• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your current Pokemon team and the game your playing

Reaction score
Just share what your current team is and the game your playing currently. For me, I just got Ultra Moon. I'm on Mallow's trial and my team is not that great lol.
Dartrix (Lvl. 29)
Magby (Lvl. 25)
Zorua (Lvl. 22)
Arbok (Lvl. 26)
Salazzle (Lvl. 28)
Buneary (Lvl. 22)

On Sword my team is
Dover the Inteleon
Storm the Corviknight
Lightning the Boltund
Charred the Centiskorch
Strike the Sirfetch'd
Quicksand the Sandaconda

Just share what your current team is and the game your playing currently. For me, I just got Ultra Moon. I'm on Mallow's trial and my team is not that great lol.
Dartrix (Lvl. 29)
Magby (Lvl. 25)
Zorua (Lvl. 22)
Arbok (Lvl. 26)
Salazzle (Lvl. 28)
Buneary (Lvl. 22)

Dartrix and Salazzle should be able to take care of Mallow no problem — especially since Grass types are quad weak to Salazzle's STAB typing

Yellow.
Pikachu
Dodrio
Clefable
Marowak
Alakazam
Cloyster

Erdos the Snorlax
Golub the Blaziken
Antank the Durant

Doing the ribbon master challenge with Snorlax, one more ribbon in Pokemon Y to wrap up gen 6 and then we're on our way to Alola. Hoping to be in Galar before Isle of Armor's release.

Playing Omega Ruby. Current Team:

Han Solo the Marshtomp, who I have to resist the urge to just solo the whole game with
Willow the Nuzleaf, who has put in significant work already
Neo the Alakazam, who is reminding me exactly how OP Alakazam is, even in later gens
Makit the Makuhita, who almost never sees action because I always get scared about traded pokemon XP
Pikachu the Cosplay Pikachu, who with Willow suffices as an electric pokemon and looks cool
Holly the Mightyena, who is kept around for Fire Fang, and is begging for an adequate replacement (keeping my eyes open for a rock or ice type)

at the moment just using 6 Pokemon I have in my 'deep hates' to give them a chance, two (Alolan Grimer and Mawile) I'm growing a bit attached to, the other 4 not much in change, but giving all a try, at the moment: (just defeated Hala)

In Ultra Moon:"
16 - Alolan Grimer - Fiva
19 - Mawile - Florin
20 - Trapinch - Boris
18 - Grubbin - Froy
20 - Combusken - Joseph
18 - Staryu - Misty

I started a new Sword playthrough on the anniversary of the game's release, but have been playing quite sporadically and haven't got very far yet. I normally finish games in a week, so it's been refreshing to take things at a more leisurely pace. This is my current team:

Puddle the Drizzile (I always give this name to Sobble and that's where my username came from)
Geronimo the Dartrix
Admiral the Butterfree
Omen the Corvisquire
Magick the Galarian Ponyta
Pebble the Rockruff (will evolve into Midday Form)

This will probably end up being my Hall of Fame team, although I've thought about swapping Lycanroc for a Stonjourner (which I will name Solstice) once I have enough badges to catch one in the Crown Tundra.

Last edited:
I just started Diamond and my team is
Budew lv 11
Shinx level 11
Starly lv 11
Bidoof lv 11
Piplup lv 16
Psyduck lv 10

Playing 3 actively right now:
  • Shield (2nd run, just finished IoA and CT): Cinderace, Centiskoarch, Chandelure, Coalossal, Salazzle, Urshifu
  • Y (3rd? maybe 4th run? just beat Ramos): Quilladin, Tyrunt, Pyroar, Charmeleon, Absol, Manectric
  • Platinum (3rd run, just started 2 days ago): Grotle, Shellos (plan to have: Gliscor, Mamoswine, Rhydon, Garchomp)

Right now, I'm doing another Sword run so my wife can get exposure to the DLC content that she's otherwise going to take forever to get around to doing herself, lol. We're sharing input on things like character design and team composition, and right now the team we've got lined up is:

Hopscorch, the Raboot
Dagwood, the Galarian Linoone
Pepto, the Galarian Slowpoke
Mukdek, the Ivysaur
PATRISHAAAH!, the Cutiefly
Sosun, the Kubfu

The nicknames, other than Hopscorch and Pepto (which were just off-the-cuff ideas on my part), are all inside jokes, since we want this playthrough to feel like a shared thing. I've decided that we're definitely going to evolve Slowpoke into a Galarian Slowking, though, partly because I've been interested in using one, but more importantly because its Ability is Curious Medicine and the Slowpoke's name is Pepto. I mean, that's just a blatantly open goal. Meanwhile, I'm going to let my wife choose which tower we train Kubfu at, since I've already used both styles of Urshifu in other runs.

I'm also playing through Ultra Sun again on my own. Now, maybe it's because I'm three years removed from when it came out and no longer trying to blitz through it, but Ultra Sun feels pacier than I remember, and feel compelled to reiterate that I really, really love all of the little micro-events that tell small stories about everyday people in the region. I can't think of another region (besides Unova) that feels as lived-in as Alola. Maaaaybe Kalos, but that mostly just applies to Lumiose City, I think.

Anyway, my current team in the game is Torracat, Trumbeak, Slowpoke, and Leafeon (just evolved!). Torracat's a default choice, but the others I put more thought into.

I've always been somewhat curious about Toucannon and I like its colorful design, but I think I was often put off from using it because of its Normal/Flying type, when there were so many other options that felt more interesting. And wouldn't you know it, it's actually been pretty good so far! (Although the early access to Flyinium Z in this game does it a big favor, too.)

Slowpoke is there and I intend to evolve it into Slowking using my Moon file to trade with, since I've never used a Slowking. But it dodges my weird aversion to Water-type Pokémon that couldn't feasibly exist on land, and will be fun to compare with the Galarian Slowking that I plan in using in the Sword run. So far, Slowpoke's been a reliable tank, although it hasn't gotten access to many good moves yet.

And then there's Leafeon, my favorite Eeeveelution - which I've never used before! In earlier games, this was either due to the late-game presence of the Moss Rock or Leafeon's (formerly) shitty movepool. But in Ultra Sun, the Moss Rock is right there at the fourth trial, and Leafeon gets earlier access to better moves both naturally and thanks to the Move Tutors, so it finally felt like the right time to try it out.

It remains to be seen what my remaining two members will be. I set up a trade request hoping to get some help with obtaining an Own Tempo Rockruff so I can use Dusk Lycanroc, but if that doesn't pan out, I'm not sure what I might fall back on. I feel inclined to use Naganadel as the final member, even though I've done that once before. But I'm gaga for Ultra Beasts and I can't help but feel a bit charmed when the Ultra Recon Squad's Poipole wants to come with me. :X3: But idk, maybe I'll go catch a Nihilego or a Guzzlord or something, since that would require less catch-up training.

First post here, so Hi!

Game: Shield + DLC's

Team:
Lucario (lvl100)
Golisopod (lvl97)
Snorlax (lvl100) (Gigantamax)
Duraludon (lvl95)
Jolteon (lvl100)
Dragapult (lvl98)

I'm not even going to Hyper Train my team, just because it takes the challenge and fun away. IMO, that is.

I just beat the Elite 4 for the 6th time so I think I'm done with that (MOON). I'm currently shiny hunting/island scanning and my current team is

Litty the Incenaroar (100)
Joey the Munchlax (14) Found while shiny hunting
Komodo the Kommo-o (100)
Benji the Chikorita (12) Island Scan
Bisharp (76) For shiny hunting.
Rena the Magearna (61) I'm soon going to replace Rena with Rio, my Lucario (100)

Playing 3 actively right now:
  • Shield (2nd run, just finished IoA and CT): Cinderace, Centiskoarch, Chandelure, Coalossal, Salazzle, Urshifu
  • Y (3rd? maybe 4th run? just beat Ramos): Quilladin, Tyrunt, Pyroar, Charmeleon, Absol, Manectric
  • Platinum (3rd run, just started 2 days ago): Grotle, Shellos (plan to have: Gliscor, Mamoswine, Rhydon, Garchomp)

I also just completed my re-run of Sword with: Venusaur [he replaced Grookey, so couldn't nicnkame him :( ], G-Weezing (Nobyl), Skuntank (Tonks), Cinccino (Chilla), Butterfree (Flubby), Mudsdale (Oro)

Skuntank (Tonks) got replaced by Charizard (Wings) after defeating Leon. Now running around the IoA and CT with my quirky little team :D

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom