• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

Necrozma played the role of boxart legendary Pokémon best. It was really fleshed out with the deepest lore and backstory of not just any of the legendary box arts, but of any Pokémon antagonist in general. It was more physically involved than most box arts in that you were able to battle it three times within the main story, but the entire story also revolved around it without many people noticing. The buildup was insane and the fight against Ultra Necrozma set a great precedent for the future of the series, so far only followed by Volo's Giratina. This wasn't all. Necrozma showed up in a manner more meaningful than anything by the likes of fan favorites such as Emerald's Rayquaza, Platinum's Giratina, or B2W2's Kyurem.

Rayquaza was just summoned to arrive in one cutscene, roar, then leave.

Giratina never had any real explanation for its involvement until 13 years later with Legends Arceus. Sure Distortion World looked cool but it was just slapped into the exact same story with no real buildup or continuation of Giratina's backstory. Platinum very hardly fleshed out on Giratina's backstory at all. It was just tacked onto Diamond and Pearl's climax for the sake of having  something done for Giratina. Legends Arceus handled Giratina a thousand times better without the need to show Distortion World, and I'd even argue BDSP handled Giratina a little better than Platinum.

Kyurem's case was never explained well in Black 2 White 2 and what it did do led Kyurem to be one of the most misunderstood Pokémon in the series.

These are just examples of fan favorites.

In addition, unlike Koraidon and Miraidon, Necrozma's story really strikes out in the way that presents how the Pokémon is legendary. It is a Pokémon that showed to have phenomenally impacted the Alola region and is deserving of being called a legendary mascot of the Alola games for it. Koraidon and Miraidon excruciatingly lack this to the point where much of the Pokémon fandom argue over whether or not Koraidon and Miraidon are even legendaries. As a fan of legendary Pokémon and Pokémon lore, these two are gravely disappointing. They were just glorified ride Pokémon and sandwich eaters with animalistic mindsets whose roles could have easily been replaced by a numerous amount of other Pokémon. Nothing legendary, just the equivalent of Pinsir slapped on the box. Give it some time. A space-time rift can drag Pinsir over too.

Necrozma and its games are some of the most slept on in the Pokémon series atm. Part of this is because people focus waaaaay too much on Lusamine adjusting to fit into Necrozma's story rather than the rationality behind her adjustments in the first place. It's also because most people generally don't care about the Pokémon involved in a story or the impact they make towards the nature of their game, as opposed to human characters.

Edit: While a mythical and starter, (Legends Arceus) Arceus and (Yellow) Pikachu also get a perfect 10/10 from me and are alongside Necrozma as the most well-executed box arts for their time and their purpose. I cannot judge LGPE but perhaps LGPE Pikachu/Eevee work great for Kanto as well? There isn't much to make of Kanto nor would it make sense for Kanto to be shoved into the traditions of many other games when they originated beforehand

Last edited:
I actually agree with this one. For example, I consider Unova to have more of a medieval history rather than anything wild west related.

i would have preferred if Kalos sticked closer to the ideals of the revolution though. why on earth is there a nobility in the france-based region of all places?

no it isn't?

france abolished its nobility in the 1800s
If you mean nobility like that, yes but there is no nobility like that in Kalos.
In France there are still people who are of noble descent, who don't have "real" privileges but who are wealthy and own castles like the Parfum Palace man.

If you mean nobility like that, yes but there is no nobility like that in Kalos.
In France there are still people who are of noble descent, who don't have "real" privileges but who are wealthy and own castles like the Parfum Palace man.
aye, people like the parfum palace guy are a thing. old money exists. i was talking about the nobility we see in the Battle Chateau. now, i realise that this isn't like real world nobility either, but it's still strange that Kalos of all places would have noble titles that seem to mean something.

aye, people like the parfum palace guy are a thing. old money exists. i was talking about the nobility we see in the Battle Chateau. now, i realise that this isn't like real world nobility either, but it's still strange that Kalos of all places would have noble titles that seem to mean something.
Yeah those are fake titles for the battle facility, Valerie and Wulfric have them even though they're supposed to be japanese and ainu so...
I think they're inspired by private clubs like the Paris Jockey Club or something like that

An eastern Europe themed region does not have to mention communism, the tsar, the ottomans, or really anything related to the more sordid parts of their history just like unova doesn’t reference 911, paldea the Inquisition, or galar the blitz.
absolutely true. i dont know why people decided that regions have to address all real world controversies. fucking legends arceus is literally a game about colonialism that does not touch on colonialism at all lol

It is inevitable that a pokemon game will be advertised using Florence+The Machine's "Stand By Me".

To me, the "no skirt allowed for players" is ridiculous. It's basically "penalizing everyone because of a few jerks", if they did it because of perverts. Did they really not think about the fact that it was better to remove the "crystal thing angle that would have caused unfortunate implications if they gave players skirts"?

With the DLCs, you'll be allowed to wear something else than uniforms, but still won't be allowed to wear skirts either.

Last edited:
i don't get the issue with skirts either. if pervs want to tilt their camera to see that the devs didn't program anything interesting under the skirts, power to them. i don't care.

I belive that's why a lot of the clothing options changed after XY. Game Freak will never take the chance of making a human Gardevoir (you know what I mean) after some...close calls then.

Back
Top Bottom