• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Beloved "Dead" Pokemon

Burner. My first Charizard on Blue.(I was a little kid, OK?) Won me the E4, then Blue, then my dad broke a bottle of wine on my Blue Version while I had just put it down for a second...Oh Burner...

In Gen 1, my very first pokemon, a level 90 Blastoise, said bye bye when I left the game on, and found out that my mom did something to the game.

When I turned it back on....

-.-

A fully trained, shiny Ursaring with a Jolly nature on my SS. The game crashed and there it went. Luckily, I managed to save the shiny Bellossom I had in that file (I had previously traded it to HG.)

My old Pokemon from RBY and GSC, I transfered to my Pokemon Stadium 2 boxes before their internal batteries ran out. Though they're not technically gone, having no more GSC cartridges means they're essentially inaccessible to me. At least they're still alive.

My first ever Pokemon. A Venusaur nicknamed VENASAUR (I had accidentely went to the Pokemon name rater and didn't know how to spell "Venusaur" correctly.). I also had a Charizard and a Blastoise on that same save file (My bro's rejected starter Pokemon).

R.I.P. all three of you....

My first ever Pokemon. A Typhlosion in Silver. I spent ages as a child constantly re-battling the Elite 4 to get it to level 100. By the end he could actually do it single handedly and I remember my tiny kid mind being really proud at our achievement. Then the internal battery on the cartridge died, and now hes gone for ever.

I miss him...

I just lost my sapphire version which had Pokemon from fire red, and gale of darkness.
Of the pokemon lost are my Blaziken, beautifly, ditto, sharpedo, and shedinja.

They are for now assumed dead.

Also, all of my pokemon from years and years ago in Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Emerald.

Last edited:
I lost all my Ranch data after having to send my Wii console to Nintendo who are nice enough to repair it unlike two other companies I know of which will be why I will always be loyal to Nintendo, after it stopped working and all of the data got corrupted. After getting it back and due to complications during the repair work despite them managing to successfully repair the console, all my data was erased and lost all my pokemon from Pearl. So my beloved female shiny Palkia(yes I am refering to her as female despite being genderless in the games), and all the other pokemon/. Buy, whrn I did the Sinjoh ruins event on HG, I had Arceus create a new Palkia specificly my Palkia that lost and give her a second chance in life. With Arceus' power, an egg appeared which hatched into a Palkia which I considered female

From my old Gold version: My first level 100 Pokemon. It was a Haunter. Not sure why I trained him so much, but he was so cool!

My first Pokemon ever (from 2000) died with my silver version

I lost my entire Yellow team to Burger King barbecue sauce!! I have no idea what I was thinking putting BBQ sauce in my pocket, but I did. And my Yellow cartridge was in my pocket at the time. It worked after I got the sauce off, but it later succumbed to the injuries and stopped working all-together. My poor Pikachu! :'(

I also lost my Diamond version to something. My DS doesn't even recognize it as a game anymore. I don't know what happened, or what team I had, but I'm positive that it was a great team because it was the only game I didn't restart after finishing.

I lost my entire Yellow team to Burger King barbecue sauce!! I have no idea what I was thinking putting BBQ sauce in my pocket, but I did. And my Yellow cartridge was in my pocket at the time. It worked after I got the sauce off, but it later succumbed to the injuries and stopped working all-together. My poor Pikachu! :'(

I also lost my Diamond version to something. My DS doesn't even recognize it as a game anymore. I don't know what happened, or what team I had, but I'm positive that it was a great team because it was the only game I didn't restart after finishing.

Why did I just get a craving for barbecued Pikachu? :p Sorry.

But on a more serious note: My Diamond game sometimes did that. What I did to fix it was: Take it out. Gently blow on it. Wipe it off gently (like on my shirt). Gently blow in the game slot on the DS. Put it back in. That worked for me.

Oh man... I can relate. A few years back, I traded three Pokemon to my friend, but the one that mattered to me most was a Scyther I'd bought at the Game Corner and worked hard to train (this was in FR). He was going to give those three Pokemon back after he was done doing whatever he was doing with them (I can't remember what he wanted them for).

But, of course, his annoying brother took his game, restarted it, and next thing I know, my prized Scyther is gone. I was so angry I practically released the three Pokemon (one of which was a Mewtwo) that my friend had temporarily traded me in exchange, but I decided against it since it wasn't actually his fault.

And, despite the fact I have a Scizor on multiple games now, sometimes I wonder what that Scyther would have become had it not been erased from existence.

But this taught me a valuable lesson in Pokemon games (because I was still sort of a noob back then)- always be careful with Pokemon that are valuable to you. Ever since then, I haven't traded a Pokemon of value to me to anyone.

Silver, my Rattata from the Gold Version.
It was my first shiny apart from the Red Gyarados and I lost it when I sold the gold version (or before I don't remember).

I had a level 64 Vaporeon on Pokemon Firered that I loved dearly, because it was the strongest one on my team... Then I lent it to a friend, and he wrote over the game file. I'm still heartbroken over the fact that I never transferred it over to my newer games. :(

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom