• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your drinking habits

reorio

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay, I got permission from an administrator in advance so I'm assuming as long as you don't go around talking about drunk driving or underage drinking it should be fine. (I Don't want this thread locked so don't talk about those things plz ^^)

How much do you drink a day, and how much seems to be your limit, based on what kind of alchohol you ingest?

I'm turning 21 this year so I usually get a pass with buying alcoholic beverages, I prefer to buy it in larger quantities so beer is usually the way to go. However when I really want to just get drunk I try a variety of things, tequila, vodka, or rum. (Preferably in succession as that gets me drunk much faster than normal) Usually it's the latter I drink at once cuz it's cheap (went to a bar last month and it cost like 5-8 dollars per glass when i ordered tequila lol), but boy does it taste like crap.

Rum is pretty strong from my experience so I haven't tried drinking it in large quantities yet, but i can take about 6-7 beers in a row before I feel like I have to barf. Well I haven't treid it on an empty stomach and i suspect I drank too fast (like 15 seconds per beer) so that could be the reason.

I drink on average about one night in every two months. I don't have anything against alcohol as such, but I get really bad hangovers so it's not worth me drinking. I will on occassions that call for it. I don't like to be seen as a wet blanket. When I do drink I drink a lot. Spirits mostly, that's probably why I wake up ill the next morning. I'm prone to low blood pressure so dehydration is big worry when I drink. I've fainted a couple of times, but never needed to call out a doctor or anything.

It really depends, but I haven't gone out to a pub or the likes in about three weeks. For years I did what every other teenager did and drank nagans of vodka (one usually), sometimes having a few bottles of beer as well. Lately though I find I enjoy pints and they aren't as expensive in the long run. I guess I prefer Heineken although I haven't tasted everything yet.

Also, I rarely get hangovers. I got a really bad one once, but no matter how drunk I've gotten, except for that one time, I've never had anything worse than a mild headache that only lasted until I drank some water.

Limit wise, a few pints lately or the time-tested nagan of vodka/Captain Morgan's (sometimes) and two bottles is the perfect amount for me to have a good time but not be too drunk.

I have been drinking semi-regularly for about a year or two, but I've only had headaches once. It was the night I went to a bar the other day back in March, spent about 40 bucks on drinks and walked over to the local market and fetched me some rum. Drank about half a large bottle before I went to sleep, woke up around 5 and felt a tingel in myhead

A looooong time before that I got drunk with a friend and fell asleep on my couch, but I don't remember much of that occasion as I feel that was a definite hangover, it felt like I sleepwalked or somethign. i must've been real deal drunk, she wasn't even there when I came out of it lol

Living with my boyfriend, we only drink 1 - 2 times a month, at most. And not even serious drinking. It's more experimental, like oh, I bet Kahlua would taste good with this particular coffee.

When I lived with my sister, we'd go to the bar occasionally (usually on a Thursday. $2 well drinks? Count me in!) and I can throw back some rum and whiskey drinks.
If I wanted to really get smashed, I'd drink something I don't normally drink, like tequila or gin. I find whatever I'm not into hits me the hardest, regardless of proof, etc.

I don't drink but a glass of wine a day with dinner during the week. On the weekend, especially if I go out with my friends I will drink more.

I drink when I go out with friends on special occasions. Nothing wrong with it as long as you're responsible.

My favorite is a vodka tonic with a lemon and lime wedge.

Hahaha I can only drink hard cider/beer, wine, some lighter spirits, and moscato hahahaha i'm a lightweight

I drink on occasion, meaning...a couple times a month and I drink the ones mentioned above XD i don't really drink

I don't drink very often. Usually I only drink at home during the holidays or at parties. Very rarely will I order a drink when I'm out in public.

At home I like Redd's apple or strawberry ale, and when I'm at a party Coke and rum is usually my go-to drink. Like I said, I don't usually drink when I go out, but I did recently go to a restaurant and order a cocktail I really liked: peach vodka, orange juice, and cranberry juice.

I drink regularly when opportunity affords, but never to excess, and only in certain settings.
I'm a bit of a beer snob, though, so I only get stuff every now and again due to the cost.

Heh, I don't know about what risks what response will go through, but I'll give my input.

Any type of drinks are purely for medical purposes. Whiskey for stomach problems, and of course used as a killer of germs in wounds. Other than that, even when I reach drinking age, I'll just have some in a first aid kit.

Either that or cooking, there are some dishes that require drinks, so they are just another ingredient for meat and vegetables and desserts.

My favorite is Vodka Cruiser because they're like Fanta with alcohol. That and a can of Pringles makes a very delicious late night snack for me. I used to drink maybe once or twice a month, but ever since I had stomach problems since last summer I haven't had any alcohol at all. I miss my fav blueberry flavor.

Hi, I found this thread and became curious of all the responses above. Actually, I am not in favor of drinking alcohol regularly. I also drink but i do it occasionally. For me, anything too much might affect one's health and well being. I have been hearing about side effects and negative things brought by excessive consuming of alcohol.

I drink a few beers in a normal week. A few at home in the weekend or when we're having Chinese food for dinner, one or two at the football club after the match and occasionally a few with friends.

I properly drink sometimes when we're getting together with a group of friends to drink stuff and have a good time throughout the night.
Since I started going to university this year, my intake of alcohol (mainly beer) has significantly increased. Mainly because I'm going to parties more frequently now than before.

As I said, I mostly drink beer when I drink. My favorite brand is Jupiler, closely followed by Hertog Jan. The only times I drink spirits and mix drinks are at aforementioned get-togethers with friends

Pretty much only with friends. And then, it's usually whiskey and coke.

I'm not that much of a drinker, but I do enjoy some beer and sweet drinks like cream after a meal (drinking on a full stomach makes it less likely to get drunk), thought I'm trying to get rid of some weight I gained from medicine side affects, so I won't drink beer again till I shed it.

For me it's mostly a social thing, parties or hanging out, sometimes I have a little something before going to bed.
Generally I like cocktails, sweet and fruity stuff, rum and vodka are my alcohol of choice (I can't stand whiskey). I'll drink a beer occasionally too.

Very rarely do I ever drink. Sometimes when I'm with my friends and I don't have to work the next day Ill drink a little beer.

I noticed last week that Leinenkugel's came out with their winter seasonals and I picked up a 6-pack of the Cranberry Ginger. It tastes...pretty much how you'd expect. They've got a stout, too, and I'll try that this weekend.

My girlfriend and I have started trying wines. We know nothing about it, but we know what we don't like.

But yeah, as far as the actual habits, I'm an old man and drink just a 6-pack of real beer over a couple days. In my younger days I could go through a 12-pack of Keystone and every cocktail under the sun like it was nothing.

For you younger folks that can handle it, y'all should try the Charmander shot. It's a shot of Fireball Whisky, a shot of Bacardi 151 Rum, and a splash of Grenadine. Light it on fire and shoot. It's rough but the Fireball makes it manageable. It puts hair on your chest and bartenders love it.

Um I don't actually drink any alcohol at all since I have seen to many drunks that are self loathing and no relatives of theirs comes to visit them so yeah I only drink water, soda and fruit juice (not at the same time obviously).

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom