• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite battle facility?

Unquestionably and without a single second of doubt: the White Treehollow.

The music, the beautiful colors, and the hidden traces of lore are all fabulous, but most of all is the fact that I could use my in-game team while going through it, and that it was a really fun dungeon crawler with a reward that actually made it worth doing.

The battle factory ( both gen 3 and 4) is the only facility I've gotten 21+ streak in (aside from that one time I beat Nita in XY). I'm too lazy to breed and come up with good movesets, so I find it a lot easier to just borrow someone else's Pokemon instead. The randomized aspect of the Pokemon you get to choose also adds a lot of fun to it, since sometimes you have to come up with some wack strategies when your party sucks. Aside from the battle factory, I like the other facilities that have some kind of luck-based aspect to them, like the Battle Pike or the Battle Arcade.

The Battle Castle and Dome are also kind of fun. I'll take anything over the plain old Battle Tower we've seen in every game lately.

The Battle Frontier (Hoenn) as a whole, but particularly the Battle Pike and the Battle Pyramid because I think the concepts are just really cool and entertaining – and unexpected, at least at the time. And since I love the Battle Pyramid, I can't help but love the White Treehollow as well (I know the Black Tower is essentially the same, but the White Treehollow looks much prettier lol). I'd mention the PWT as well because it was great to see all those special trainers again, but outside of its participants, it wasn't really all that special.

My favorite is probably the battle factory. I just kind of enjoy the concept of not knowing what you're gonna get.

I never played emerald so I'm not familiar with that frontier. The platinum frontier gave me hours of entertainment, however. The Battle Hall might have been my favorite had it not been for one Shedinja that shut down my best streak lol.

The typical Battle Tower is classic, but each new variation of it just gets worse. The tower, subway, and Maison are all decent enough. But then the tree for rid of triples. The new battle Tower in gen 8 got rid of multi. My favorite part of any battle facility was teaming up with my best friend, and seeing how far we could get. For some reason they just didn't include that in Galar's tower. Honestly that's probably my biggest gripe with gen 8.

This might not be the place to ask, but what exactly made the Battle Frontier special and popular? I don’t know enough about it.

Also, I liked the Inverse Battle Facility in ORAS. It was fun seeing a Leavanny be a tank that resisted a ton of stuff

This might not be the place to ask, but what exactly made the Battle Frontier special and popular? I don’t know enough about it.
The unique rules and gimmicks its facilities have make for a much needed breath of fresh air from the normal gameplay.

Also, I liked the Inverse Battle Facility in ORAS. It was fun seeing a Leavanny be a tank that resisted a ton of stuff
Hence why i'm still waiting for a much more fleshed out battle facility that uses Inverse Battle.

Not necessarily my favorite, but I spent some time in the Battle Subway and PWT in BW/B2W2. I'm not super familiar with the Battle Institute tbh, despite it appearing in two generations lol.

I feel like the Battle Maison is super underappreciated; it would've been cool to see it represented in the anime. I kinda wish it was incorporated into Serena's goal or something. Instead of showcases, maybe she wanted the fame and status of one of the Battle Chatelaines and that invovled doing the Maison tournament or something. Idk, I was just never fond of the sexist tropes related to her writing. Alas, that's off-topic lol, sorry mods.

Battle Maison is the best Battle Tower in my opinion because it keeps all the battle formats (single, doubles, triples, multi and rotations) while having a much better streak system than previous games (you can get out anytime you want instead of every seven battles while earning more BP the further you go like previous Battle Towers). Every Battle Tower after it just did some baffling decisions that made them inferior in my opinion.

Definitely the Battle Dome and the Pokemon World Tournament. They function identically, both being bracket tournament styles where you go undefeated to get to the finals and I absolutely love tournaments. The idea of the Pokemon World Tournament's Champion Tournament itself is like the Master Class of the anime's World Coronation Series too, every region's Champion competing against one another? Sign me up! I hope the Pokemon World Tournament, maybe even rebranded as the World Coronation Series or Tournament, as a nod to the anime, returns one day in a Pokemon game, with new roster additions like Iris, Leon, Diantha, not sure what they'd do to Unova, I guess just make the PC canon like they did with Red.

I'll go with the Battle Dome, as I like its tournament setting and the fact it requires the most strategy.

I would say my favorite facility is a tie between the Pokémon World Tournament and the Battle Royal Dome. The former because it acted like a combination of previous facilities in terms of rulesets, and the later because it’s fun to see who gets to win even if you don’t. The latter is also fun because you have to think before you make a move since you can’t just getting up on one person anymore.

Does Inver count with inverse battles?

If he doesn't, then it's the Battle Arcade. I also love the Platinum Battle Factory and when I was younger, the Battle Castle.

As a general rule, I'm not a huge fan of battle facilities, but I did quite like the Battle Royal Dome because it was so different from the others. I like how Battle Royals are more about strategy than competitive breeding and training - I managed to get to the Master Rank with my in-game team.

Unquestionably and without a single second of doubt: the White Treehollow.

The music, the beautiful colors, and the hidden traces of lore are all fabulous, but most of all is the fact that I could use my in-game team while going through it, and that it was a really fun dungeon crawler with a reward that actually made it worth doing.

This is another one I liked, again because it was different. I appreciated being able to gain experience points from battling very high-level opponents. It was thanks to the White Treehollow that I managed to train some of my Pokemon to level 100 for the first time.

I'm split between the PWT and the battle castle. The PWT is just plain cool but the shop thing in the battle castle is neat, having to spend points to heal your pokemon's hp and pp and get them items is just a really interesting concept to me.

i think Emerald's battle palace is by far the most underrated battle facility to this day. i love the idea behind it in that your pokemon battle completely on their own depending on their natures. i think this can be refined a bit, but i absolutely would love something like this in a future pokemon game. it'd be interesting to see how our pokemon would battle without being given specific orders.

Battle Arcade. I love the music, and the gimmick of 'the board'. The fact that you can stack things in your favour is great. I was able to have Arcade Star Dahlia's Pokémon start off with burns. It doesn't always work out as great as that, but I love it. Even though sometimes my reflexes aren't fast enough... it's an added challenge to try and get something good from the board!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom