• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite non-animal Pokémon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Per the title, which Pokémon not based on real-world creatures — be they inanimate objects, abstract concepts, or otherwise — are your personal favorites?

Muk, Magnemite, Cryogonal, Yamask, and Claydol all rank high for me for various reasons, but I'll admit that Klefki holds the keys to my heart.

A lot of my favorites are like that. Reuniclus, Dusclops and Dusknoir, the Magnet family, the Regis, Gardevoir (who is still an ethereal semi-eldritch being no matter what the fanart tries to depict it as)...

And now that I think about it... this very thread's premise could be a theme for my trainersona's team: a team that looks less like a pack of animals and more like a menagerie of constructs and otherworldly beings (the spirit world included.)

I don't often use many non-animal based Pokémon on my team. When I do though its either Gardevoir, Gallade or Metagross

1. Jirachi: Starboi is cute.
  2. Reuniclus family: Very unique concept that looks cute and strong and has adorable preevos.
  3. Hitmontop: I like his design, attitude and spinning motif.
  4. Pineco: While it's based on a bagworm it doesn't have many "worm" attributes on its design so I'll count it. I think it looks like a grumpy old man.
  5. Golett & Golurk: Partially humanoid but based on rocks at the end of the day. Great designs with nice colors.
  6. Unown: Literally based on the power of words and speak, is very underrated.
Honorable mentions: Ditto, Magnemite, Regice, Castform, Deoxys, Chingling, Roggenrola, Floette, Stakataka, Kartana, Palossand, Guzzlord, Stonjouner, Falinks.

Gengar - love its grin and high Speed and Special Attack.
Rotom - has a really cool and fun form gimmick, and I love the method of encountering it in the Sinnoh games.
Chandelure - creepy and has huge Special Attack stat.
Metagross - pretty unique for a pseudo-legendary and has a good movepool.
Darkrai - love its lore and high Special Attack and Speed.
I also quite like: Alcremie, Mismaguis, Golurk, Magnezone and Aegislash.

Metagross - Has a cool design and its shiny is one of my favorites.
Mismagius - Very spooky and it looks like a witch.
Gigalith - Its cooler than Golem and I like its shiny with the blue rocks.
Chandelure - Very spooky and has a unique typing.
Sandygast/Palossand - I like building sandcastles at the beach, and its Water Compaction ability is quite useful. Used it on my main team in Sun.

Magnezone has always been a reliable Pokémon whenever I used it in the games.

In the past I used to like Dialga because of its Steel-typing, but nowadays I prefer Palkia's spatial abilities, as I feel the spatial stuff isn't nearly as explored as temporal abilities are.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom