• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

I've never liked the fact that in OR/AS, you can catch Snorunt not only in the hidden icy room in Shoal Cave, but in the rest of the cave as well. Makes it less special, not to mention that particular room can never become unaccessible in the remakes, unlike in Ruby/Sapphire, so you never have to worry about being unable to get Snorunt without trading.
The cave can become inaccessible in RS??? No wonder it took me years to know what Snorunt was... Not cool, GF...

Version exclusives? In Drax voice: I'll do you one better, just remove dual versions altogether. Is there really a point anymore?
At this point I’m not sure which is the hotter take: two versions are unnecessary or two versions/version exclusives should stick around. I’m in the latter camp personally because Pokémon at its core is both an RPG and a social experience.

In a perfect world, the differences between versions would encourage trading and interacting with people who have a different copy and consumers would realize, especially after online implementation, that you only need one version. But Nintendo is never going to steer consumers away from buying their product, which is how we get things like the double packs and the stereotype that it’s a crappy cash grab move rather than something truly novel.

But Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Swirlix and Spritzee lines debuted in Generation VI. Alolan Graveler also requires trade to evolve.
It was a typo. I meant to type 6, but I kind of didn't notice until now :confused:.

Even so, there are still ways as a single player to get those pokemon. Gourgeist wasn't available outside of trading in Gen 6. But Pumkaboo were always used as wonder trade fodder so they were easy to come by and you could always catch Trevenant in the wild. Aromatiss and Slurpuff weren't readily available originally without trading, but are available now through cross-version max raids.

Alolan Golem is a little roundabout and requires Go and HOME, but you can still get one as a single player with nobody to trade with.

Even version exclusives are becoming a thing of the past. Especially with the shiny Zacian and Zamazenta event and cross-version max raids. You don't have to actively look for friends or other people to trade with locally or online anymore if you don't want to.

To be fair, they've been moving away from that model for a while by allowing you to get trade evolutions in the wild. There also haven't been any new trade evos since Gen 5.
Nitpick: Gen 6. Aromatisse and Slurpuff are trade evolutions.

Otherwise, I agree with you. I never really had the chance to trade Pokémon in Gen 4 as a kid, because I couldn't figure out the DS' wifi and we weren't allowed to take video games to school.

I'd count Solgaleo, Lunala, Flapple and Appletun as trade evos as their requirements are version-exclusive.

Additionally it doesn't matter if there are less species introduced every gen if the same ones from previous generations will be a requirement for completing the dex, including the DLC ALL of them but Clamperl must be obtained. Also, Rhyperior (in base SWSH) and Aromatisse were impossible to encounter in the wild for me so trade was the best option and I'm sure I'd still be looking for them if it wasn't for trade.

This isn't about the Anime but it's a controversial opinion nonetheless and I didn't know where else to put it but I really need to get this off my chest

It's about how are some people are complaining about how Oshawott, Cyndaquil, and Rowlet were picked to be the Legends Arceus starters and not popular stuff like Charizard, Greninja and Sceptile or whatever.

But people fail to realized that those Pokémon always get the spotlight and they want to try something different for a change

Also if that leak about the alleged Hisuian Variations is true then that's all the more reason why we got stuck with the Starters we're getting now

Typholosion and Samurott are Starters who needed glow ups far more than Charizard or Greninja did

I really dont know about you guys but I personally would just rather take bland or controversial designs and potentially fix them or at least make them look a little better rather than doing the complete opposite by taking perfectly good/popular designs and risk ruining them or making them look worse.

Typholosion was always critized for being bland, having a bad 3D model, and being an inferior Charizard clone with it's stats.

Give me a good reason why you would rather prefer Charizard who already has a perfect design over Typholosion who could really use a redesign?

Samurott was often slammed for being "ugly", critized for not being "as cool as Dewott" and called "the worst water starter" by many (at least until Inteleon came along)

Give me ONE good reason for why Greninja who is a universally beloved design should get a redesign instead of poor Samurott who actually strongly needs it?

Samurott and Typholosion needed this

These guys don't (and neither did Decidueye imo but that's a whole nother story)

But even with Decidueye, it wasn't nearly as popular in Japan as it was in the West so that could be a main reason why they wanted to give it a redesign

And btw, while sure, I have no way of knowing if they'll look better or worse than the originals at least I'll appreciate them going back to at least try to fix their old controversies as opposed to just ignoring them and keep dumping everything on Charizard

Last edited:
It's about how are some people are complaining about how Oshawott, Cyndaquil, and Rowlet were picked to be the Legends Arceus starters and not popular stuff like Charizard, Greninja and Sceptile or whatever.
Charizard being a starter in Legends Arceus would have been the most eye-rolling thing GF could have done for starter choices.

I actually like Hisuian Decidueye. I understand why people don't like it, but I think it looks interesting and I wouldn't mind using one if I didn't go with Samurott. I love all the Hisuian final evolutions personally.

This also might not be unpopular but I wish they released the silhouettes of the final evolutions earlier on before the leaks came in. I would have loved to see something like the Black and White starter reveals where people try to fill in the blanks for the silhouettes.

Back
Top Bottom