• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Ash

Reaction score
Ok I know the title might sound weird but I wanted to ask this question. When did you guys like Ash the Best over the course of the Anime (i.e. Ash while he was in Johto) or something like that. So whats you guys answer.

BTW mine is Ash when was in the Silver Conference

Kanto Ash was funny because of how dumb he was, but I also like Ash at any sort of competition or league. His team is the best developed at the time and he battles well before his inevitable defeat.

Last edited:
Kanto :D Stupid Satoshi in his stupid hat that got into stupid fights with Kasumi! That's the best Satoshi there is <3

Kanto Ash, as many have said. Back when he was a n00b. Over the years his n00bishness has just made him look stupid, rather than uneducated.

I think most of us agree that Kanto Ash was most hilarious thing ever in Pokemon Anime. The way he tried to climb the tree to get his hat back from Mankey was epic.

Actually I prefer Advanced Generation Ash.
He was mature and helped May and Max out when they needed it.
Kanto Ash happens to be my second favorite.
I love D/p Ash too, he's awesome. I can't wait for the league episodes FYI.

Actually I prefer Advanced Generation Ash.
He was mature and helped May and Max out when they needed it.
Kanto Ash happens to be my second favorite.
I love D/p Ash too, he's awesome. I can't wait for the league episodes FYI.

But Ash helped Dawn more than he helped May and Max so don't you think DP Ash is better?

Kanto and Orange Islands for the win! 8D Hilarious! All he cared about back then was food, pokemon, and anoying the heck out of Misty! I loved their fights!

Um, Kanto Ash. Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash may be more mature, but he's not any more intelligent and he has some of the most Arceus awful dialogue ever.

Probably Kanto for me; that and Johto were the only episodes of the anime I really watched regularly.

However, I do prefer his Advance Generation hat to any of the others.

Kanto :D Stupid Satoshi in his stupid hat that got into stupid fights with Kasumi! That's the best Satoshi there is <3

This this this. <3 Ash was such a lovable and adorable character back then, with his hotheadedness and stubbornness and determination to be the world's greatest Pokemon Master--he just isn't like that anymore. But that's the Ash I love. <3

Hoenn Ash was all right too I guess. He was gaining a lot more maturity but he was still a fun character. I guess that's why I can't get into Sinnoh Ash all that much, because he just seems so dull and lackluster compared to his younger days, but then again I get that vibe from EVERY character, so that doesn't really count.

But yes. Kanto Ash. <3

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom