• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Your favorite Japanese Artist(s)?

Victorica

Reaction score
Ever since I first listened to Japanese music, I've became fans of some of them! It ranged from utaite, Vocaloid artists and professionals ect~ I'm curious as to what's your favorite Japanese Artist! ^^

Here's my list:

ONEOKROCK
HoneyWorks
CHiCO
nano
goosehouse
supercell
Hanatan(Utaite)
Sana(Utaite)
Amatsuki(M, Utaite)
96neko
yuikonnu
ayaponzu*
Last. Note

Post a song of the artist if you can too~
Here's one:
[video=youtube_share;gF5KPfNeZCM]https://youtu.be/gF5KPfNeZCM[/video]
(HoneyWorks ft. Sana and CHiCO~)

I echo your sentiments on supercell and Goose house! They are among my long list of favorites. I'll attempt to lay them out here, with some general categorization to preserve sanity:

Rock/pop bands:
SCANDAL - They win as my all around favorite Japanese musician/group.
Kalafina
supercell
Goose house

Vocalists:
Lia - She is easily my favorite vocalist!
川田まみ (Mami Kawada)
KOTOKO
島みやえい子 (Eiko Shimamiya)
詩月カオリ (Kaori Utatsuki)
やなぎなぎ (yanaginagi)

Hardcore DJs/arrangers:
DJ Noriken
DJ Genki
REDALiCE

Other composers/arrangers:
麻枝准 (Jun Maeda)
高瀬一矢 (Kazuya Takase)
ZTS
久石譲 (Joe Hisaishi)

Necroing this thread to gush out my love for Gackt. :love:

There are other Japanese music artists and a group I like, but most don't get the same love from me as Gackt does. His singing is just amazing, his style is cool, and he's just overall appealing to me. I first heard him in Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII years ago when listening to two of the game's songs, "Longing" and "Redemption", I became obsessed with those songs for so long that my dad's work friend was able to rip the songs for me. Later finding out he's the literal inspiration for Genesis Rhapsodos in DoC and Crisis Core FFVII, and even voicing him in Japanese, made me finally look up more about him, and had me liking the artist and Genesis even more (still my top favorite FFVII Compilation character, as an aside).

All of his songs are great, but other top favorites of mine are:
Last Song
Black Stone
Metamorphoze
Jesus
Haruko
Arrow
Journey Through the Decade

Of course other artists I like are: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Hikaru Utada, NEWS, Vocaloids like Rin & Len and Luka, and even fictional boy idol groups from UtaPri, B-Project, Ensemble Stars, Dream Festival, IDOLiSH7, Hypnosis Mic, etc.

Uttara-Kuru! They're a band that combines traditional instruments with modern synths. It's super cool! I highly recommend their album East Wind.

Another artist I like is Naoyuki Onda (especially the album Dream).

I've listened to a lot of Japanese musicians and seiyuu songs since about...2004, I believe? But the one that'll always have a place in my heart is Two-Mix, consisting of singer/voice actress Minami Takayama and synthesizer/lyricist Shiina Nagano. I randomly stumbled upon the Gundam Wing opening song by complete accident as a kid, and I fell absolutely in love with it. That song, along with downloading the Japanese Hamtaro opening song, also by complete accident, sent me spiraling into anime fandom.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom