• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite month?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
The title pretty much says it all... discuss!

For me, I find that my favorite months tend to be the months where the seasons change... so in other words: December, March, June, and September. Meanwhile, the opposite seems to be true for months where a particular season's signature weather seems to be more intense, such as April (lots of showers), July (lots of heat), and February (lots of snow and cold). I also seem to like months when major events like, say, the end of school happen (imagine that, right?), like May or (again) December. What's interesting to me is that although the months have been becoming a bit less distinct from my perspective given that most of these said "major events" no longer happen for me as a working adult, I still have something of an emotional attachment to those months that make them favorites or non-favorites... perhaps a bit of nostalgia could be at least partially to blame for that.

For me it's most certainly May.

1st of May is a holiday here.
May the 4th be with you.
May 6th is my birthday.
Some week around the early half of May is the Eurovision Song Contest.
May 21st is my name day.
Sometime around this point, the school year tends to end, alongside a fair share of final exams. Which can be tense, but at least I'm done with it.
The weather gets better in general, I like the transition from spring to summer.
Depending on how Orthodox Easter falls, we get even more holidays. Either Easter itself (or at least part of it), or Pentecost Monday.
There's a Pokemon character called May.

So yes, I have lots of reasons for May to be my favourite month :D

Probably November. It's in the fall, so it's getting cooler and crisper outside, and the leaves are changing colors and looking pretty. November has Thanksgiving in the US, and I love stuffing my face with casseroles on Thanksgiving. It's also close enough to Christmas that things start to feel a little festive with people putting up lights and all toward the end of the month, but without the depressing aspect of December (which for me, is that you know it's going to be over soon, and then another year starts and reminds me of the passage of time).

When I was younger, I probably would've said my birthday month for getting presents (May), but now it just kinda gets me down 'cause I don't want to get older lol.

November, hands down.

1 - I was born in this month, yo, so that makes it the most important and godly of them all.
2 - Sunlight, scents and memories.
tumblr_inline_p51e1stoqi1tvdd52_1280.jpg

November or December. It's between these two for me, because I love late autumn/winter. It is the nicest time of the year where I live. However, I may have to favor December over November. In the last couple of years the heat has stayed around into November and kind of ruined it. =(

I'd say...October until mid-March.
Why? Cause being Canadian it's often chilly and snowy during those months.
Also Halloween if my fave time of year due to the cold months.
I like to call it "Halloweeb" because I have a good excuse to get into cosplay~ >=D

July.

I don’t like darkness much, and our winters are rather dark. Summer is nice and bright, as the sun never sets here. June and August are nice months too but they’ve always been either the end or beginning of school for me, so either I’m swamped in exams or just starting a new year with something I don’t like much. Also, July 4th happens to be my birthday :3

July is beeesssst.

That's hard to say. Summer is when I have time off, but I dislike the weather. Maybe May is a nice balance, disregarding the Pokemon announcements that tend to be underwhelming.

I'm an October man myself. It has everything that I could want.

Football season has gone on for about a month so it's starting to get good. It's getting colder out but not too cold, enough to wear a sweatshirt but also still shorts too. The leaves start changing and look really nice. It keeps slowly getting darker earlier every day but it doesn't get too dark too early. It's just a really enjoyable time to me.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom