• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Your Biggest Surprise in The Crown Tundra? (SPOILERS)

The fact that there's Fossil Pokemon that are extant and living in the Crown Tundra rather than being... y'know, extinct.

That, and the fact that there's at least one den in Snowslide Slope where Cara Liss's Fossil Pokemon of all creatures could spawn in.

I’ve only just started it but seeing and Amura just walking around and then and Aerodactyl what is this place!!

I also really enjoy Calyrex possessing Peony, that’s a bit of darkness in a Pokemon game that I quite like. I feel Calyrex is a little sinister, and wish they’dhave gone down a “evil” Pokemon story!

The Calyrex storyline was nothing at all like I was expecting - didn’t expect to meet it so close to the village, thought it would be a more typical “go find the legendary in a cave/temple” bit.

Really loved the birds bit too - the Kanto birds have always been my favourite legendary set (especially Articuno) so their intro video was a highlight for me and really enjoyed them being runners. Also my Zapdos has an early riser mark and my Moltres has a rainy mark so that was pretty cool.

-Keldeo
-Spiritomb's encounter
-HORSES (and not version exclusive either!)
-"NO BACK THE TRUCK UP, OLD LADY WHY DO YOU GOT A NEBBY?!" my exact words
-WAIT ARE THERE ULTRA BEASTS IN HERE? THERE ARE.
-I think this is the first time I've ever seen a pokemon possess a human to speak through them in the games.
-Wild Fossil pokemon. Either that dude in Alola who wanted to start pokerassic park fulfilled his dream and lost a shipment, or Cara Liss did some fossil revive experiments before moving into the market of making sleights against Arceus the combo fossils.
-That I had to wait until I got his rare card for someone to acknowledge Peony was Rose's brother. I've thought so since we first saw art of him but I never saw anyone say something about it.
-The gorgeous views. Seriously I love standing in places and being able to see Calyrex's tree in the distance, or the giant dynamaxed berry tree. ...When its not foggy of course.
-How excessively happy I was to see the Nidos in the wild. The boys! They chase!! The girls. They don't care.

From the pictures I preferred Regidraco to Regieleki - but having now caught them both I love Regieleki more for its animation...think it’s my favourite Regi

I was really surprised when...

...the credits played again after I finished my first Galarian Star tournament. But I liked it, it reminded me of when the credits used to play again after defeating Red on Mt Silver. It's a nice way of signaling that all the main story elements of the Expansion Pass have been completed, providing a sense of closure. It feels a little bittersweet to have finished all of Galar's story (assuming there won't be any more DLC) but very satisfying too, and I still have the Swords of Justice sidequest to look forward to.

I've already kinda said this but...

I've pretty much grown to like almost every new Legendary in the Crown Tundra, from the quirky new Regis to the edgier Legendary birbs. I kinda like both horses; with me edging to Spectrier more cuz, y'know, it's a ghost horse. Hell, even Calyrex, who I disliked with every fiber of my being when it was first revealed, ultimately became 'okay' because I enjoyed its story and character.
This 'surprises' me because I've never been a huge Legendary fan; hardly any Legendaries sans Regice and Lunala have ever stayed on my favorite Pokemon lists.

This is in stark contrast to that stupid, ugly bear back from the Isle of Armor, who I still consider to be exceptionally bleh.

This is in stark contrast to that stupid, ugly bear back from the Isle of Armor, who I still consider to be exceptionally bleh.

It's funny you should say this, because I'm also not the biggest fan of Urshifu, and I think this is the main reason why I never connected with the Isle of Armor's story that much. I like the island itself and the characters are memorable, but I found it hard to get excited about evolving my Kubfu and would have rather kept him as he was, if I'm being honest.

By contrast, I found Calyrex's story really touching, and the cool-looking birds and Regis were a blast to track down. The step up in quality between the two expansions is so drastic it's not even funny.

The sheer amount of shiny Pokemon I've obtained in the Dynamax Adventures!
Question about that...
At what point can you tell they're shiny? I've read that they aren't shiny in the raid, only when you pick them, but does that mean on the selection screen? Or do you have to check their summary to tell?

How fun and detailed
the Galarian Star Tournament is. I was just moderately excited for this feature, but it turned out a lot more fun than I expected. There's a lot of detailed dialogue and it's awesome seeing certain characters interact with each other.

Including Mustard and Peony was also a brilliant move and makes a lot of sense since they are former Champions. I especially love their interactions with other characters since during the DLC stories they were isolated from other characters in their respective DLC areas. Ever since playing The Isle of Armor I wanted Leon and Mustard to interact at some point because they are master and student. And the GST gave us that.

Also, even though my Pokémon team is ridiculously overpowered, battling against a Champion tag team of Mustard and Leon/Peony can still be pretty challenging.

How fun and detailed
the Galarian Star Tournament is. I was just moderately excited for this feature, but it turned out a lot more fun than I expected. There's a lot of detailed dialogue and it's awesome seeing certain characters interact with each other.

Including Mustard and Peony was also a brilliant move and makes a lot of sense since they are former Champions. I especially love their interactions with other characters since during the DLC stories they were isolated from other characters in their respective DLC areas. Ever since playing The Isle of Armor I wanted Leon and Mustard to interact at some point because they are master and student. And the GST gave us that.

Also, even though my Pokémon team is ridiculously overpowered, battling against a Champion tag team of Mustard and Leon/Peony can still be pretty challenging.

1603999215559.png

They really are selling me this game.

Another thing I forgot to mention:
In the Galarian Star Tournament you get to wear the clothes you wear in the overworld, and not the standard Gym Challenge attire. I really love this, because even after becoming the Champion and re-challenging the regular Champion Tournament, you are still locked into wearing the very bland Gym Challenge attire during battles. You can now actually dress the player character like a Champion for the Galarian Star Tournament. A really small change and surprise but a welcome one.

This was a bad surprise.

Despite the Regis (who are now called titans I guess?) getting their battle theme (lazy midi port, but still their theme) and the Galarian Birds getting an interesting new remix, the Swords of Justice have the basic wild battle music. I was shocked when I ran into Cobalion after finding all those footprints, and expecting to hear some version of one of my favorite battle themes, and was greeted like any other wild pokemon. Serious letdown.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom