• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Elite Four member?

hanecco

Hoppip Appreciator
Reaction score
Mine is Will - specifically, his HGSS incarnation. I just like his design a lot. These days that kind of look would probably go to a Dark-Type member, like Grimsley (but he's having a mid-life crisis by the looks of USUM. :wynaut: )

I actually really like Caithlin. The design is nice and I think it's nice that they actually used a former character and showed their progress, in her case being able to control her psychic powers somewhat.

It's a toss-up between three.
-Agatha for having a history with Professor Oak I'd be super interested in learning more about.
-Malva for having a history as a Team Flare member that's actually expanded on later.
-Shauntal for having a really neat character idea. I love how she shares with you random passages from her books before you battle her. (Side note: Do you think Lucian's a fan of hers?)

Last edited:
It's hard since I don't have just one favorite, so I'll list my favorites from each gen/region:

Kanto - Agatha, I like that she's the first elderly elite four member and similar with the person above would love to learn more about her past.
Johto - Will, mainly in his HGSS appearance since his design is better looking, and he's a cutie.
Hoenn - Drake, cool looking design and he did give me a bit of a challenge in the original RSE games, so I certainly respect him for that.
Sinnoh - Lucian, purely design reasons and him being a bookworm, plus also being a cutie.
Unova - Grimsley, another cool looking design, though I feel bad for him in SM/USM when he developed a gambling addiction. I relate a bit to him since one of my older cousins back in Italy also developed a gambling addiction, so I just want to see Grimsley have a better life.
Kalos - Siebold, he's cute and a chef, that's all.
Alola - Kahili, a pro-golfer as an elite four member? Yes please.

Sometimes I forget SM has an Elite Four as well...

That said, my favourite is definitely Kahili. I love her design, but also the fact that they subtly hint and hype her while you do the Island Challenge.

Even the battle stance. She's amazing!

I also gotta join in with the Kahili group. I'll admit I hardly cared about the E4 most of the time but she did win me over. Maybe it was her use of the Flying-type which is my favorite type. Regardless I liked her right away.

Caitlin, I like her backstory and development.
I also quite like Lorelei and Drasna.

Kanto - Lance by a mile. The dude’s just awesome.
Johto - Karen, of course (and I think we all know why).
Hoenn - Either Sidney or Phoebe. I can’t choose between the two.
Sinnoh - Aaron. I like his design, and his episode in the anime was pretty cool (and showed that even the Elite Four can be flawed).
Unova - Grimsley by far. He’s probably my favorite Elite Four member of all time. i love his design, I love his team, I love his quotes, I love the room you fight him in, and I love his appearance in SM/USUM (even if he was apparently...fired...I think?). Everything about him is great.
Kalos - Wikstrom. I love the way he dresses and talks like a medieval knight. He’s such a LARPer!
Alola - Kahili. She was never that interesting in the games, but her episode in the anime was really fun and gave us a much deeper look into her character. (Also, that scene where she used Toucannon as an actual cannon was pure gold).

My two favorite:
Phoebe - she seems super nice and it's kool that her look doesn't scream ghost type at all.
Kahili - just like her design

I also like:
Agatha - It's nice to see older women represented and I think her look goes well with the Ghost type.
Bertha - same as Agatha.

Karen, mostly because I like her philosophy, specially after seeing the worse part of the competitive scene of, well, everything. You should use what you like and have fun, not what works and be the same as everyone.

Kanto: Blue (Lorelei for E4)
Johto: Will
Hoenn: Steven (Drake for E4)
Sinnoh: Cynthia (Lucian for E4)
Unova: Iris (Caitlin for E4)
Kalos: Drasna
Alola: Tie between Molayne and Acerola

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom