• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Character as a Pokémon Trainer

From the How to Train Your Dragon movies:

Movie Hiccup:
-Noivern- I had a hard time choosing a dragon type to represent Toothless so I ended up choosing two Pokemon to represent him. The first is Noivern because I feel that's the closest Dragon-type Pokemon has to a Night Fury.

-Goodra- The second Pokemon I chose to represent Toothless is Goodra because not only does Goodra's personality fit Toothless but it's face is pretty reminiscent of Toothless especially its large green eyes.

-Skitty- Toothless is very heavily inspired in design by a cat and his mannerisms heavily take after a playful kitten.

-Klingklang- To represent Hiccup's inventor side.

-Dragonair- To represent Valka and how Hiccup prefers to be a peacekeeper between dragons and vikings.

-Coballion- I just feel like this Pokemon represents leadership and the responsibility chieftainship holds very well.

Astrid:
-Altaria- Altaria is a beautiful blue Dragon type like a Deadly Nadder is a beautiful blue dragon.

-Crobat- Deadly Nadders are supposed to be one of the swiftest dragon species and the swiftest regular Flying type is Crobat. It is also part Poison type and Nadders can shoot poisonous spikes from their tails.

-Growlithe- Stormfly's personality and mannerisms definitely take after a dog and I consider Growlithe the perfect mix of loyal and playful. It can also breathe fire.

-Aegislash- A perfect Pokemon for a strong viking warrior.

-Escavalier- It looks like an axe.

And then the book series.

Book Hiccup:
-Vibrava- In the book series, Hiccup has a small, green dragon named Toothless. Vibrava represents Toothless' size perfectly and kind of matches Toothless' color scheme.

-Magikarp>Gyarados- Hiccup is an underdog and in the books, he is often referred to the nickname "Hiccup the Useless" or just "Useless". The books also have an overarching theme about becoming a hero the hard way and no Pokemon embodies that more than the Magikarp line.

-Alakazam- If there's one thing the books emphasize, Hiccup may not be the biggest or strongest viking in the world but he is the smartest. Just like Hiccup, Alakazam would be able to analyze a situation and think up a plan fast. It would also provide a fiendish amount of luck.

-Honedge- Hiccup is an excellent swordfighter in the books. As this Pokemon would appear with pretty much every other viking, each of them have differences in size and appearance. Hiccup's Honedge would be a lot like his sword in the books, kind of small, a little rusty along the edges, and has the motif of a dragon's tail along it's blade.

-Drampa- Hiccup has a second dragon called the Windwalker in the books. Drampa looks the closest to it and has its personality.

-Kingdra-
Trying to keep this as simple as I can, in the last four 1/2 books of the series, a Seadragonous Giganticus Maximus named Furious starts a dragon rebellion that seeks to wipe out the human race after years of being enslaved and mistreated by humans and, in Furious' case, a betrayal that resulted in the death of his brother and led to him being locked up for 1,000 years. This starts a war between dragons and humans and later, humans who want the war to end with the dragons going extinct and those that want the war to end with no one going extinct. The only way to end the rebellion is to find the 10 King's Things, the most important being the Dragon Jewel, and get crowned king on the Isle of Tomorrow. Hiccup has already collected eight of them throughout the series and, being passionate about dragons, goes to find the final two. Through several series of events too numerous to recount and great difficulty and loss, he manages to find both items, get to the Isle of Tomorrow, get crowned king, find out how the Dragon Jewel works, and end the war between man and dragon with both species living on peacefully for the rest of his lifetime.
Kingdra represents what he has accomplished.

Accompanying:
Noivern- In the ninth book, Hiccup meets an old dragon called the Wodensfang.
t's heavily implied that the movies take place a long time before the books and the Wodensfang is supposed to be a version of movie Toothless.
Like the dragon this Pokemon represents, it is the size of a Noibat due to its old age.

Book Fishlegs:
-Clauncher- To represent the lobster claw necklace Fishlegs has in the books that is his most prized possession.

-Magikarp- Same reason Hiccup has one. However unlike other Magikarp, this one has Rage. This is to reference Fishlegs' Berserk side.

-Sligoo- It looks the closest to Fishlegs' dragon in the books, Horrorcow.

-Buizel- Fishlegs can't swim and since so many viking activities take place at sea, this Pokemon would be very needed.

-Honedge- Sadly the weakest Honedge in the world to reference Fishlegs' sword, Mr. Pointy.

-Hydreigon-
During the 10th book, they meet a Triple Headed Deadly Shadow dragon that belonged to Fishlegs' mother which becomes Fishlegs' main dragon for the rest of the series.

Alvin the Treacherous (Hiccup's archenemy in the books):
-Shuppet- Alvin's whole motivation is based around revenge and Shuppet crave vengeful emotions. At first, he would have one Shuppet around him but as his thirst for vengeance grows throughout the series, more and more would flock around him.

-Aegislash- To represent what is considered to be one of the best and most impressive looking swords in the archipelago, this Aegislash would take after Alvin's sword, big, shiny, and having a lightning motif along it's blade. To reference how Alvin keeps losing limbs throughout the series, this particular one's Defense form gets more and more chipped away until it completely disappears in the final books.

-Bisharp- Not only are these Pokemon said to be merciless while finishing off a target, Bisharp lead groups of Pawniard to do it. This makes this Pokemon perfect for "His Most Mighty Murderousness, Alvin the Treacherous, Great High Chieftain of the Outcast Tribe".

-Garchomp- This was a hard choice because the most prominent dragon that appears with Alvin in the books is an Exterminator, a big, black, panther-like dragon with sword claws at the end of its talons. There's not a Dragon type Pokemon that looks quite like this so I ended up going with Garchomp for being big, having a dark color scheme, and having long claws/fins/scythes on its arms.

-Mismagius- His mother's a witch.

-Kingler-
When it is first realized that one of the things that has to happen to end the rebellion is to become king, the vikings' first course of action is to have a swordfighting competition to decide who should collect the items and become the next king. Initially Hiccup wins the competition but after a secret is revealed that gets him thrown into exile, Alvin becomes king of the Wilderwest for the 10th book and stays as a contestor for king for the rest of the series.
This particular one has a metal right claw to reference Alvin's hookhand.

Camicazi (Astrid's book counterpart)
-Salandit- Camicazi is a burglar, Salandit is based off a bandit. This one is a female to represent the fact that Camicazi is a heir to an all-female tribe.

-Dratini- To represent her dragon, Stormfly. Stormfly in the books is a very rare, serpentine Mood dragon and Dratini is a rare, sepentine Dragon type.

-Kecleon- Another attribute of Mood dragons is that can change color at whim. Dratini can't do that but Kecleon can.

-Klefki- Camicazi can get into anything.

-Snivy- Camicazi is very smug in the books and Snivy's one of the most smug Pokemon there is.

Last edited:
I like Hello Kitty a lot :p As a Pokemon trainer, uhhh...

She'd probably have a Delcatty 'cuz its a fancy prim type cat like her actual cat Charmmy is lol

And Hello Kitty can be a Pokemon trainer :p She's an anthro cat.

Here's more characters I like that I thought up teams for:

Leif (FE GotHW & Thracia 776):
Eevee
Aegislash
Gumshoos
Decidueye
Rapidash

He was pretty hard to form a team for. In GotHW he can promote to Master Knight and they have a wide range of weapon arsenal to them, so with Eevee since it has a wide range of evolutions to it I thought it would fit well with him, also Jolteon and Flareon can represent the thunder and fire magic for the class. Decidueye and Aegislash represent the sword and bow weapons for the class, Rapidash represents the horse they use. As for Gumshoos I threw it in since Leif himself can be tenacious too at times, mainly in Thracia 776.

Copen (Gunvolt series):
Houndoom
Charizard
Bisharp
Lucario
Mightyena
Silvally

Copen is a lone wolf and is very headstrong and stubborn in his beliefs and mission, so I think these Pokémon fit him for that personality. Bisharp reminds me of his outfit too in a way, Charizard represents him lashing out at times, Houndoom and Mightyena fits the lone wolf persona, Lucario does too in a way (though I'm basing this more on the movie Lucario), and as for Silvally it represents both his sister (for her actually being born with a septima which used to make her an Adept, the very people Copen hates, before it was removed by her father) and as Copen's desire to destroy all Adepts; it evolving from a Type: Null shows that while he has come to terms with his sister (used to) being one, he still does not trust/like the rest. Type: Null/Silvally being kind of an abomination yet made to be a UB fighter is a ironic/fitting Pokémon for him.

Neito Monoma (MHA):
Ditto
Zoroark
Sableye
Alola Persian
Furfrou

Neito's Quirk is Copy, meaning he can copy anyone's Quirk for a limited amount of time, so Ditto being able to copy other Pokémon and Zoroark having the illusion ability is very fitting for him. Alola Persian and Furfrou are Pokémon a smug individual would most likely have, and I added Sableye cause it looks like it has a constant smug like smirk.

Cuza Ackerman (Beyblade Burst Evolution):
Chatot
Aipom
Vigoroth
Dusknoir
Spiritomb
Metagross

Cuza is a fun character with a fun personality. He is a performer so him having Aipom and Vigoroth represents his ability to do many flips, tightrope walking, and various other tricks since both those Pokémon are hyper like he is at times and Chatot represents his cockatoo Carl. Now I couldn't really find Pokémon representing his Bey Cognite C3 6Meteor Trans, so I thought Dusknoir, Spiritomb, and Metagross were close enough.

Yuna (Final Fantasy X)

Noivern
Incineroar
Zebstrika
Froslass
Salamence
Gallade

backups:
Beedrill
Machamp

Her team is based on her Aeons from FFX.
Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva, Bahamut, Yojimbo, Magus Sisters & Anima respectively.

Machamp for Anima is kindof a stretch but they both have 4 arms and are capable of throwing innumerable punches.

Black Panther:

Liepard: Close as your gonna get to a Panther in the Pokémon world.

Aggron (Mega): A reference to the toughness of vibranium.

Greninja: To reference his stealthiness.

Alolan Marowak: To reference the ancestral plane.

A female pyroar: To reference the Dora milaje.

Machamp: Referencing his mastery over martial arts.

Once again more favorite characters I thought up teams for:

Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler):
Litwick
Alola Meowth
Mimikyu
Houndoom
Aegislash
Honchkrow

I went with a dark and ghost type team for him for obvious reasons. The ghost Pokémon are a reference to his last name and the dark Pokémon are that he is part of the Aristocrats of Evil, he also goes to dark and unsavory places at times in the manga as part of being the Queen's Watchdog. I also specifically chose Houndoom for the team as a reference to his late dog Sebastian, and it's a hellhound and his butler, also named Sebastian, is a demon after all.

Hanta Sero (MHA):
Ariados
Galvantula
Leavanny
Tangrowth
Shuckle
Dragonite

I went with a mostly bug type team, as most can learn String Shot anyway and his Quirk is Tape which is sticky like webbing from a spider and bug. Tangrowth has vines that can wrap around an opponent like Hanta's tape power can do, Shuckle and Leavanny add to the bug theme plus of their slight derpiness like Hanta himself is at times. Now Dragonite is the one that breaks the theming of type/ability, and I mainly added it cause it has that cute derpy smile like Hanta has, also I can kind of see him having this Pokémon in a way too.

Mina Ashido (MHA):
Poipole
Clefable
Goodra
Alola Muk
Gorebyss
Nidoqueen

Her team is mainly for design reasons and of course have poison types to reference her Quirk Acid. Also some Pokémon on her team are added for their otherworldly-ness, similar to Mina's own design and first hero name choice "Alien Queen".

Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening):
Kirlia
Maractus
Spinda
Baile Oricorio
Bellossom
Primarina

Olivia is a dancer in this FE installment so I simply added Pokémon that have direct reference to dancing in general.

I have an idea for another team. How about one for Snail-chan?

1. Sliggoo: a clear fit for the lavender-haired snail girl.
  2. Magcargo (shiny): see above.
  3. Jigglypuff: Snail-chan seems to like Kirby, and this puffball is practically Pokémon’s Kirby. She’d like it.
  4. Drifloon: Snail-chan floats up to her castle on a balloon, so there ya go.
  5. Mismagius: In her Magical Holiday video, we see Snail-chan as a mage with a cute li’l witch’s hat on.
  6. Minior (yellow): In said holiday video, she also returns a cute yellow shooting star to space.

This was kinda fun.

Marx (Kirby Super Star):

Blacephalon
Mawile
Inkay
Mime Jr.
Poipole
Jirachi

-Blacephalon, Mawile, Inkay, and Poipole were all chosen because
Marx's original appearance featured him as a deceitful, manipulative individual who turned out to be the perpetrator of the conflict that he enlist's Kirby's help for.
-His playable appearance as a Dream Friend in Kirby: Star Allies also featured him using his beach ball in many of his attacks; the ball itself being depicted as an explosive, much like how this clowny UB uses its head as an explosive.
-For Mime Jr., I just sorta felt that it was the closest thing to a jester with its 'hat' and 'dress', and it does kinda look like its balancing on plenty of its sprites, just like how Marx balances on a ball in his initial form. -
-Finally, Jirachi is a comet-based entity that is Steel/Psychic type and can grant wishes.
It's a perfect stand in for the mechanical comet, NOVA; Marx caused the entire conflict so that he could gain access to the wish-granting star and use him to achieve god-like power, all so he can wreak havoc on Pop Star to his desires.

Last edited:
More I thought of:

Alois Trancy/Jim Macken (Black Butler season 2 anime only):
Drifloon
Meowth
Duskull
Ariados
Malamar
Sableye

Now he is an anime only character that appears in season 2 of the series, and it's been a while since I've watched it so I mostly just went with a team that compliments his design and personality and to kind of contrast with Ciel's. I specifically picked Ariados due to his own butler Claude also being a demon, and a spider one at that, and Malamar is very similar in that Alois/Jim himself is a nefarious person from what I've remembered of him.

Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler):
Liepard
Spiritomb
Weavile
Alola Persian
Gengar
Mismagius

Ciel's demon butler waiting to get his young master's soul, I went with a dark and ghost type team to compliment being a demon and his design/slight personality. Also Liepard and Alola Persian are definitely added since he loves cats lol, I would've added other cat Pokémon but these two are the ones that fit him most with the added bonus of being dark type.

Itsuka Kendo (MHA):
Machamp
Hariyama
Sawk
Throh
Pangoro
Bewear

Pretty obvious for her to have an all fighting type team due to her Quirk being Big Fist and being a close combat fighter.

Izuku Midoriya (MHA):
Eevee
Riolu
Breloom
Hitmonlee
Azumarill
Lopunny (w/ mega stone)

His team can be a toss up really, can be either full fighting type or no, there are actually quite a few Pokémon that can fit him for a team. So I did add in fighting types that focus on kicks with Breloom, Hitmonlee, and Mega Lopunny; Riolu as well as it's evolution can use kicks as well in it's fighting, but I had it stay as a Riolu as Izuku himself is still growing into his Quirk/fighting and I feel when it eventually evolves into Lucario it can be up there as one of his aces. Azumarill, as well as Lopunny again, are the added benefit to compliment his hero costume having rabbit like ears (I know they actually aren't, but they do still look the part). Eevee is to represent him being a normal quirkless person before he inherited All Might's Quirk OfA, and it being cute fits for him for also being a cutie lol.

Poseidon, Greek god of the Oceans:

Empoleon (trident)
Mudsdale (Poseidon was responsible for earthquakes, and was a god of horses, too)
Dusknoir (a lot of Poseidon's children were cyclopes)
Gyarados (giant sea monster)
Whiscash (fish that causes earthquakes)
Kingdra ( a sea horse)

EDIT March 1, 2019:

I'm in a Power Rangers mood at the moment, so I will do six Pokemon for each of the first five Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (and also six for Tommy, namely three to suit him as the Green Ranger, and three as the White Ranger)

Billy the Blue Ranger.

Bastiodon (to represent the Triceratops Dinozord)
Zebstrika ( to represent the Unicorn Thunderzord)
Mightyena (to represent the Wolf Ninjazord)
Metagross (Billy is the token nerd of the rangers)
Blastoise ( mostly because it's blue)
Sawk (a blue fighting type)

Trini/Aisha the Yellow Ranger.

Persian (to represent the Sabertooth Tiger Dinozord)
Ampharos (to represent the Griffin Thunderzord)
Ursaring (to represent the Bear Ninjazord)
Ninjask (it's yellow and agile)
Scrafty (a yellow fighting type)
Jolteon (its fur is jagged like daggers which are the Yellow's Ranger's signature weapons)

Zack/Adam the Black Ranger

Donphan (to represent the Mastodon Dinozord)
Luxray (to represent the Lion Thunderzord)
Greninja (to represent the Frog Ninjazord)
Haxorus (The Black Ranger has a battle axe for a signature weapon)
Pangoro (a fighting type with black fur)
Hitmontop (a fighting type inspired by dance moves for combat)

Jason/Rocky The Red Ranger

Tyrantrum (to represent the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord)
Charizard (to represent the Red Dragon Thunderzord)
Darmanitan (to represent the Ape Ninjazord)
Hawlucha (a fighting type that is red)
Bisharp (looks like a Red Power Ranger)
Rhyperior (because it's red)

Kimberly/Kat the Pink Ranger

Aerodactyl (to represent the Pterodactyl Dinozord)
Talonflame (to represent the Firebird Thunderzord)
Skarmory (to represent the Crane Ninjazord)
Mienshao ( a pink-ish Fighting type)
Sylveon (pink Pokemon)
Decidueye (uses a bow and arrow like the pink ranger)

Tommy the Green/White Ranger
Sceptile (to represent the Dragonzord)
Purugly (to represent the White Tigerzord)
Staraptor ( to represent the Falcon Ninjazord)
Tyranitar (Tommy started out as a powerful villain when he was first seen as the green ranger)
Abomasnow (both Green and White)
Chesanught (a fighting type with Green and White, also armor)

Last edited:
Tobias (Pokemon)

Only Darkmons, lol:

1. Darkrai
  2. Weavile
  3. Houndoom
  4. Shiny Greninja (Dark is Darker)
  5. Hydreigon
  6. Gengar ( - I like @.@ gengar - )
It is possibly my team (if i were a character), but i think that this would be a better team for Tobias

Last edited:
Captain America

Braviary: This one should be self explanatory.
Aegislash: Because of his vibranium shield.
Machamp: The Super Soldier serum
Avalugg: The Man was frozen in ice, it’d be a sin to not put an ice type on his team. Lol.
Gyrados: Meant to resemble how he used to be weak before eventually becoming Captain America.
Weavile: Meant to resemble Bucky. Hey he is called the “Winter” Soldier after all.

This time I made teams of Touken Ranbu characters, though only three so far. Since all the guys in this game and it's anime adaptation are personified swords, I decided to make their teams based on personality and design and I tried to add in certain steel types that looks/feels fitting for the characters, instead of making their teams all steel type. (cause let's be honest, this series has lots of characters and not all steel Pokémon will fit them and there isn't enough Pokémon of this type for every character anyway)

Nakigitsune:
Alola Vulpix
Ninetales (Kanto)
Lucario
Umbreon
Absol
Houndoom

This was a pretty easy team idea for him tbh. Nakigitsune has a fox with him all the time that speaks for him since he isn't great at socializing, so it was easy to add in suitable canine Pokémon for his team. Lucario also has the added bonus of being part steel, so it's a win-win.

Honebami Toushirou:
Mightyena
Glaceon
Espeon
Froslass
Escavalier
Alola Sandslash

Honebami is a stoic character, he is very silent, hard to read, and reserved and is always around Namazuo Toushirou. This team is made up around his design mostly, and I tried to add in Pokémon that fits his personality the best but most clash with him, so hopefully these 'Mons work the best (as I find them to be close enough to fit his demeanor).

Namazuo Toushirou:
Misdreavus
Mawile
Weavile
Zoroark
Gengar
Granbull

Namazuo is a mischievous and strong willed guy that also likes to pull pranks. His team was kinda easy to form, though I think I went with more mischievous Pokémon by accident, though I think any and all Pokémon can be strong willed anyway so it shouldn't matter. But I added in Granbull since this Pokémon definitely looks and acts more strong willed, at times at least.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom