• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Your favorite anime battle

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I once tried creating a thread kinda like this, but it had too specific terms. So let's try this again and be more simple:

What is your favorite anime battle and why?

Veteran Trainer
Reaction score
Mine will always be Ash vs Morty because it was one of the few times that Ash had an actual strategy going in with Noctowl as the ace using Foresight to make Morty's Ghost Pokemon vulnerable to being hit and later learning Confusion to help beat Gengar and earn the Fog Badge.

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
I liked most of Ash's grand trials, the ones against Hala and Olivia to be more specific. Another one that I really enjoyed was his league battle against Guzma. Lastly, some of the regular (just for fun) battles against Brock are also nice.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Ash vs. Kukui as the finale match of the Manalo Conference had too much suspense to not be the best battle for me. All bets were off and there was always something explosive happening, both literally and figuratively.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it applies to the entire Ash vs. Sawyer fight, but I still believe Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile was the peak of battle choreography in this anime.