• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Egg hatched into EzloSpirit!

EzloSpirit

Have a cute day today!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
  2. Refer To Profile
(Apologies for the really awkward thread title lol.)

Hi, Bulbapeople! I'm EzloSpirit, though most people call me Ezlo, even though I'm not a talking hat; I'm also known as Eden to those who are in the know (like you, now)! I've been a Pokémon fan for two decades, and this is the only second Pokémon forum I've ever joined; the last one was Pokémon Online, back in 2006 or 2007, which went down in early '08 (though apparently has gone through further incarnations...?). I've been meaning to join BG for a couple of years now—I chose this place over Serebii because it's smaller—but my life's been pretty hectic, so…that took a while to happen lol.

Anyway, uh, you may know me if you go on the Zelda Universe Forums, which I joined after POL died in 2008 lol. I'm a moderator there, specifically of the Creative Corner board, where people post art and writing and multimedia stuff. I write short fiction for fun, and I'll probably post some of it here at some point for your enjoyment. You can also hear me on ZUCast, ZU's official audio podcast—we're on Apple, Google, and Spotify Podcasts, so check us out of you like the Zelda no Densetsu! I'm actually the Executive Producer, and I also record the credits every episode lol, in addition to occasional appearances in other parts of the 'cast. (Oh, yeah, and I was an admin on Zelda Wiki for a couple years a few years back!)

In case you couldn't tell, my favorite Pokeyman is Togepi. (Let's just leave it at that; I could fill several pages of affectionate nicknames I have for Eggy. I mean, Togepi. lol) I'm a total sucker for cute things, and I fell in love with Togepi at first sight when I watched the anime episode "Who Gets to Keep Togepi" when it premiered in the States. (I feel old now.) I'm also a huge fan of Cosmog because Nebby is best space-derp. And Skitty because neko. Oh, and Fairy is my favorite Type because they represent light and peace and harmony and goodness, and I'm basically a Fairy-type human.

My first game was Gold Version. I still have carts of all three main-series Gen. II games on my bookshelf, though their internal batteries have unfortunately gone dry and I haven't bothered to replace them because heartbreak. I'm a non-competitive Trainer; I hate competition in general, and I mostly play the games to collect cute things, not to battle. I have also dabbled in Pokémon breeding over the years, though that's again more for the cuteness factor rather than the goal of creating killing machines lol. These days, I nickname all of my Pokémon because…I can lol.

The Johto games have a special place in my heart, being my first Pokémon games (and HGSS is just incredible in every way)—ask me to hum you any score from GSC from memory; I can probably do it if I'm wide awake!—but I'm also a huge fan of the Unova games. That said, I literally sobbed during the ending of XY, so…. Also, Hau is my precious sunshine boy. …What I'm trying to say here is that I don't discriminate against certain generations lol; I like them all for various reasons.

In teh real world, I'm currently finishing up my Master's degree in library science, which is a real thing that many people have never heard of lol. I'm hoping to work in a public library, where I can organize information and help a wide variety of people find what they're looking for; I really, really like helping people. My background is actually in information technology, and I have a major tech support certification (A+) because, again, I like to help people. As for hobbies besides vidya and writing, I like to watch not-current TV (except for Doctor Who, which I follow religiously), sing and listen to music, come up with my own TV show concepts, read Wikipedia (and Bulbapedia!), contemplate mortality, cuddle with Togepi plushies and/or actual cats, study languages other than English (including Japanese!), and obsess over cute things.

I'm pretty shy, especially around strangers, so you probably won't see me approaching you directly for a while, but I promise I don't bite! I'm known on ZU for my kindness (and yes, my Togepi obsession) and helpfulness, so I hope you'll welcome me into your community!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I go by any gender-neutral pronouns, a la carte-style. Just don't confuse people by switching pronoun sets every three words lol.

Thanks for existing, and I look forward to meeting all of you! (Sorry for the huge wall of text; I tend to write a lot lol.)

Wigglytuff said:
"We're all friends, friend!"

(P.S. Special thanks to the site staff for using XenForo instead of Burning Board, which is the piece of poo that ZU uses for its forums.)

Last edited:
togepi is a cutie!! though insanely hard to raise and evolve in the older games haha, I remember being so excited when mine first evolved during the gold and silver days.

welcome Eden. :bulbaLove: people here are very nice so hopefully you warm up in time, though there are no worries about naturally being shy either. hope you stick around!

Looking forward to reading that fiction! If you ever do decide to go about replacing the internal batteries, take solace in the fact that my own soft nubs of cartilage managed to do it for Gold, so it'll be a piece of cake for you.

I also now have the Goldenrod theme stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.

togepi is a cutie!! though insanely hard to raise and evolve in the older games haha, I remember being so excited when mine first evolved during the gold and silver days.

welcome Eden. :bulbaLove: people here are very nice so hopefully you warm up in time, though there are no worries about naturally being shy either. hope you stick around!

Hello, Sheep! (Mareep so fluffy!)

I used to have this habit, in games where you get a Togepi Egg, of never exposing my Togepi to opponents after hatching, causing it to remain "pure" lol. I think it was my SoulSilver game in which I took that to the extreme by also carrying my Togepi around in my party the entire game, effectively limiting myself to five party Pokémon. In stark contrast, Snips from Sword is a Togekiss and also my strongest Pokémon lol. Best birdie.

Nice to make your acquaintance!

Looking forward to reading that fiction! If you ever do decide to go about replacing the internal batteries, take solace in the fact that my own soft nubs of cartilage managed to do it for Gold, so it'll be a piece of cake for you.

I also now have the Goldenrod theme stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.

Na naa, na naa, na na na na naa. Na-na naa naa na, na na na na na na na naa... (Fufufufu...)

Thanks for the reassurance and your acquaintance!

Ohai! I stalked checked out your profile, and I'm always happy to meet other fans of Mimikyu the Spooky Fairy! *pets Mimikyu plushie so it doesn't feel lonely*

Welcome to the boards! I hope you have a nice time here.

Thank you! I expect that I will!

Welcome aboard! That's a pretty cool username by the way.

Thanks! It's my username from Zelda Universe, but it's kind of become a brand for me, so I use it a lot!

The story behind it is this: I made a FictionPress account in 2008, SightSpirit, which is a combination of two of the major fantasy series I've come up with (but still have yet to write), The Spirit World Saga and The Sight Chronicles. Then, in 2009, I wanted a new name on ZU because I was really becoming active for the first time. I decided to combine "SightSpirit" with something LoZ, and I'd recently played The Minish Cap, so I settled upon "EzloSpirit." It works, too, since I was short for my age most of my life, and I'm still on the short side!

welcome to the forums! :D

Thank you! Happy to be here!

AHEM I'm gonna go ahead and pop back in here to say I'm going to try this again lol. I first joined Bulba over 3 years ago and then vanished shortly afterward. Prolly because I was still overwhelmed with grad school. Funnily enough, I've been done with grad school for over 3 years now lol, so, uh...hello again!

Since we last met, I've been generally disappointed by two out of three core-series games (but very, very not disappointed by the new critters!) and screaming constantly for new soundtrack releases from OVERLAP. Sometime after my voice gave out lol, OVERLAP granted my wish, and I've preordered a CD copy of the SwSh OST, with the intention of also purchasing the PLA and SV OSTs. I've also read PokéSpe through the end of the Ruby & Sapphire arc, thanks to the library I now work for, and I recently received a box set of the first seven volumes as a gift. I am convinced that the manga is the direction the anime should have taken all along, but I've made peace that that happened somewhere in our multiverse. I've also been playing Sleep almost daily since July 2023 because the squish is hungies.

Togepi is still my lord and savior.

Basically...herro! I hope to stick around this time!

Back
Top Bottom