• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

Putting aside my question about why wearing uniforms in an Iberian-like school, I have a controversial opinion I already talked about: Giving the same clothing to both players was not a good idea if they wanted to be progressive. To me, they should have created a single androgynous player who could have access to every facet of customization, like makeup and eyelash style if there is any. The only thing needed would be asking for the players' pronouns.

- SWSH isn't that bad a set of games in Gen 8 (I'd gladly take it over LGPE and BDSP). It's got the Dexit issue, though I think SCVT will have it too supposedly. Are they a step down from USUM? Absolutely. Are they unplayable? No. I think rather than being bad, people were just dismayed coming off of Gen 7's great set of games.

- Gen 4 is one of the lowest points, the FPS is just so laggy even vs Gen 3 preceding it and DP had a huge surfing issue until Pt rectified it.

- Alder is one of the worst Champions, ironic since Gen 5 is my favorite in terms of plot in the games.

- PLA is the best of the Gen 8 games, ironically, to me. It does have a VERY small Dex, but the not yet refined open world pre-Gen 9 is still so refreshing after doing the same thing over and over again for a long time.

Last edited:
The professors in scarlet and violet are not remotely hot.

Anyone who's unironically choosing which version they get based on how sexy the professor is should go to horny jail

True that. They're more awesome and badass.
Good thing I am choosing based on other factors like the legendary Pokémon.

Pfft, my choice in version was always and will always be which legendary I like more.

Heck, I even made the unpopular choice to go with Adaman in PLA because I get to catch Dialga first.

Did anyone else think Pokemon Colosseum and XD were actually pretty good? I'm aware of the controversy surrounding the former's people supposedly having no idea what they were working on, but I think they were fairly solid entries on the Gamecube at the time.

In contrast, I didn't really enjoy Battle Revolution.

Did anyone else think Pokemon Colosseum and XD were actually pretty good? I'm aware of the controversy surrounding the former's people supposedly having no idea what they were working on, but I think they were fairly solid entries on the Gamecube at the time.
The only reason I don't want to play those two is their heavy focus on doubles. That is so not for me. What I'd love is some hack that makes them more singles-oriented.

The only reason I don't want to play those two is their heavy focus on doubles. That is so not for me. What I'd love is some hack that makes them more singles-oriented.
Understandable, I think I liked them more for the RPG format kinda than anything else.

Last edited:
When pokemon next does a game with heavy subject matter like BW and SM, it should be goofy. Goofier than any pokemon game ever, even when addressing those subjects.

I genuinely physically wince in pain when people call characters like Cynthia "queen" (also goes for other characters but this one is the one I see it for the most). I can't really explain in words what it is but it just gives me goosebumps in a very negative way.

I don't think types should be merged; I think the type chart should be made more intuitive, at least for the ones based on natural elements.

Ground/rock being strong against fire doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It would make more sense if they were neutral. Same with things like ground resisting poison. (Ground Pokémon are living things, even if literal dirt is not, so they should be affected by poison imo)

I'd also like to see Pokémon receive stab for 1 more type than they actually have. Umbreon could get poison stab along with dark (the type it actually is) since it makes sense thematically.

Heck, maybe each Pokémon gen should completely overhaul the battle system each time to keep it interesting, instead of making random gimmicks.

Back
Top Bottom