• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite New Creepy/Weird Pokedex Entries in Sun and Moon~

Reaction score
As we all know by now, Sun and Moon have not failed to continue to give some Dex Entries that are just kinda...."What????" LOL, even older Pokemon have some hilariously crazy entires in Alola~ So I'm wondering which are the most out there to you guys~

While there are some tough contenders like Mimikyu (A scholar saw what was under its rag and died as a result; yikes), I think Primape has to be the most WTH for me.

Primape in Sun: It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.

????????? LMAO, so not only is it literally so pissed off that it physically dies, but it finally ends up looking peaceful for once in death. GAMEFREAK WYD???? Like poor Primape, TBH~ It's already angry 25/8~ Now it could (apparently not rarely) get so angry it causes its own death, wherein it will finally seem to be in peace, only when it dies~ DAMN, GAMEFREAK was seriously on their grind with the creepy entries in Sun and Moon~ There's so many in there that just have me screaming.

So, open up that Rotom Dex and tell me yours~ :3

Mine have to be Mimikyu's busted form entries.

After going to all the effort of disguising itself, its neck was broken. Whatever is inside is probably unharmed, but it's still feeling sad.
If its neck is broken or its rag torn during an attack, it works through the night to patch it.

They talk about how its neck gets broken as if its no big deal. Oh their necks break, but don't worry, they work all night to fix them and their rags:) And they're not hurt, but maybe just a bit sad.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the neck of the disguise, not the Pokemon

I feel like some of the "darker" ones are, tonally, meant more as black comedy. Primeape's strikes me as such, as does Bewear's Moon entry:

> "This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug."

Magikarp's is another such example:

> "Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp."

Genger's Sun entry has a more blunt sense of humor:

> "Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."

While Zygarde Complete Forme's has a more strange sense of humor:

> "This is Zygarde’s 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal."

Lilligant's is rather naughty, though:

> "As soon as it finds a male to be its partner, the beautiful flower on its head darkens, droops, and withers away."

:eek:

Here are some others that I liked, for various reasons rather than just being weird/dark:

Fearow: "Drawings of a Pokémon resembling Fearow can be seen in murals from deep in ancient history." (That's not Fearow, it's a Ho-Oh, ya' numskulls!)

Clefairy: "On nights with a full moon, they gather together and dance. The surrounding area is enveloped in an abnormal magnetic field." (We already knew about the dancing, but I find the magnetic field part intriguing.)

Wigglytuff: "As it inhales, it expands...and expands...and expands. Wigglytuff compete to see which one can inflate itself the most."

Kantonian Geodude: "There are plenty of them to be found along any road. A scholar with too much free time once counted a hundred of them along a single route."

Slowbro: "Whenever Shellder bites down hard on its tail, it gives Slowbro a flash of inspiration...which it forgets a moment later."

Goldeen: "Spellbound by the length of its horn and the beauty of its fins, many strange Trainers raise Goldeen and nothing but Goldeen."

Seaking: "Trainers who are crazy for Seaking are divided into horn enthusiasts and fin enthusiasts. The two groups do not get along well." (That's fandom for you.)

Staryu: "This Pokémon gets nibbled on by Lumineon and others. Thanks to its red core, it regenerates fast, so it’s unconcerned by their snack attacks." (lol)

Cleffa: "Because of its silhouette, it’s believed to be a star reborn. For some reason, it loves Minior."

Oranguru: "Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides. On rare occasions, it shows up at the beach to match wits with Slowking."

Pyukumuku: "These Pokémon line the beaches. The sticky mucous that covers their bodies can be used to soothe sunburned skin. How convenient!"

Alolan Vulpix: "It exhales air colder than -58 degrees Fahrenheit. Elderly people in Alola call this Pokémon by an older name—Keokeo."

Drowzee: "A Pokémon that nourishes itself by eating dreams, it is thought to share common ancestry with Munna and Musharna." (It's canon, baby!)

Magikarp: "Although weak and helpless, this Pokémon is incredibly fertile. They exist in such multitudes, you’ll soon grow tired of seeing them." (How meta... >.>)

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the neck of the disguise, not the Pokemon

Indeed they are. The other version's entry specifically says, "Whatever is underneath is probably unharmed, but it's still feeling sad."

Last edited:
Complete Zygarde's pokedex entry annoys me because it is said to be stronger than both Xerneas and Yveltal but it gets no boost to offensive stats.

I feel like some of the "darker" ones are, tonally, meant more as black comedy. Primeape's strikes me as such, as does Bewear's Moon entry:

> "This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug."

Magikarp's is another such example:

> "Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp."

Genger's Sun entry has a more blunt sense of humor:

> "Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."

While Zygarde Complete Forme's has a more strange sense of humor:

> "This is Zygarde’s 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal."

Lilligant's is rather naughty, though:

> "As soon as it finds a male to be its partner, the beautiful flower on its head darkens, droops, and withers away."

:eek:

Here are some others that I liked, for various reasons rather than just being weird/dark:

Fearow: "Drawings of a Pokémon resembling Fearow can be seen in murals from deep in ancient history." (That's not Fearow, it's a Ho-Oh, ya' numskulls!)

Clefairy: "On nights with a full moon, they gather together and dance. The surrounding area is enveloped in an abnormal magnetic field." (We already knew about the dancing, but I find the magnetic field part intriguing.")

Wigglytuff: "As it inhales, it expands...and expands...and expands. Wigglytuff compete to see which one can inflate itself the most."

Kantonian Geodude: "There are plenty of them to be found along any road. A scholar with too much free time once counted a hundred of them along a single route."

Slowbro: "Whenever Shellder bites down hard on its tail, it gives Slowbro a flash of inspiration...which it forgets a moment later."

Goldeen: "Spellbound by the length of its horn and the beauty of its fins, many strange Trainers raise Goldeen and nothing but Goldeen."

Seaking: "Trainers who are crazy for Seaking are divided into horn enthusiasts and fin enthusiasts. The two groups do not get along well." (That's fandom for you.)

Staryu: "This Pokémon gets nibbled on by Lumineon and others. Thanks to its red core, it regenerates fast, so it’s unconcerned by their snack attacks." (lol)

Cleffa: "Because of its silhouette, it’s believed to be a star reborn. For some reason, it loves Minior."

Oranguru: "Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides. On rare occasions, it shows up at the beach to match wits with Slowking."

Pyukumuku: "These Pokémon line the beaches. The sticky mucous that covers their bodies can be used to soothe sunburned skin. How convenient!"

Alolan Vulpix: "It exhales air colder than -58 degrees Fahrenheit. Elderly people in Alola call this Pokémon by an older name—Keokeo."

Drowzee: "A Pokémon that nourishes itself by eating dreams, it is thought to share common ancestry with Munna and Musharna." (It's canon, baby!)

Magikarp: "Although weak and helpless, this Pokémon is incredibly fertile. They exist in such multitudes, you’ll soon grow tired of seeing them." (How meta... >.>)

Indeed they are. The other version's entry specifically says, "Whatever is underneath is probably unharmed, but it's still feeling sad."

Wow, that's something for Lilligant~ XD I also enjoyed Fearow, Kanto Geodude, Slowbro, Seaking (LOLOL) Staryu (what a boss) Cleffa (nice nod to Minior), Oranguru (hilarious), and Alolan Vulpix (Keokeo, interesting)~

What about Pyukumuku's entry? In Sun, it says that it can eject its own internal organs. I'm sure that'll make weak stomachs squirm at the very least.

On another note, Mega Salamence's entry mentions that it can slice anything & anyone in its flight path, may turn against its own trainer at the snap of a finger, & that it's known as, "The Blood-soaked Crescent."

Very brutal, not to mention highly disturbing.

First off, nice title, talking about creepy stuff with a ~ at the end like you're so cheerful about it. :p

Second, here's this little tidbit from Golbat's Moon entry:

"Sometimes they drink so much blood, they can't fly anymore. Then they fall to the ground and become food for other Pokemon."

Well, that's quite a way to go...stuck on the ground with your prey ready to eat you up...

What about Pyukumuku's entry? In Sun, it says that it can eject its own internal organs. I'm sure that'll make weak stomachs squirm at the very least.

On another note, Mega Salamence's entry mentions that it can slice anything & anyone in its flight path, may turn against its own trainer at the snap of a finger, & that it's known as, "The Blood-soaked Crescent."

Very brutal, not to mention highly disturbing.

Yikes, Salamence, a savage!~ His entry reminds me of Sliggoo, who will try to "melt and eat even Pokemon it gets along with." And Pyukumuku, as well know is pretty weird. Makes you wonder if it even needs them to survive~ :eek:

First off, nice title, talking about creepy stuff with a ~ at the end like you're so cheerful about it. :p

Second, here's this little tidbit from Golbat's Moon entry:

"Sometimes they drink so much blood, they can't fly anymore. Then they fall to the ground and become food for other Pokemon."

Well, that's quite a way to go...stuck on the ground with your prey ready to eat you up...

Haha, I thought about that, too: this "~" But it's such a force of habit to use it~ XD And true, I also heard that entry. Sucking the blood of others and then ending up as food itself!~ :eek:

Toxapex leaving a trail of Corsola bits is incredibly dark when Corsola is such a package of cuteness you'd never want to see it hurt. ;_;

The Primeape one is pretty good. I also like the Bewear one that says it's basically broke a lot of trainer's spines by hugging them. Lots of death in these.

The Moon entry for Sharpedo:

"It has a sad history. In the past, its dorsal fin was a treasured foodstuff, so this Pokemon became a victim of overfishing."

...For a "Brutal" Pokemon... That's a brutal past to live with. -_-

Is it just me or are a lot of the Rotomdex's entries about predation and death??
Even sweet innocent Sylveon goes from:
It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights.

To:
Its ribbonlike feelers give off an aura that weakens hostility in its prey, causing them to let down their guard. Then it attacks.

I get it, Pokémon need to eat and not all can be completely vegan but I think Rotom has some issues... (Maybe its just annoyed it doesn't actually have an entry on itself.)

Is it just me or are a lot of the Rotomdex's entries about predation and death??
Even sweet innocent Sylveon goes from:
It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights.

To:
Its ribbonlike feelers give off an aura that weakens hostility in its prey, causing them to let down their guard. Then it attacks.

I get it, Pokémon need to eat and not all can be completely vegan but I think Rotom has some issues... (Maybe its just annoyed it doesn't actually have an entry on itself.)

The Moon Dex for Sylveon is quite similar to that as well. I don't like how they made many of them so graphic. Lumineon praying on Starmie, Mandibuzz praying on Cubone... Palossand having a hoard of Bones under it of those it drained its life force. :eek:

It's as if the Rotom Dex is portraying all the hidden brutality that the other dex's decide to leave out. Although the Dex is also supposedly a very, very rare variant as well... I wonder how much influence Rotom had on these the entries myself.

I feel like Rotom may be trolling us a bit. Maybe he's parodying some of the past Pokedex entries to poke fun? :p

That's pretty much what it is. If Rotom-dex is supposed to be like Whisper from Yokai Watch, it makes sense that the entries would have more personality to it (especially if the Pokedex is supposed to be reading the entries out loud). Additionally, its a nice way out for Game Freak when they make clearly impossible entries that are supposed to sound scientific because Rotom decided to mess around with it.

Of course, the fandom likes being darker and edgier so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people misinterpret the dark comedy stylings of Rotom-dex

Honestly, I feel like this was a throwback to the early fandom. I recall my friends claiming that the Pokemon Ash saw was a Fearow >_>

That's pretty much what it is. If Rotom-dex is supposed to be like Whisper from Yokai Watch, it makes sense that the entries would have more personality to it (especially if the Pokedex is supposed to be reading the entries out loud). Additionally, its a nice way out for Game Freak when they make clearly impossible entries that are supposed to sound scientific because Rotom decided to mess around with it.

Of course, the fandom likes being darker and edgier so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people misinterpret the dark comedy stylings of Rotom-dex

It's a good point. Although I think the ecological stuff, like the bits that have to do with the food chain/predation, is probably at least rooted in fact. We know that the Mareanie/Corsola relationship isn't just Dexbabble, after all, because it's mentioned several times outside of it. But the tone with which Rotom explains it could be exaggerative - which makes a lot of sense, considering that Rotom are Ghost types that are well-known to be mischievous.

It's as if the Rotom Dex is portraying all the hidden brutality that the other dex's decide to leave out. Although the Dex is also supposedly a very, very rare variant as well... I wonder how much influence Rotom had on these the entries myself.

LOLing because it never occurred to me that since this Dex actually has a personality, it's him deciding just to be super graphic with the entries~ XD

Makes me wonder, tho~ Rotom is a Pokemon, meaning it has some actual insight into how Pokemon are in the wild, as opposed to presumably the PC, who writes the other Dex Entries. Perhaps the entries are so wild because Rotom has first hand knowledge of how brutal some of the Pokemon can actually be~ :eek:

Like when I see a Sylveon, the first thing I think of is "pretty healing ribbon-like feelers"~ When Rotom sees one, he's like "Oh, that's the Pokemon that'll get your guard down with its feelers before it attacks!"

Makes me wonder, tho~ Rotom is a Pokemon, meaning it has some actual insight into how Pokemon are in the wild, as opposed to presumably the PC, who writes the other Dex Entries. Perhaps the entries are so wild because Rotom has first hand knowledge of how brutal some of the Pokemon can actually be~ :eek:
I here this a lot but like? Rotom is a Pokemon that for the most part possess electrical appliances and therefore would likely live in urban areas. Just because its a Pokemon, doesn't mean it has first-hand expertise on Pokemon that live deep in the ocean...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom