does make me wonder. It's "interesting" in not necessarily a "SCUM!" way but a "not sure if I'm just paranoid or if I should keep this in the back of my mind going forward" kind of way.

That said, the later votes on Max are a bit worse, like jd's that pretty much rode MP's coattails in reasoning, and he didn't add much else the rest of the phase. I don't even remember seeing Space's vote while rereading, which isn't a good sign either since that likely means it didn't add much. Feenie's is a little better since she generally contributed more as a whole that phase than some of the other Max voters. The Light's vote was also bad, but I do remember that sometimes even as town he tends to make posts that kinda seem scummy with sheeping so I need to see more to get a better idea there, though his recent posts on this page actually seem genuine to me and not jumpy about being seen as suspicious, which is a good look. I think that was all the Max voters?

Officer Snake I'm so far reading as town; his vote on MCH was quite good in providing reasoning for it and building a case further, so I'm reading it as legitimate and not a very early bussing attempt.

Ereshkigal I'm seeing mentioned for the joking around and some other stuff, but I'm pretty sure I remember Ereshkigal getting into some hot water over similar jokes in past games way back, so it's not really alignment indicative to me so far.

Crystal Onix looks decent so far, I'd lean town since coming forth about the Nexus claim rather than letting potential chaos ensue from the nexus role feels like a pro-town action, since scum I feel like would rather let us get confused by it eventually, assuming the claim is legit.

Everyone else I need to look at more closely after a legit reread rather than the skim that I did to catch up.

so here's returnofmastercrazyhand's posts (well I left some out but I didn't think those were too important so yeah)

not sure if these can be analyzed considering it was only day 1 and not many people were speaking up, but maybe someone can pick something out of them

Vote: ereshkigal
While cynthia will always be best champion (unless you count red that is :p ) I cannot condone dissing steven.

Unvote: ereshkigal
While I think the bandwagon on max is a bit stupid right now I can’t deny that we have no better options right now, that being said I’m going to hold off on my vote until a more definite bandwagon forms

Because I think unless he digs himself deeper and/or someone even more scummy comes up, I’m going to hold off my vote. I don’t wanna vote anyone that doesn’t deserve it, and I feel max didn’t deserve it at that point in time. That being said he better defend himself pretty soon or it will be a real vote

And I did explain why I felt the bandwagon was stupid. I only vote those who deserve it, max doesn’t deserve it at that point in time.
But like I said if he failed to defend himself properly by the end of the day I’d vote him, and I’d hate to OMGUS but seeing as how the only other option right now is a self vote (Which was something I did back in the day when I would get paranoid at even a single vote even if I was town. But this is a derust for me, so I’m going to defend myself best as I can without getting paranoid).
Anyways, paranoia aside, I have to vote max, regardless of OMGUS, seeing as how he STILL has yet to defend himself.

Either way, unvote:max1996
Eresh’s reasoning seems sound, but the lack of a solid roleclaim is a cause for alarm. Either way I’m going to hold off on the vote

returnofmastercrazyhand seemed to mention ereshkigal quite a bit. i'm not really sure what this indicates (could be nothing but it's probably not good to assume that) but personally i dont think it makes ereshkigal look all that good. ereshkigal has been questionable anyway and this just adds a layer of scumminess imo

Have someone do an alignment check of me. And a role check if you want. I've got nothing to hide.

What I do have is a sweet, sweet role that allows me to annoy the everliving hell out of the Mafia.

2 thing about this post: the role check part seems more like an after thought. godfather is highly likely (just bc i dont think i havent seen one in a game but correct me if im wrong) so being role checked would be better. and the second thing is soft-claiming does no one any good (i think it was Lone_Garurumon who said softclaiming is just confusing and i agree)

That said, the later votes on Max are a bit worse

mine was the second vote

MoD Announcement

Hey everyone.

Just a friendly reminder that you may only edit posts if it's to fix a grammatical/spelling error or formatting error. If you wish to clarify or add to something from a previous post, you may post again and include those details in a new post. Edits that change content related to the game can be potential breaking. Thank you.

Wait, why am I seeing that post now??

Vote: ereshkigal
While cynthia will always be best champion (unless you count red that is :p ) I cannot condone dissing steven.
W.H.A.T.

Also, Steven is objectively terrible as a champion; he was so bad they replaced him in Emerald. None of the other Champions suffered such a disgrace.
Mafia confirmed.

I'm not certain about this... Care to roleclaim?

It's more tactically advantageous for Town if I keep that hidden. Until the Mafia confirms what role I am for themselves, they're left guessing what my abilities are; if I hard claim it, they'll figure out when it's best to nightkill me and when it's best to ignore me. In turn, that hinders how well I can counter some of their tactics.

Oh, and Caps coming in later and accusing me of CWACing for trying to build a case on why I thought MP was looking scummy, but leaves ereshkigal alone, when it seems like ereshkigal has CWAC'd more than anyone. That seems a bit odd to me. I wasn't just going to say, "Hey everyone, this player is scummy, let's lynch them," with absolutely no thought process to show.

I can be near impossible to read properly, in part because I design my persona for each game individually for that game. So, some games, I might be a bit more trollish when everything is hidden under the cover of darkness, but more serious when all is exposed in the light of day. Such actions are purely for my fun, though you never know when my actions and my words may contain hints to my role.

Honestly don't know what to make of Ereshkigal's posts. On one hand they're making some really odd remarks that make them come across as scummy, but at the same time they're bringing attention and that would almost make me think they're less scummy because of that? Ereshkigal did unvote Max pretty early I think, and I don't see why someone who was scum would do that when they could try to coast an easy lynch along - such as by saying "oh, he's jester or scum so let's go for this" or something like that.

I didn't unvote Max for just any reason, either; I probed Max to see how he'd react to what I said, and his reactions indicated to me he wasn't scum. I wasn't willing to lynch someone who wasn't scum. And, yes, I'm drawing attention, since I want the Mafia to know I'm not going to hide from them behind someone and will instead annoy them to their faces ;)

Ereshkigal I'm seeing mentioned for the joking around and some other stuff, but I'm pretty sure I remember Ereshkigal getting into some hot water over similar jokes in past games way back, so it's not really alignment indicative to me so far.

Crystal Onix looks decent so far, I'd lean town since coming forth about the Nexus claim rather than letting potential chaos ensue from the nexus role feels like a pro-town action, since scum I feel like would rather let us get confused by it eventually, assuming the claim is legit.

I got lynched once because of joking around, if I remember correctly >.> That doesn't mean I'm going to hide from the danger, though.

Yeah, I agree on Onix in all seriousness. Definitely town.

returnofmastercrazyhand seemed to mention ereshkigal quite a bit. i'm not really sure what this indicates (could be nothing but it's probably not good to assume that) but personally i dont think it makes ereshkigal look all that good. ereshkigal has been questionable anyway and this just adds a layer of scumminess imo

2 thing about this post: the role check part seems more like an after thought. godfather is highly likely (just bc i dont think i havent seen one in a game but correct me if im wrong) so being role checked would be better. and the second thing is soft-claiming does no one any good (i think it was Lone_Garurumon who said softclaiming is just confusing and i agree)

I don't hide from the fact I'm being a bit trollish. Besides, I plan to be a thorn in the side of the Mafia as long as I can. Each night phase is just going to make things more fun for me and make them wish more that they had taken me out already ;)

Speaking of which, contrary to what Caps said, it didn't seem like a bad move given the dire circumstances and impending lynch, for Max to just come out and roleclaim. I'd say it had become necessary.

I said "buddy, you should not have done that" because a) I don't like it when power roles softclaim/claim on D1 because it puts the town at a disadvantage and b) Max, given the general vagueness of the post containing the softclaim, kind of dug himself in a hole with that one.

anyway other than Max, I have a strong town feeling on Crystal Onix & Pika_Pika42.

well those are some shit reads.

Why would a scum member vote out such a powerful partner in such an unnecessary manner? You could call it bussing but if I were actually scum, I would have let it be a No Lynch rather than bus such a powerful member of my team.

That's WIFOM. You definitely could have done it to make yourself look better after tunneling the Cop the whole day.

Agreed 100%. This post makes you look better in light of your reads.

Wait, why am I seeing that post now??

W.H.A.T.

Mafia confirmed.

If anyone other than you had made this post, Kyriaki, I would have called it odd.

In what way? I said earlier that I thought Max was Jester. I didn't expect us to get a Mafia kill this early, but I definitely thought not killing him was in our best interests.

You're right, you did say that. But you could have been getting off the wagon at the time to avoid being stuck on a mislynch (because at the time Max was the #1 target). And since then, your posts have just felt very emotionless. Especially that reaction to Max being Town. Actually now that I think about it, that's something both you and Pikapika have in common. Reactions to Max being town that feel fake. The others are fine, but your two feel weird.

That's WIFOM. You definitely could have done it to make yourself look better after tunneling the Cop the whole day.
Wow. Did you even read what ROMCH flipped as?

I don't think bussing such a powerful member just to look a bit good makes any sense. Also, bussing a member when they are already on the verge of being lynched is different from breaking a tie leading to a No Lynch and lynching a member who could very easily have been saved.

Also I had voted Max for his suspicious activity and what I thought was a lack of proper defence on his part. I failed to pick up his soft claim earlier and thought he was just being avoidant about the votes on him which made me think of a Jester possibility. I did not intend to tunnel Max though it could look that way in hindsight, it was D1 and I didn't know his alignment and I was just following my suspicions. I immediately unvoted him when his soft claim became clear and later voted ROMCH to avoid Max's Lynch as well as a No Lynch.

You're right, you did say that. But you could have been getting off the wagon at the time to avoid being stuck on a mislynch (because at the time Max was the #1 target). And since then, your posts have just felt very emotionless. Especially that reaction to Max being Town. Actually now that I think about it, that's something both you and Pikapika have in common. Reactions to Max being town that feel fake. The others are fine, but your two feel weird.

Emotionless doesn't necessarily mean fake. People have emotionless reactions for genuine reasons all of the time. I argued Max should not be lynched, and once the lynch was revealed I was more focused on my strategy with my role and how I was going to use the ability I have this round.

And ever since, I've been focused on needling the Mafia, since I know they have a problem at the moment: They can either investigate me now and try to deal with the ongoing headache I will present, or investigate me later once I'm in a position it will be a lot harder to remove. Either way, I'll see who is heavily pushing for my lynch tomorrow to see who my scum suspects are, as by that point if the Mafia have taken the bait they already have an excellent idea of why eliminating me now is their best option.

After all, what are they going to do? Shoot me? That'll be amusing.

@Max1996, since everyone knows what you are anyway, you might as well tell us what you've found out.

It's more tactically advantageous for Town if I keep that hidden. Until the Mafia confirms what role I am for themselves, they're left guessing what my abilities are; if I hard claim it, they'll figure out when it's best to nightkill me and when it's best to ignore me. In turn, that hinders how well I can counter some of their tactics.
Except now the Mafia know about it. Congratulations.

I really don't like these posts at all. The first post, which is posted very early on in Day 1, talks about how we are getting nowhere despite it being the time of day where there's only jokevotes. He comments about how Max is only option although it feels odd considering the time of day. He doesn't explain why he thinks the bandwagon is stupid. I definitely don't like him waiting for a definite bandwagon to vote, seems like he doesn't want to get involved with reading people and rather follows a bandwagon to avoid drawing attention to himself.

Another comment about the game going nowhere yet he doesn't explain why or give a explanation on how to move it forward. I'd say he's being acting worse than Max has.
Vote: @returnofmastercrazyhand
I like this. It wasn't the first vote against MCH, but it was the first to give a fully formed argument. Snake looks good for coming up with this comment even though Max was still the big target at that time.

Look man if you think me or CapsFan are acting scummy you should just say it. Saying “yeah guys this looks weird” is unnecessarily vague. Indecisive, too. And guess what those are? That’s right, folks, scumtraits! To make things worse you’re accusing CapsFan, the dude who pretty much saved Max who is probably cop, and he also made people vote for returnofthemastercrazyhand.

More posts incoming!
Not a fan of this comment. saying that someone looks weird s basically saying that they're scummy. You don't have to wave a giant sign around saying "Hey everybody! Seth and Caps are scumlords!" to get your point across. Personally this feels like trying to make a case on CO out of nothing.

As to Ereshkigal: I don't have any problem with their jokey attitude, it's when there's jokes without substance that I start to get suspicious. The jokes prove that you've been around pretty much all day, yet your only comments of substance have been voting Max after his initial goof up, agreeing with jd that Max looked Jestery, unvoting Max based on said Jestery behaviour, saying that we should check him tonight to see if he's actually a Jester or not (which, btw, even if we didn't already know what he was, would be a bad plan anyway), and now this vague cryptic threat towards the mafia. Even your most recent posts, large as they are, is mostly just cryptically threatening mafia with an "annoying role" of some description, which is of no help whatsoever.

@Max1996, since everyone knows what you are anyway, you might as well tell us what you've found out.

Except now the Mafia know about it. Congratulations.

I like this. It wasn't the first vote against MCH, but it was the first to give a fully formed argument. Snake looks good for coming up with this comment even though Max was still the big target at that time.

Not a fan of this comment. saying that someone looks weird s basically saying that they're scummy. You don't have to wave a giant sign around saying "Hey everybody! Seth and Caps are scumlords!" to get your point across. Personally this feels like trying to make a case on CO out of nothing.

As to Ereshkigal: I don't have any problem with their jokey attitude, it's when there's jokes without substance that I start to get suspicious. The jokes prove that you've been around pretty much all day, yet your only comments of substance have been voting Max after his initial goof up, agreeing with jd that Max looked Jestery, unvoting Max based on said Jestery behaviour, saying that we should check him tonight to see if he's actually a Jester or not (which, btw, even if we didn't already know what he was, would be a bad plan anyway), and now this vague cryptic threat towards the mafia. Even your most recent posts, large as they are, is mostly just cryptically threatening mafia with an "annoying role" of some description, which is of no help whatsoever.
The Night's not over yet.

Day 2 - Conversationalist
Day 2 - Conversationalist

“So returnofmastercrazyhand is gone…” said one.

“Do we still even want to do this?” said another.

“Yes,” interjected the one at the head of the table. “You know full well what’s about to come.”

“Hee hee that’s so crazy right? Do we get to kill now?”

“Patience. Remember, we don’t kill yet. Boss’ orders.”

“Hmph,” replied the crazy figure, folding their arms and pouting their lips.

“Now, who do we use first?”

Rainbow Cloud was locked in his art studio at the time of romch’s attack. When the doors finally unlocked, his remaining TWR Award banners were sent sprawling magnificently in messy heaps as he sprinted out of the room. Now he stood with the other three present mods; the only one who hadn’t been affected by the Amplifier.

“That was a close one, Elieson.”

Elieson nodded approvingly and clicked his fingers, “Just another day in the office for Elie-dawg.”

LG twisted his head slightly and whispered into RC’s ear. “I don’t know if his ego was amplified or his terrible dad jokes.”

RC smiled and changed subject, trying to keep the others focused. “How’s Elementar after the attack?”

“swarla, Nightwing101 and Renato_Sinclair are with him, so he should be fine,” replied LG in the most uninterested and monotone voice he could seemingly muster.

“He seems to be the same; lying motionless like a lazy non-crystallised buffoon.”

“CO!”

He puffed and continued. “Am I the only one who is disturbed by his lack of effort over the past few days? This is his fault after all. Personally, I am sick and tired of his dismal efforts.”

“He’s in a coma, CO,” explained RC. “People can’t do anything when they’re in one.”

“Unless you’re this boy,” Elieson exclaimed, using his thumbs to direct all attention to him.

“It is most peculiar how he was actually put in one though. He has not physical markings on him apart from the bruise on his head. That alone shouldn’t have put him in a coma.” LG was staring into a blank wall, his head perched in his right as he was lost in intense thought again. RC was relieved when their watches beeped, but returned to a state of dismay when he read the message.

Even though the footage was blurry, the mods could still make out Kyriaki’s body being pulled out her room and disappear in a smoke bomb.

“We got this message from an anonymous source this morning,” clarified Enzap. “Just watch.” The admin flipped his laptop around and clicked play. A hooded figure immediately appeared on the screen, and the area around the face was covered in a thick black band. “Good morning moderators of Bulbagarden,” began a heavily distorted voice. “Kyriaki says hi.” The camera was turned to switch to Kyriaki, who was remaining extremely optimistic given her current circumstance. She was currently tied to a chair with two other figures looming over her. “Hey guys. How are you today? I hope you’re good. How’s everyone doing? Tell them I’m okay!” She was abruptly interrupted by a stern shush from one of the figures behind her and a click of a weapon that looked similar to the Amplifier. The camera turned back to the covered face and the deformed voice returned. “See, we are here to continue romch’s work, so don’t rest for a minute. Let’s see if you can survive this test without your other helpers. We’ll be waiting for you to fight back. We want to be entertained.” The screen went completely black and Enzap returned the laptop to its original position.

“They targeted the popular one,” noted CO. “I must admit, they have played their game terribly well. I feel inclined to commend them on their efforts. They chose their first target well.”

Ignoring CO’s comments, RC looked directly at Enzap. “We will handle this sir. You can trust us.”

“I hope so,” replied the Modfather. “Get these members back to normal. These three are specifically strange.” Elieson was smiling gleefully and trialling several dramatic facial expressions, much to the dismay of his repulsed crystal colleague. As usual, LG was zoned out and churning over this new information in his racing mind.

RC sighed. “I know. But they have their uses.”

Kyriaki was killed. They were...

Dear Kyriaki.

You are a common member in The War Room, and have also been recently seen Official Generation 8 Speculations and Leaks Thread. Apparently your name is the name of a saint, according to Google. However, it is not known whether this is the reason for using it as a username.

You have 170 pages of profile messages. Because of your large amount of conversations and your name having a link to a martyr, you are the Amplified’s Vanilla. However, after Night 2, you will be martyred and you will become a 2 x Traffic Analyst. (Note: You will not die. Martyr is purely for flavour purposes). During two night phases, you will be able to target a player and determine whether they have the ability to privately communicate with other players. You can do this by replying to this PM with Converse With: [PLAYER].

You are aligned with the Amplified, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

Kyriaki was killed. They were aligned with the Amplified and were their Vanilla -> 2 x Traffic Analyst.

It is now Day 2. The phase will end in 48 hours (-25 minutes) at on Thursday the 27th of September at 9pm AEST or at 4am PDT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom