• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Memories

ok so i LOVE these games and it's so nuts to me that they're this old now...
there's a lot i like about them but to keep this post at an acceptable length i'll just my top five i guess?
  • the character redesigns are SO good. there are hardly any at all that i don't prefer to the original. i feel like the antagonistic teams especially got a huge glow-up, and... i feel like the newer ones just have more personality in general? to me at least
  • i know it gets (understandable) criticism from some people but man did i love the delta episode.
  • the SOUNDTRACK. not that rse's was bad or anything (i quite love it actually) but oras has a lot of the loveliest and most memorable songs in series history imo. the updated boss themes and rival themes especially <3 (not to mention zinnia's!)
  • oras has my absolute favorite contests in the series. in other games where they appear i usually try them out once and never go back unless the mood really strikes for some reason. i actually looked forward to them here.
  • okay it's totally not the first game to have the pokemon-amie but the pokemon-amie (the refresh too lol) is always a good thing!! though maybe that's just me being sappy cuz one of my favorite things in the series is like... spending time with and taking care of my pokemon i guess! and forming bonds with them as individuals? yeah i guess that's really cheesy but whatever it's true d:
so anyway i love oras (and just gen 3 in general i suppose lol)

Oh god ORAS is my personal favorite so there's too many...

Starting it at my friend's house the night it came out, making it to Mauville and screaming in shock at what they did with it. Hated it at first but loved it by the time I left.
Experiencing all the new but old characters in 3D
The new story parts and incorporation of Mega Evolution. Loved seeing my Latis get a small little story in the main game
Zinnia. Didn't like her at first and then loved her by the time it was over. Really hope we see her again someday.

In Omega Ruby, I loved the fact that four of my team members had beneficial natures - Swampert and Absol were Adamant, and Gardevoir and Manectric were Modest (although I used Gardevoir's Synchronize to attract the latter, but still).
In Alpha Sapphire, I was very happy to learn my Sceptile's Hidden Power is Fire-type, and I also loved using Milotic in a playthrough for the first time.

Um, riding on the back of a Mega Rayquaza into space to have it destroy a meteor and fight against Deoxys. Yeah that's a very cool memory... yeah. I also once solo'd the game with Clamperl. It was challenging! I lost to Primal Groudon about four times; I lost to so many Roselia in the game, including Wally's own; I also lost to an Ace Trainer's Froslass who kept dropping Clamperl's Special Defense with Shadow Ball for like six matches in a row. Elite Four Phoebe prior to postgame was also rough because she led with Curse Dusclops, and a Curse lead is the last thing you want to see in a solo run. Almost everything else somehow went smooth but I spammed X items against every notable fight.

Speaking of Wally, my jaw dropped throughout the entire fight of Victory Road Wally the first time I went through it.

This youtuber, while expressing their own opinions, perfectly explained how I felt about this battle in #2.

During my first run through Pokémon Omega Ruby, I spent the early parts of the game using Player Search System. After many Wonder Trades and some GTS trades, someone sent me a random trade request. At the time, I hardly had any Pokémon let alone valuable ones. I was still pretty much at the beginning of the game! I didn't know what I had to offer but got curious and accepted the trade anyway. I showed them the Pokémon I had, but then realized they were only trying to show off all of their mythicals and legendaries. I waited for them to finish showcasing their Pokémon but when they were done, they whipped out an Audino named "YOU SUCK!" and left. Little did either of us ever know that same Pokémon would one day become my favorite, beyond all those special Pokémon they showed off.

I also once modified an Audino and gave it Illusion, to test out how Illusion mechanics were affected by Mega Evolution. It turned out whenever a Pokémon disguised as whoever's in the back Mega Evolves, they keep the appearance of the disguised Pokémon, and it doesn't get broken by the opposing Pokémon's attacks. Very cool. I reverted the Audino back to normal but then made it shiny as tribute to the event. This was also prior to Audino becoming my favorite Pokémon.

Lastly, I'm insane and have created something for my most recent run through ORAS.....

Premise: Hoopa reached out to the player beforehand to set up an interesting challenge. You are to access the Vs. Recorder, enter the dome set in its digital world, and battle each of the boss fights Hoopa has tied to a specific checkpoint of your adventure. It already knows how you'll traverse through the game, and so it's using this as its opportunity to set you up for a grand adventure.

I called it The Hoopa Dome Encounters because Hoopa could easily serve as a lore explanation for this challenge I had, as it could use its rings to move nearly anything and anyone anywhere it wants and will use this for fun whenever possible. The Arceus arrived on its own as it was satisfied by seeing everything you've gone through on your journey. It wanted to serve as one big final challenge of the game, but Hoopa sneaks a Triple Battle in afterwards.

Really this all started when I was like "hmm, what if ORAS, but with totems? Oh wait I can make that!" I can't give them automatic stat boosts, so I made each of these bosses ~1.5x the level of the checkpoint they're tied to. Not all are the same, the boss I set up for Tate & Liza are level 63 because I forgot they were level 45 in ORAS, since to them being level 42 in every other Hoenn game. This ended up working well anyway since the checkpoint for Hoopa-Unbound was level 45 and a clear level distinction between it and the boss before it are shown. he final bosses are not 1.5x because they would've had to exceed level 100 if they were. I still just set them to where they're way higher than the checkpoint battle.
I used two 3DS/2DS consoles with two compatible Pokemon games to connect with each other via LAN or online for battle. A team and theme is selected before each battle. Upon battle, one or both consoles forfeit the match, and I use the primary console to save the match on the Vs. Recorder. This was done until I decided the setup was done. An external device was used to create the sets, but none is required. Upon completion, I reset one of the compatible games to start a challenge run - Obtain the Vs. Recorder at Mauville, and before each checkpoint, access the Vs. Recorder in order to defeat the dedicated boss tied to the checkpoint. Defeating the boss and the checkpoint battle back to back was required in order to progress to the next part of the game. A loss in either battle required the boss fight to be defeated again.

Additional Rules: No bag items during battle. No reaching up to the level of the boss on your checkpoint. Preferably, be as minimally overleveled past the checkpoint Gym Leader as possible if at all.
531-0.png

Audino (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
Level: 32
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
  • Wish
  • Calm Mind
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Fire Blast

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Wattson
Format: Single Battle
Theme: Wild Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★★ (10/10)
=============================================================================================================================================================================

428-0.png

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Level: 42
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Fake Out
  • Return
  • High Jump Kick
  • Fire Punch

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Flannery
Theme: Wild Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★ (4/10)
=============================================================================================================================================================================

18-0.png

Pidgeot (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Level: 45
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Hurricane
  • Heat Wave
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Norman
Theme: Gym Leader Battle

142-0.png

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 53
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Wing Attack
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
  • Hone Claws

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Winona
Theme: Gym Leader Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★ (5/10)

380-0.png

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 63
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
  • Wish
  • Psychic
  • Heal Pulse
  • Charm

381-0.png

Latios (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 63
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Shadow Claw

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leaders Tate & Liza
Format: Double Battle
Theme: Rival Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★ (6/10)

720-1.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Tanga Berry
Ability: Magician
Level: 68
Jolly Nature
  • Hyperspace Fury
  • Fire Punch
  • Gunk Shot
  • Drain Punch

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre
Theme: Archie/Maxie Battle

721-0.png

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 70
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Steam Eruption
  • Flamethrower
  • Earth Power
  • Sludge Bomb

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Wallace
Theme: Lugia Battle

719-0.png

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 89
Hasty Nature
  • Diamond Storm
  • Moonblast
  • Earth Power
  • Protect

491-0.png

Darkrai @ Dread Plate
Ability: Bad Dreams
Level: 89
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Dark Void
  • Nasty Plot
  • Dark Pulse
  • Sludge Bomb

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Champion Steven
Theme: Reshiram/Zekrom Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★★★★ (12/10)

151-0.png

Mew @ Light Clay
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 93
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Light Screen
  • Transform
  • Metronome
  • Reflect

150-2.png

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Level: 93
Modest Nature
  • Psystrike
  • Thunderbolt
  • Moonblast
  • Secret Sword

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Rayquaza, Lorekeeper Zinnia, & Deoxys
Theme: Rival Battle

493-0.png

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Shadow Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Extreme Speed

384-0.png

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Earthquake
  • Extreme Speed

0-0.png

Checkpoint: Champion Steven (Post Delta Episode) - The "Final Boss"
Theme: Zinnia Battle

383-0.png

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Jolly Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Precipice Blades
  • Dragon Tail
  • Rock Slide

384-0.png

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Earthquake
  • Extreme Speed

382-0.png

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
  • Water Spout
  • Thunder
  • Ice Beam
  • Hydro Pump

0-0.png

Checkpoint: N/A (After defeating Post Delta Episode Champion Steven) - The "Bonus Boss"
Format: Triple Battle
Theme: Battle Chatelaine (ORAS)
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★ (10/10)
Reward: Event Hoopa ported into game. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_region_serial_code_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_VI)#Mighty_Hoopa
My final team upon completing the challenge: https://i.imgur.com/V8Tigl0.jpg
Pokepaste importable for challenge: https://pokepast.es/d41642d946bdf855

I got the Klekfi and Audino from transferring one of each from Pokemon Bank, alongside a Ditto, then breeding them in Route 117 to raise Klefki and Audino from an egg.
The numbers at the end were just my rankings of which bosses I had the easiest time with and which I had the most difficult.

Audino - 2 attempts. Long and hard battle. (9th)

Lopunny - 1 attempt. Easy (1st)

Pidgeot - 5 attempts. Very difficult. Entrainment Audino came in clutch. (10th)

Aerodactyl - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion. (3rd)

Latias + Latios - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion. (4th)

Hoopa-Unbound - 1 attempt. Moderately easy. (6th)

Volcanion - 1 attempt. Moderately easy. (5th)

Diancie + Darkrai - 14 attempts. Ludicrous. Had to actually figure out the AI, play around them, and hope I get lucky with AI attacks. I barely beat Steven too. (11th)

Mew + Mewtwo - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion (2nd)

Arceus + Mega Ray - 3 attempts. Moderate. (8th)

Groudon + Rayquaza + Kyogre - 2 attempt. Messed up the first time. Moderate. (7th)

Extra notes:
I lost to the first May fight like 5 times because my Torchic sucked and even had low Speed nature.

l almost lost to Glacia and Drake to hax during my first Elite Four run.

I again almost lost to Glacia and actually did lose to Drake due to hax in my postgame Elite Four run.

I lost to some random dude with 4 level 60 Bug-types at the Battle Resort because I hit their Heracross and it landed with low HP left. It then proceeded to outspeed everything and sweep with Reversal.

I decided I had to KO the wild Level 45 Primal Groudon in the game instead of catching it. It was a more difficult fight than every gym leader (lol) in the game (not including the Hoopa Encounter boss that came before them). This isn't as relevant but I wanted to point it out. Primal Groudon comes back in the postgame anyway.

I managed to find and catch a wild Azelf in not many Poke Balls pretty much immediately after the climax. It was nicknamed Sectonia. It was never used until I cleared every boss fight.
Rayquaza was a mandatory catch and use in the Delta Episode. I named it drampa's gp. I used it to 6-0 Zinnia and accidentally OHKO the level 80 wild Deoxys. I beat the Mew + Mewtwo before catching Rayquaza.

The maingame Steven encounter and checkpoint battles were quite frankly ridiculous. I lost to Diancie + Darkrai 14 times and then almost lost to Steven thanks to missing High Jump Kick earlier. This game REALLY loved haxing me in the Pokemon League.

Diancie + Darkrai logs
[03:31:27] #Ransei: oml
[03:32:50] *Bellematon: Coyg
[03:33:20] #Ransei: It took me
[03:33:23] #Ransei: 14 attempts
[03:33:27] #Ransei: to beat Diancie + Darkrai
[03:33:30] #Ransei: but I did it
[03:33:37] #Ransei: dude
[03:33:39] #Ransei: the Mega Diancie
[03:33:40] #Ransei: was
[03:33:41] #Ransei: so
[03:33:41] #Ransei: so
[03:33:42] #Ransei: so
[03:33:42] #Ransei: so
[03:33:43] #Ransei: so
[03:33:45] #Ransei: ludicrous
[03:33:59] #Ransei: it outsped everything
[03:34:04] #Ransei: even after two speed boosts
[03:34:16] #Ransei: and i could not paralyze it without secret power
[03:35:35] #Ransei: i had to figure out what the AI was going to do
[03:35:37] #Ransei: play around that
[03:35:39] #Ransei: and get lucky
[03:35:41] #Ransei: it was hard
[03:35:45] #Ransei: hax was not the method
[03:35:48] Damnright: man's talking to himself
[03:35:49] #Ransei: mega diancie was virtually hax proof
[03:35:51] #Ransei: rai was fine
[03:35:52] #Ransei: but
[03:35:56] #Ransei: sometimes it wasn't
[03:36:06] #Ransei: ok
[03:36:10] #Ransei: now i have to beat steven
[03:36:12] #Ransei: or else i redo that
[03:36:21] #Ransei: skarmory? skarm sucks
[03:38:41] #Ransei: claydol
[03:38:47] #Ransei: sees gyarados
[03:38:49] #Ransei: claydol
[03:38:56] #Ransei: uses LIGHT SCREEN
[03:39:13] *Bellematon: Hi Dad!
[03:41:31] @swagn: this is a certified #RanseiMoment
[03:48:21] #Ransei: i almost lost to Steven
[03:48:23] #Ransei: holy heck
[03:48:27] #Ransei: yaaaaaaas
[03:48:36] #Ransei: i don't have to do that diancie darkrai battle again
[03:48:38] #Ransei: yaaaaas
[03:48:57] #Ransei: what in the world did i just go through
[03:48:58] #Ransei: LOL
[03:49:16] #Ransei: mega metagross gave me pain
[03:49:17] #Ransei: because
[03:49:27] #Ransei: you want to know why?
[03:49:38] #Ransei: because my only mons i had against it
[03:49:43] #Ransei: were SURF Audino
[03:49:47] #Ransei: which quickly got KOed
[03:49:53] #Ransei: I had to take down most of its HP
[03:49:54] #Ransei: with
[03:50:04] #Ransei: a level 53 Secret Power Ninjask
[03:50:09] #Ransei: a frickin
[03:50:11] #Ransei: Mega Metagross
[03:50:18] #Ransei: with level 53 Secret Power Ninjask
[03:50:31] #Ransei: I had every opportunity to just get OHKOed and obliterated
[03:50:38] #Ransei: tbf I also had a Klefki
[03:50:47] #Ransei: but Klefki ran out of PP for all attacks it could hit with
[03:51:27] #Ransei: yeah that
[03:51:32] #Ransei: was probably the hardest boss i set up
[03:51:38] #Ransei: i don't think mega ray is gonna be that difficult
[03:51:40] #Ransei: nope
[03:52:16] *Bellematon: Bye Dad...
[03:52:20] #Ransei: > 14 attempts to beat level 89 diancie + level 89 darkrai
[03:53:53] #Ransei: team
[03:54:12] #Ransei: level 53 blaziken, level 53 klefki, level 52 audino, level 51 gyarados, level 53 ninjask, level 53 shedinja

Pidgeot logs
[01:26:09] #Ransei: i'm fighting the Pidgeot boss
[01:26:12] #Ransei: i've lost four times
[01:26:17] #Ransei: and am trying to find SOME way to beat it
[01:26:33] #Ransei: !code
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Level: 45 EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
  • Hurricane
  • Heat Wave
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
[01:26:35] #Ransei: this is the set
[01:26:37] @sWAgN: Ransei!!!!
[01:26:43] #Ransei: my team
[01:27:06] #Ransei: level 29 klefki, level 28 shedinja, level 29 audino, level 27 gyarados, level 30 combusken, level 27 Ninjask
[01:27:30] #Ransei: bro
[01:27:34] #Ransei: my audino just got entrainment
[01:27:37] #Ransei: that's a game changer
[01:27:39] #Ransei: oml
[01:27:42] @sWAgN: nice
[01:27:52] @sWAgN: it's entrainment time
[01:28:01] #Ransei: this is perfect
[01:28:05] #Ransei: now pidgeot can actually
[01:28:07] #Ransei: miss
[01:28:50] #Ransei: time to get back to norman's gym
[01:28:54] #Ransei: and defeat this birb

Audino logs
[12:42:35] #Ransei: okay
[12:42:38] #Ransei: time to face the first boss
[12:48:23] #Ransei: okay
[12:48:42] #Ransei: I got absolutely stomped by this Mega Audino
[13:19:29] #Ransei: I beat the Mega Audino
[13:19:32] #Ransei: Holy...
[13:19:42] #Ransei: That was one hell of a boss fight
[13:29:30] #Ransei: That Mega Audino
[13:29:33] #Ransei: Was so tanky
[13:29:51] #Ransei: I wasn't sure whether this was Mega Audino
[13:29:55] #Ransei: Or Eternamax
[13:30:14] #Ransei: and it had recovery
[13:30:22] #Ransei: One of the few bosses with recovery

Random Bug-type trainer notes
[11:18:42] #Ransei: battle resort ppl having XY Elite Four level teams
[11:27:55] #Ransei: maybe i should pay attention to my 3DS
[11:28:04] #Ransei: this Heracross KOed my Gyarados
[11:28:18] #Ransei: i sent out Blaziken, expecting to outspeed and KO with Blaze Kick
[11:28:27] #Ransei: I look away from the 3DS
[11:28:29] #Ransei: I look back
[11:28:34] #Ransei: my Blaziken fainted
[11:28:41] #Ransei: straight up one-shotted
[11:28:45] #Ransei: and the Heracross lost 0 HP
[11:28:47] #Ransei: what happen
[11:30:22] #Ransei: ok I checked Heracross learnset
[11:30:26] #Ransei: and I think I can take a good guess
[11:30:31] #Ransei: Blaziken missed
[11:30:37] #Ransei: and then Heracross used Reversal
[11:30:41] BrookeState'-': oof
[11:30:44] #Ransei: it has like 1 health left anyway
[11:30:47] #Ransei: so Reversal has 200 BP
[11:30:51] BrookeState'-': rip blaziken
[11:31:04] #Ransei: oh no
[11:31:10] #Ransei: oh...
[11:31:18] #Ransei: yeah that's exactly what it was
[11:31:29] #Ransei: also
[11:31:31] #Ransei: nah
[11:31:35] BrookeState'-': Heracross God
[11:31:37] #Ransei: my blaziken probably got outsped, actually
[11:31:51] #Ransei: i just sent out klefki
[11:31:57] #Ransei: klefki, 5 speed lower than the blaziken
[11:32:03] BrookeState'-': Pov it had shadow sneak or extreme speed
[11:32:04] #Ransei: it got outsped and one-shotted by reversal
[11:32:21] BrookeState'-': rip klefki
[11:32:24] BrookeState'-': you wont be missed
[11:33:17] #Ransei: uh
[11:33:27] #Ransei: uh....
[11:33:34] BrookeState'-': that Heracross is Op
[11:33:41] #Ransei: uhhhhhhh
[11:34:40] BrookeState'-': what happened
[11:34:47] BrookeState'-': did the heracross use explosion?
[11:35:00] #Ransei: hear me out
[11:35:04] #Ransei: i just lost to a dude
[11:35:08] #Ransei: running 4 bug-types

Postgame Drake logs
[06:43:59] #Ransei: I lost to postgame Drake
[06:44:00] #Ransei: and
[06:44:06] #Ransei: Am really.hating this E4 run
[06:44:27] #Ransei: Because I'm getting the hell haxed of
[06:44:46] #Ransei: /me sets up 4 dragon dances, ensuring victory
[06:44:59] #Ransei: /me also misses Ice Fang on the very second Pokémon
[06:45:15] Shays Fate: F
[06:45:27] #Ransei: /me leads with mega blaziken on glacia to ensure victory