• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Gym Leaders

Who are your favorite gym leaders?

• Total voters

Alexg23

#TeamScorbunny
Reaction score
I checked, and while there are threads like this, they are all long dead, so let's try to keep this one alive, OK?

My favorites:

• Blaine
  • Bugsy
  • Jasmine
  • Wattson
  • Flannery
  • Norman
  • Tate and Liza
  • Wallace
  • Roark
  • Gardenia
  • Maylene
  • Byron
  • Candice
  • Volkner
  • Elesa
  • Skyla (all time favorite)
  • Brycen
  • Iris
  • Roxie
  • Viola
  • Korrina
  • Clemont
  • Valerie
  • Wulfric

in Good looking / Cool / Stylish way

- Lt. Surge
- Sabrina
- Volkner
- Cilan
- Elesa
- Roxie

I am not even sure if there is any other way to judge leaders under favourites heading.

Brock and Misty: I grew up watching them in the anime. See my public conversation with Pokémon 123 for Misty.
Lt Surge: His English/Japanese-speak in the original Japanese language was too funny to not like.
Sabrina: She was a force to be reckoned in Gen 1, she became smoking hot in Gen 4 for an unexpected reason, and she's in a movie in Gen 5.

Clair: She's the most fittingly difficult when I played GSC. And she and her ridiculous costume is made for some great comedy in HGSS.

Blue: He's so far the only gym leader that does not have a fixed type. Why can't we have a 9th Gym or a Battle Facility Gym that does the same?

Grant: For all the weakness Rock-type had, Grant sure was no slouch at all. The dual-typings, the movepools, and the abilities made me stop laughing at Rock-types and their numerous weaknesses.
Clemont: "The future is now, thanks to science!" Even better in the anime where some of his inventions actually do succeed, but inevitably explode due to a lack of a fail-safe measure.

Ok, since I'm not really familiar with Sinnoh/Unova, I can't include any from those right now.
Anyways, my choices are:

Erika - It's actually because of her did I start to realize how much I really like grass types (and kimonos).
Koga - Despite being an annoying fight, I thought it was cool that he was a ninja.
Blaine - I love fire types and I think it's cool that you can avoid all the trainers if you know enough about Pokemon.
Falkner - Flying types aren't bad, but the real reason I picked him is because I just really like his design.
Brawly - Same as Falkner, just replace "Flying" with "Fighting".
Winona - She's really cool looking, and I always thought that her fight was fun. Not to mention she lives in such a cool town.
Valerie - She's got a really cool style, and the fact that she wants to "feel like a Pokemon" is a cool concept in my opinion. Plus her gym and town is the best in the Kalos region.

Bugsy, Flannery, Norman, Tate and Liza, and Fantina

Gen 1
Blaine- I like him because of Arcanine
Gen 2
Claire- This gym leader almost made me cry when I played Silver back in the old days. I was 10 years old then and when I beat her, I almost cry when she refused to give me the badge. And I almost quit the game while saying, "What I have done! I beat you! Give me the badge!!"
Gen 3
Wallace- I like his role in the story.
Gen 4
Volkner- I like his gym!!
Gen 5(B/W)
Brycen- Because of his costume and pokes
Gen 5(B2/W2)
Elesa- Now this is one hot gym leader!!
Gen 6
Clemont- Maybe this is the Gen where I hate all the gym leaders especially Grant and Ramos! C'mon, Ramos, a gen 6 Gym leader, using a Gen 1 Pokemon?? 2nd evo first gen Weepinbell? Really!? And Grant, using just two Pokemon?? I was just fascinated with Clemont's gym. That's why I like him.

By design - Lenora and Korrina - Korrina takes my #1 vote
forgot to also include Roxie in my vote - that Rock N' Roll gym leader!!

for Pokemon - Lenora and Korrina equally, they made it fun and exciting - many times, when I battled them it was my favorite Pokemon vs my favorite Pokemon (Watchog vs Lenora's Watchog & Mienfoo vs Korrina's Mienfoo)

for each gen:
Gen 1 [lost the game in 2005 - Fire Red] - Sabrina, cool looking design
Gen 2 [via Soul Silver] - Chuck, uses one of my favorite types
Gen 3 [lost the game in 2005 - Ruby] - Tate & Liza - it was awesome having a double-battle gym
Gen 4 [Pearl] - Crasher Wake - great design, and uses Floatzel
Gen 5:
BW - Lenora - because of that cute Watchog
B2W2 - Cheren - again she uses my #2 favorite Pokemon, cute Patrat
Gen 6 [XY] - Korrina! awesome design, uses my favorite type and #4 favorite Pokemon Mienfoo

I think my favorite gym leader will always be Sabrina. I liked her back story and she was a cool character. Next would be Blaine and Elesa.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom