• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Frontier Brains ?

Your favorite Frontier Brains ?

• Emerald Anabel

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Brandon

• Greta

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Tucker

• Spenser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noland

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Lucy

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Palmer

• Darach/Platinum Caitlin

• Dahlia

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Argenta

• Thorton

• Emmet

• BW/BW2 Ingo

• Nita

• Evelyn

• Dana

• Morgan

• SM Red

• SM Blue

• Leon

• Total voters

c la fet

Watch out for the rain of steel
Reaction score
Who are your favorite Frontier Brains/Subway Masters/etc... from the Pokémon video games ?
(I know there are already threads about them but they're very old)
Mine are Palmer and Evelyn.

Last edited:
I like Anabel because of how she transported from Emerald to Gen 7 and ended up with arguably the most stacked team any Battle Facility Head has ever gotten when you face her in the Battle Tree. While she isn't Head of the Battle Tree, she certainly seems like it given that team. I will admit I never battled her in any battle facility. I've literally battled every other boss in the Battle Tree at least twice if not more, while going through hundreds and hundreds of battles, but still never found Anabel once. I was never interested in trying out the Emerald Battle Tower.

I like Noland because Emerald's Battle Factory was one of the main battle facilities I've played during my time as a Pokémon player. He seemed pretty cool and it being a facility where everyone had random Pokémon gave this guy a lot of potential to have whatever. In the match where I got Gold Badge against him, he had a Latios, which was cool. Honestly I'm just biased because the Battle Factory was a pain in the butt to go through and being able to reach his battle in Gold twice was rewarding.

Lastly, say what you want about the Battle Maison. A lot of people are still very upset that it replaced the Battle Frontier, but I'm not gonna lie. As characters, the Battle Chatelaines are everything battle facility leaders should be. All four of them have insanely scary teams that top over a vast majority of trainers in the upper level of their facility (very unlike Red, Ingo, Emmet, and the man who somehow decided Regigigas was a good gold banner Pokémon). They all only have legendaries in their real team, and while that may sound cheap, teams like these SHOULD BE what major postgame bosses have. It's a shame how many battle facility heads get overall awful teams instead. The Battle Chatelaines also all also have the most fleshed out and engaging personalities of any battle facility leader in the series. Nita is very rash and hasty, Evelyn is very shy, Dana is very sassy but is a little afraid of Morgan, Morgan is very careful and the most mature about the way she treats players. She is also the de-facto leader of the group.

Althought I haven't watched the RSE portion of the anime, I really liked Brandon in the DP anime, his battle against Paul is one of my favourites. I still haven't made my way to the Emerald Battle Frontier but I will say that Anabel is also really cool. Looker is one of my favourite characters, and seeing her be a police partner to him was really neat. Ingo is probably my favourite out of all of them, but something that always upset me was that his team(s) don't feel distinct. Where past Battle Facility bosses had legendaries, Ingo's team (while composed of strong Pokemon) feels weaker compared to the rest. I think Lucy and Argenta are also neat! I just don't know much about them to be honest.

And then theres Red, who's always cool because he's Red.

I like Thorton. I'm a fan of excessively nerdy characters. SM Red and Blue are pretty cool too, plus their battle music goes hard.

Honestly I wish the Frontier Brains had more personality, like if we got to interact with them outside of their battle facilities. At least with the Chatelaines we get to see their dynamics with each other, that makes it a little more interesting.

Tucker and Lucy are my favorites. Their designs are both great, I like Tucker's enthusiasm and the fact that Lucy is just kind of a jerk towards the player is actually what I like about her lol. Thorton's also pretty funny, and I gotta respect Brandon for using some of my all-time favorite Pokémon.

I actually never really considered the characters from other battle facilities to be "Frontier Brains" since, well, they're not technically from a Battle Frontier, but by definition it makes sense. does that mean my favorites are actually Red and Blue by default? :unsure:

I actually never really considered the characters from other battle facilities to be "Frontier Brains" since, well, they're not technically from a Battle Frontier, but by definition it makes sense.
I believe the term that covers them all is "battle facility leader".
How did you know :wynaut:
Datamined info.

I think I don't need to voice where I stand here LMAO, but I slid my vote under the table nonetheless. I'll spare giving everyone my opinions in detail.
but something that always upset me was that his team(s) don't feel distinct. Where past Battle Facility bosses had legendaries, Ingo's team (while composed of strong Pokemon) feels weaker compared to the rest.
This is a valid take. It's no secret that he had some dangerous Pokemon during the competitive era of gen 5 (COUGH EXCADRILL COUGH), and I definitely agree with you in that his team doesn't feel as imposing, if not for the lack of legendaries, I believe a lot has to do with how the competitive scene had changed during that era (if they were insane enough to give him a Sandforce + Ground Gem Excadrill, could you imagine...). The twins' teams are definitely black sheep choices, and I can't help but feel it was due to the region-locked dex, and how fragile such balances could be broken therein. Just my age-old hunch anyway.
anabel, emmet and ingo
anabel and the subway twins a million times over
gives you both my (biased) gold star stickers on your foreheads.

Outside of the realm of my two most important characters I totally don't draw all the time-- I've had a soft spot for Anabel since she became a Faller, and I cannot lie, Red and Blue were so important to me in my childhood and seeing their grown-up selves on honeymoon vacation in Alola was just such a cute throwback. Palmer also gets a nod because a childhood friend of mine really liked him.

Back
Top Bottom