• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your experience with bugs and glitches ?

c la fet

Watch out for the rain of steel
Reaction score
What's your experience with bugs and glitches in the Pokémon video games ? Have you encountered a lot of them ? Have you tried triggering some of them ? Did a bug or a glitch ever bother you ? What was the most memorable one ?

I haven't encountered a lot of bugs (outside of the visual PLA/SV ones).
I recall a weird experience in BDSP with the contests : if you leave the contest to go to the Switch home menu and you go back to the contest a while after, there's a chance that the music will stop playing before the contest ends.
There's also a visual glitch in these games that takes place when you encounter a Pokémon with 2 perfect IVs while traveling with one of the 5 partner trainers : when the camera zooms in on Dawn/Lucas and their partner, their Poké Balls will suddenly appear in their hands.
Here's how it looks with Buck :
2023091512024500-7DCC42E2AF4C1BBE54BB71700F7161B6.jpg

2023091512022900-7DCC42E2AF4C1BBE54BB71700F7161B6.jpg

I had a lot of fun messing with the Void Glitch in Pearl and the Pomeg Berry Glitch (coupled with the ACE Glitch) in Emerald. They're pretty tricky but the amount of things they let you access is huge.
Some of the noises the Glitch Pokémon you can create with the Pomeg Glitch are absolutely terrifying. And these Pokémon can also trigger some interesting visual changes to your pc boxes...
IMG_20230915_120101.jpg
IMG_20230915_120336.jpg

I largely have not experienced bugs and glitches in Pokemon. The only time I had was in Red when I triggered them intentionally (particularly, I did the Missingno and Mew glitches). Other than that, haven't really encountered many.

The one I did trigger the most was the Cinnabar Island "wild Pokemon"... That was super easy to get lvl 100s with.

Somehow, I did not get anything weird in Gen 3 onwards, except the "internal battery has run out, clock based events will no longer occur" on both Sapphire and Emerald which are just inevitable after a while.

I once watched a Psyduck teleporting all over the place in the Legends Arceus overworld like it was a Minecraft Enderman. I'll admit I had to double check to confirm this was NOT normal Psyduck behavior as Psyduck is quite a strange Pokémon for its species acting in several distinct ways in this game and being tied to Psychic despite not having the type. It's also specifically made to resemble a confused status. I just never know with this thing.

Last edited:

A minor glitch that you can see around the 2 minutes mark, Ninjask can randomly stop flapping its wings

The only glitch I ever did was the cloning glitch on gen 3 battle tower

I did the Cinnabar Island glitch a few times before my Red version died. I've also exploited the Emerald cloning glitch more times than I can count lol; that's probably the best glitch in the whole franchise since it's easy to do, highly beneficial, and there's no downside as long as you follow the steps properly.

I never managed to pull off the cloning glitches in Gen 3, my cousin claimed losing a Suicune from doing it wrong... Cinnabar was awesome though, very easy lvl 100s.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom