• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Pokemon films

Favorite Pokemon films

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka_Rules!

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
Since Arceus and the Jewel of Life came out in the US, I decided to make another poll on your favorite Pokemon films. :)

I only saw four of them. I saw Mewtwo Strikes Back, The Power of One, and Spell of the Unown in English (and all in theaters, too), but looking back on them now, they're not that great. Mewtwo Strikes Back in particular is one of the lamest movies I've ever watched, but the piss-poor dubbing just drags it down even further until it's literally torture to watch it. (I channeled my rage with the dub version into a Reader Recap for the Agony Booth; I hate it that much.)

However, I did see The Seven-Night's Wishing Star: Jirachi in Japanese (as well as the accompanying short, The Dancing Pokémon Secret Base). For obvious reasons, I thought it was vastly superior. In fact, it was one of my first big exposures to the Japanese version of the anime, and the level of effort put into the voice acting just blew me away. Butler and Diane were really interesting characters, and I was very much invested in their story. And I thought it was nice that they put the main focus on Masato instead of Satoshi - people have badmouthed Masato for being an obnoxious or unnecessary character, but this movie made me realize that he's just as good as anyone else in the main cast. Also, the short is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life, and "Polka O Dolka" is my favorite Pokémon song ever, so it's got that going for it too.

Now, I have read up on the other movies, and most of them caught my interest. The only one that doesn't do anything for me is Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea, which I can already tell is very derivative of the Jirachi movie. And while a movie centered on Haruka seems like it'd be interesting, the fact that it's Satoshi who saves the day at the end while she just stands around waiting just rubs me the wrong way. And the inclusion of the Pokémon Ranger concept seems really forced, even doubly so in the wake of Hinata's appearances on the anime itself. How much promotion do the Ranger games really need?

I've now seen all of them, so these are my favorites in order:

Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
This one I've always loved. Entei is kick ass, Molly is amazing (<33333 all of her different aged versions), and the story is interesting.

Movie 5: Heroes, Latios and Latias
I hadn't seen this one until recently, but I LOVE Latias. I especially love her as Bianca, and I also like Bianca as a movie character too. The scenery in this movie is great, plus I love water in general, so of course I enjoyed this movie.

Movie 11: Giratina and the Sky Bouquet/Warrior
I like the sub/Japanese voicing better from what bits I've heard of the english dub, plus the JP title translated sounds so much prettier than what they called it in english (what, does it have to sound MANLY-er or something?). Anyways, Shaymin is adorable (despite its annoying attitude at times), and I liked the plot for this movie.

Movie 2: The Power of One
This one wins me over for two things: The song that Melody played at the end, and Slowking's line "I wish I had some pants" xD

I like all the rest in general, but these are the ones I don't mind watching over and over.

Heroes remains my favourite, with Ranger in second. In all honesty though, I don't really dislike any of them. They all have their fun quirks.

1, 5, 7, 9, 10.

I liked the first one, almost JUST because it was the first. Otherwise, I liked the plot. I like Mewtwo's character. *Didn't really enjoy the second one too much though, Mewtwo Returns?*

I liked Pokemon Heroes because of the setting (Loved the idea of a city built around water, I think it was based off of Venice, Italy?), Latias, and that kick-ass full length Master Quest theme song. :eek:

I liked Destiny Deoxys because I, in general, like Deoxys as a Pokemon. The story was rather driven, for being so simple. A friend looking for a friend. Oh, and a territorial dragon was chasing your ass the whole time. LaRousse city was amazing, I almost want to live there myself.

I did like the Temple of the Sea, it wasn't a movie focused on Ash saving the day and all. I'm a sucker for anything to do with the ocean (Also why I liked 'Heroes) too. xD
Jirachi: Wish Maker was nice and all, I did like it. (Forgot to vote that! Oops...) I kinda liked Temple of the Sea better, but it's all opinions and whatnot.

The Rise of Darkrai... Out of the Diamond/Pearl arc, this one has been my favorite. Darkrai was pretty cool. I was a bit upset that Palkia was portrayed as some asshole, I like him better than Dialga. But otherwise I liked the plot.

I do like all the movies, really, but these are my top favorites.

So far, I really like Movie 3, Jirachi Wish Maker, Destiny Deoxys, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. My mom liked the last one too, the first time a Pokemon movie made her cry. D:

We already have this exact thread. Someone please close this one. It's superfluous.

This isn't the same as the previous poll. You can choose more than one option, so I think it can be passed off as a different poll.

*alerts moderator*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom