• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

I really hate the vaporeon copypasta. It's unfunny, overused to the extreme, and now that's all everyone thinks about when they see vaporeon mentioned. There's literally nothing weird about its design whatsoever, it's a cute pokemon, and now because of this stupid copypasta, it gets sexualized a ton, and you can't even mention vaporeon without people referencing it and trying to sexualize it. It really pisses me off.
Hey g- sounds of violence

I find the vaporeon copypasta to be funny. In fact I personally find the fact that rule 34 affects pokemon at all to be hilarious.

I find the vaporeon copypasta to be funny. In fact I personally find the fact that rule 34 affects pokemon at all to be hilarious.
It's really annoying, though, when it's made it nigh-impossible to openly like Vaporeon in a completely innocent context without at least one unfunny twat swooping in with the dang copypasta and turning the whole conversation into that.

It's really annoying, though, when it's made it nigh-impossible to openly like Vaporeon in a completely innocent context without at least one unfunny twat swooping in with the dang copypasta and turning the whole conversation into that.
As someone whose favorite Eeveelution is in fact Vaporeon, I feel that pain.

i dont know what the vaporeon copypasta is. please dont tell me
Be glad of that.
And it has affected things from the very start, considering that's the reason I know that safe search in Google is crap.

The Alola games try so hard to be sad it's cringe.

The Alola games in general are kind of cringe (And bad). The moment you need outward stat boosts from before a battle even begins to pose a 'challenge', instead of relying on other factors, you're genuinely a lost cause.

The Alola games in general are kind of cringe (And bad). The moment you need outward stat boosts from before a battle even begins to pose a 'challenge', instead of relying on other factors, you're genuinely a lost cause.

Well I was talking about some parts of the story and some side quests but that statement about the battles is very true (Z-Moves are also very easy to counter).

There are better ways to do pokemon dark. The fans, however, come up with cringier ways than Nintendo. Also, dark and realistic are not the same thing. Alola didn't do realistic, it just did dark. Unova did pokemon realistic.

There are better ways to do pokemon dark. The fans, however, come up with cringier ways than Nintendo. Also, dark and realistic are not the same thing. Alola didn't do realistic, it just did dark. Unova did pokemon realistic.
I don't think the fans will ever do something as cringe as the scene in the cemetery with the old lady talking about her dead husband with that stupid violin music in the background, that was so ridiculous.

Everywhere you go in Alola you will encounter random npcs talking about how X person died tragically. What even is the point ? One time is enough.

The worst thing is the cutscene where Mohn goes to the Aether Island and meets his family. You always see people talking about how much they cried seeing this and I just don't understand, this scene is just so badly done : it's devoid of any emotion and the characters reactions are awfully unrealistic.

Oh yeah and there's also that same stupid violin music playing.

Believe me, fans have done way worse... Aside from the whole betrayal fanfic genre, romhacks that try to be dark often end up badly, like Dark Rising, which was the hack I mentioned.

There's also Pokémon Snakewood, which starts creepy... and then it backtracks and turns into a weird parody? You know there are big problems when you make your own author avatar literally god. Or the random Bo-bobo references. Or shitting in the concept of Pokémon when battling against a random T-Fanger (did I mention it was also a crossover?).

Yep. You can do it more realistic, more serious, but dark? Heck no.

Also, I hate romhacks and I think nintendo is right for getting pissy over them. Especially the dark ones. I hope GF mocks them one day.

Also, does anyone else absolutely loathe the creepypastas? They're just damn stupid, beyond stupid actually, and so bizarre I don't even know who the target audience is supposed to be?

Honestly, I don't even find 'people dying by natural cause/old age' dark at all. It's a natural part of life, what's dark about it.

Oh god, the Mohn thing. I had to laugh so hard at that. It was so bad.

Back
Top Bottom