• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your character can be in a new adventure!

Snivy Nation

The Snivy of Ohio
Reaction score
I'm going to start a new story of a mystery that will lead a boy named Jackson around the pokemon universe. I need ideas for friends to travel with him. Please post name, looks, and personality. The mystery begins when pokemon black and white are released. I am going to take one boy and one girl.

Last edited:
Name: Alex Noiretelle
Looks: Wears a white shirt with two green stripes on each side and a funnel-like collar. Wears black jeans with orange shoes
Personality: Humorous, reckless, headstrong, creative, funky.

Name: Emmett Lunacore.

Looks: Tall lean figure, green eye color with nut skin. Wears navy blue skinny jeans with a black tee shirt.

Personality: very clam and understanding, tends to lose focus easily and changes interest easily as well.

Emmett Lunacore sounds like an awesome/funny character to travel with. Remember, 1 week!

Sweet thanks for letting my character in!
I look forward to seeing the story!

sure, I still need a girl

and i am still accepting any other entries

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright.

Name: Blaire Sol

Looks: Brown hair with pink streaks, sparkling blue eyes, and a middle tone skin color. She wears a tie dyed shirt and torn jeans.

Personality: Blaire has always been optimistic, and enjoys the company of others. Though, she has never been brave, she has had the courage to try.

Sounds good. I'll try her out in a short passage. Please read to find out who won!

"Hello I'm Emmett Lunacore!" a boy came up to me and said. He had green eyes, jeans, pokeball's on his belt, and was wearing a black t-shirt. Did I mention that he was tall? He was so tall that it made me feel small. "What pokemon do you have?" I asked reluctantly. "I have all kinds of different pokemon! I have," then he suddenly looked at a Fearow flying over head,"That seems like an interesting pokemon to train."

this character seems to be a good person to travel with Jackson!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure that you really want to write a fic with anonymous OCs? Generally the characters never have a chemistry between each other when they are being pursued from anothers point of view? If you know what I'm saying. Also take into the fact that OCs generally always have too much of a resemblance to the character created by the author as far as peronalities go. Generally writing a OC fic using others OCs is a very risky and sometimes frowned upon because:where's the originality. The only good Ocs do for you is get people to read and review that have OCs in the story, and generally they cannot five you a bad review because it would be rude considering you are being generous enough to use one of their characters. So unless you know for a fact you're story will be an original concept taken on the journey fic, or that the character interactions won't be forced and blocky, do you really think writing a fic using other peoples OCs is really a good idea?

Also, i don't mean to be this blunt but I've had some bad experiences in the past with this stuff.

And another thing, "he was so tall he made me feel small". Really, that's what you went with?

:cool:
this was a practice paragraph this will not go into the real thing

....ok? That wasn't really the thing I was asking about. But seriously, heed my words sir. Or, miss. And be very careful with plot decision.

Are you sure that you really want to write a fic with anonymous OCs? Generally the characters never have a chemistry between each other when they are being pursued from anothers point of view? If you know what I'm saying. Also take into the fact that OCs generally always have too much of a resemblance to the character created by the author as far as peronalities go. Generally writing a OC fic using others OCs is a very risky and sometimes frowned upon because:where's the originality. The only good Ocs do for you is get people to read and review that have OCs in the story, and generally they cannot five you a bad review because it would be rude considering you are being generous enough to use one of their characters. So unless you know for a fact you're story will be an original concept taken on the journey fic, or that the character interactions won't be forced and blocky, do you really think writing a fic using other peoples OCs is really a good idea?

Also, i don't mean to be this blunt but I've had some bad experiences in the past with this stuff.

And another thing, "he was so tall he made me feel small". Really, that's what you went with?

They would give me some basic traits and then I'd send a paragraph of my view on their character and if they accepted it it was then considered an official character.

I agree with WingullStrike, it could be......less than practical to use characters you haven't designed yourself. Either you're going to have a hard time or you could use what the person gives you and fill in the blanks.

Precisely, people have gotten mad at authors for displaying their characters as a brute, or just not in the creators vision. When other peoples characters are used, there is always a fine line between the emotional aspect of the character and the way you are actually portraying it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom