• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Spoilers Your Biggest Surprise in The Crown Tundra? (SPOILERS)

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The Crown Tundra had many interesting surprises within it. Which one(s) surprised you the most?

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Gotta' say that walking into one of the Freezington houses to find an old lady with a Cosmog just sitting there on the counter caught me off-guard.
Wait, what?

A Solidly Ossified Braincase
Reaction score
Wait, what?
I mean it's pretty much what it says on the tin. :p There's a couple of houses in Freezington, and one belongs to an old lady with a Cosmog that she found out in the snow one day and named Fwoofy. After progressing to certain point in the story, she gives it to you.

Reaction score
Probably a little gravestone I discovered.

Also, make sure to give the big pink tree a good few shakes.

Edit: Never mind, I just got jumpscared by Articuno. It just appeared out of thin air, spun around and then vanished. Edit: Wait no it just attacked me. Edit2: Whew...just caught it on the first turn with a quick ball.

I came close to not being spoiled on the legendary horses, I only saw them yesterday.

Last edited:
Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
One of my biggest surprises was that I actually found myself using the Town Map for once haha. And I mean really using to see where on earth I am, not for checking weather or calling a flying taxi.

A Solidly Ossified Braincase
Reaction score
One of my biggest surprises was that I actually found myself using the Town Map for once haha. And I mean really using to see where on earth I am, not for checking weather or calling a flying taxi.
Same here! I think I've mostly got the hang of the overall layout now, but trying to figure out where the entrance to the Tower to the Top was is what stumped me.

Donate to Pikachu's legal defense fund
Reaction score
The sheer size. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger than the Isle of Armor.

Instead I suspect it's several times larger. Possibly bigger than all of main game Galar's routes combined.
I keep getting lost, and sort of wish now that the game had a compass.

Gotta' say that walking into one of the Freezington houses to find an old lady with a Cosmog just sitting there on the counter caught me off-guard.
I didn't even notice it the first time I entered the house, but the second time I saw it floating there and did a double take.

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shaking the big tree.

Peony's character wasn't obvious from the lead-up material - he's dressed quite professionally, has daughter issues and he's potentially got that whole relationship with Rose going on. You've got the framework in place for quite a severe character, and then he turns out to be the greatest laugh yet in the franchise, perhaps beaten only by Nanu's awkward Z-move dance.

Reaction score
First of all, I never expected the whole Crown Tundra to be so expansive. Easy to get lost in, needing to check the map often to know where you're going. Somehow, I keep being reminded of several Final Fantasy games, namely XII and XIII (and the latter's sequels).

Of course, my biggest surprise is in regards to the Dyna Tree. I made several shakes to it, and the next thing I knew, I was facing a Dynamaxed Greedant at around Level 100. Hard, but rewarding if you win with around 120 berries dropping.

(On a more personal level, my first Legendary result from the Dynamax Adventure was a Shiny Xerneas).