• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Your Biggest Surprise in The Crown Tundra? (SPOILERS)

Wait, what?

I mean it's pretty much what it says on the tin. :p There's a couple of houses in Freezington, and one belongs to an old lady with a Cosmog that she found out in the snow one day and named Fwoofy. After progressing to certain point in the story, she gives it to you.

cosmoggift.jpg

Probably a little gravestone I discovered.

Also, make sure to give the big pink tree a good few shakes.

Edit: Never mind, I just got jumpscared by Articuno. It just appeared out of thin air, spun around and then vanished. Edit: Wait no it just attacked me. Edit2: Whew...just caught it on the first turn with a quick ball.

I came close to not being spoiled on the legendary horses, I only saw them yesterday.

Last edited:
One of my biggest surprises was that I actually found myself using the Town Map for once haha. And I mean really using to see where on earth I am, not for checking weather or calling a flying taxi.

Same here! I think I've mostly got the hang of the overall layout now, but trying to figure out where the entrance to the Tower to the Top was is what stumped me.

The sheer size. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger than the Isle of Armor.

Instead I suspect it's several times larger. Possibly bigger than all of main game Galar's routes combined.
I keep getting lost, and sort of wish now that the game had a compass.

Gotta' say that walking into one of the Freezington houses to find an old lady with a Cosmog just sitting there on the counter caught me off-guard.
I didn't even notice it the first time I entered the house, but the second time I saw it floating there and did a double take.

Shaking the big tree.

Peony's character wasn't obvious from the lead-up material - he's dressed quite professionally, has daughter issues and he's potentially got that whole relationship with Rose going on. You've got the framework in place for quite a severe character, and then he turns out to be the greatest laugh yet in the franchise, perhaps beaten only by Nanu's awkward Z-move dance.

First of all, I never expected the whole Crown Tundra to be so expansive. Easy to get lost in, needing to check the map often to know where you're going. Somehow, I keep being reminded of several Final Fantasy games, namely XII and XIII (and the latter's sequels).

Of course, my biggest surprise is in regards to the Dyna Tree. I made several shakes to it, and the next thing I knew, I was facing a Dynamaxed Greedant at around Level 100. Hard, but rewarding if you win with around 120 berries dropping.

(On a more personal level, my first Legendary result from the Dynamax Adventure was a Shiny Xerneas).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom