• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

You know, people have been talking about wanting Unova remakes, Kalos remakes, Johto remakes, better Sinnoh remakes, a potential Alola remake, and whatnot.

You know what we should have before having any of these?

We need a Ransei remake! Let it happen TPC & Koei Tecmo!

You know, people have been talking about wanting Unova remakes, Kalos remakes, Johto remakes, better Sinnoh remakes, a potential Alola remake, and whatnot.

You know what we should have before having any of these?

We need a Ransei remake! Let it happen TPC & Koei Tecmo!

I mean, Conquest has only sold 300,000 in Japan and worldwide might not have even cracked 1 million. I don't think they're interested in revisting Conquest, it doesn't seem to have been successful enough. Now maybe Koei Tecmo is interested in trying another strategy game, the strategy genre has seen a surge in popularity over the last 5-10 years, but I doubt it'll be a Conquest remake or sequel. Maybe we could get a Pokemon Warriors. Not really into strategy games myself so I'm not personal interested in this direction, but I could definitely see a Pokemon Warriors selling far better than Conquest did.

This is fact, but still controversial, due to how it's handled in the gameplay. Many are going to disagree, despite multiple pieces of official evidence confirming otherwise, but here goes.

Arceus is the final boss in the story of Pokémon Legends Arceus.

This is fact, but still controversial, due to how it's handled in the gameplay. Many are going to disagree, despite multiple pieces of official evidence confirming otherwise, but here goes.

I agree with you, and I think the credits SHOULD have rolled after this fight.

@BorealRookidee Didn't the credits roll for the first time after you beat Palkia and Dialga?
It does but this is during a point where the main objective of the game's story was yet to be cleared and the game's missions themselves treated it as such. The game was never about solving the rift or beating them. Those were only part of the whole story.

TPCi's explanation for how to aquire Arceus in BDSP and Pokémon Legends Arceus website explaining how to access the Eternal Battle Reverie both also explained the player needing to complete the main story to access it, with no other context. Neither become accessible until after you beat Arceus.

The credits should have rolled after Arceus as opposed to after the origin fights.

@Ransei I see it as more as the first part of the story has ended. However, I haven't quite gotten to fighting against Arceus yet, so I am not sure if the credits roll again after you defeat and catch it.

I would say yes and no. Arceus is more like the bonus boss and true ending to the story. The story up to Temple of Hisui deals with surveying the region and sealing the space-time rift, everything after that ties up lose ends in the plot and completes the Pokedex.

I would say yes and no. Arceus is more like the bonus boss and true ending to the story. The story up to Temple of Hisui deals with surveying the region and sealing the space-time rift, everything after that ties up lose ends in the plot and completes the Pokedex.
Yeah. If I recall, after the credits roll, all you do (aside from catching Pokémon and doing research tasks) is collect the plates before dueling with Volo and Giratina. You fight Arceus once you catch all the Pokémon.

I don't understand why the credits roll so early in PLA. I know people who missed out on the whole Volo thing because they thought the game was over.
Like I said above your post: We don't do much after catching Dialga/Palkia and closing the rift aside from collecting the plates alongside Volo before we battle him and Giratina. After that, it's just catching Pokémon (something the player would be doing up to that point anyway) in order to meet Arceus.

Like I said above your post: We don't do much after catching Dialga/Palkia and closing the rift aside from collecting the plates alongside Volo before we battle him and Giratina. After that, it's just catching Pokémon (something the player would be doing up to that point anyway) in order to meet Arceus.
the credits should have rolled after Volo though. He feels like the game's real final boss.

Like I said above your post: We don't do much after catching Dialga/Palkia and closing the rift aside from collecting the plates alongside Volo before we battle him and Giratina.
but volo is the game's main antagonist. it's poor design to not even let the player find out that the main antagonist is a villain in the first place until what the audience is led to believe is the postgame.
maybe there's "not much to do," but the things that ARE there for you to do (plate collecting/volo and giratina face-off/the arceus battle) are arguably the most important, and certainly most climatic, in the whole game... in other words, yes, the credits rolled way too early. the things i mentioned are not something you should be hearing about for the first time in some gaming journalism article online or accidentally discovering like some kind of easter egg, yet the actual ending of the game's storyline has to be instigated by the player after the credits roll.

the credits should have rolled after Volo though. He feels like the game's real final boss.
100%, because aside from arceus, volo IS - whether or not you consider arceus the "true" final boss - the main antagonist, as i said.
i can absolutely see why the credits rolled before arceus, but i can't at all think of why the game would supposedly be "complete" before volo.

but volo is the game's main antagonist. it's poor design to not even let the player find out that the main antagonist is a villain in the first place until what the audience is led to believe is the postgame.
maybe there's "not much to do," but the things that ARE there for you to do (plate collecting/volo and giratina face-off/the arceus battle) are arguably the most important, and certainly most climatic, in the whole game... in other words, yes, the credits rolled way too early. the things i mentioned are not something you should be hearing about for the first time in some gaming journalism article online or accidentally discovering like some kind of easter egg, yet the actual ending of the game's storyline has to be instigated by the player after the credits roll.

100%, because aside from arceus, volo IS - whether or not you consider arceus the "true" final boss - the main antagonist, as i said.
i can absolutely see why the credits rolled before arceus, but i can't at all think of why the game would supposedly be "complete" before volo.
I do see your point, but here's the thing: We technically thwarted Volo when we closed the rift, even if we were not aware of it at the time.

I’m not a big fan of introducing pre-evolutions in later gens. I like Mime Jr & Munchlax, but the truth is that first stage pokemon are only useful very early on and then you must evolve them to be able to progress in the game. So to me it ends up being pointless to create more of that kind of pokemon. We spend most of the rest of the game in tougher battles (late gyms, pokemon league, battle facilities) that require stronger pokemon. There are a few pokemon that work with eviolite, but those are almost always second stage evolutions such as porygon 2 and Rhydon. Granted, there are exceptions, I loved to use Gligar with eviolite in pokemon XY. Regardless, it would be nice if we got a pokemon facility that requires first stage pokemon only (like Sunny Park Colosseum in battle revolution) because I’m not interested in online play with smogon rules.

Back
Top Bottom